Round 22 Discussion

Typical dogs. Execute a great play that would almost certainly result in a try to a speedy winger to the wing that Josh Jackson is having a rest on.

This Eels team sorta reminds me of 2015 Broncos, and they are using some of our plays from the last few years

The Eels kicking game is all class from both halves. Tot's jealous. Of the kicking game just to be clear.

Every year a team makes a run from about now, this year it seems to be the Eels.

Additionally, everyone complains about us getting so many free-to-air games but what about the Bulldogs? They seem to be on every week and are like THE worst advertisement for the excitement of league.

Every year a team makes a run from about now, this year it seems to be the Eels.

Additionally, everyone complains about us getting so many free-to-air games but what about the Bulldogs? They seem to be on every week and are like THE worst advertisement for the excitement of league.
The last time the Eels got hot this late in the season, they made the GF.

Here's the thing I don't understand.

Canterbury/Parramatta is a legitimate rivalry and at one time was a huge draw down in Sydney. So instead of moving the game to Sunday where you could probably attract a healthy crowd and generate some atmosphere, it's thrown onto a Thursday and nobody gets excited for it.

I made a big song and dance about it last season, but Channel 9's allocations have been awful. What it should have been this week...

Thursday - Cronulla Sharks vs Canberra Raiders
Friday - North Queensland Cowboys vs Melbourne Storm
Sunday - Manly Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters

Or even Eels v Bulldogs.

Typical dogs. Execute a great play that would almost certainly result in a try to a speedy winger to the wing that Josh Jackson is having a rest on.

Josh Reynolds to a tee......

Here's the thing I don't understand.

Canterbury/Parramatta is a legitimate rivalry and at one time was a huge draw down in Sydney. So instead of moving the game to Sunday where you could probably attract a healthy crowd and generate some atmosphere, it's thrown onto a Thursday and nobody gets excited for it.

I made a big song and dance about it last season, but Channel 9's allocations have been awful. What it should have been this week...

Thursday - Cronulla Sharks vs Canberra Raiders
Friday - North Queensland Cowboys vs Melbourne Storm
Sunday - Manly Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters

Or even Eels v Bulldogs.

The sooner the NRL part with the nine the better, at the moment they suit each other perfectly because neither of them show any forethought or desire to grow or advertise the game at all.

Still question marks over Parramatta for me, but they've certainly stepped it up a notch.

Granted we were a bit flat last week but their commitment the last two weeks has been excellent. Previously they've shown high energy in the opening phases but dropped off as the match wears on. Last two weeks though, they've found a way to maintain that intensity which makes them very hard to handle.

Ball is still in the Storm's court this year, but a team that can play up tempo and aggressive with second phase play ala Parramatta is the blueprint to trouble them.

Yeah I think don't think the Eels are going that well, they are completing their sets tho and not making a lot of errors which is how they beat us.

They have put a series of wins together but they got smashed by the Cows in round 14, beat a struggling Dragons and played a struggling bulldogs twice, they played a weakened Storm at origin time and only just beat the tigers by 1 point all on the back of two nicely placed bye rounds.

Last edited:
You're right @Waynesaurus but as we saw last season with Cronulla & Canberra, sometimes it is just about getting on a roll at the right time of the season. They should be able to win 8 games on the trot and come September, that will make them one of the form teams of the finals.

Yep, they do have a good run home and are in a great position to grab a top four spot, from there anything is possible. We will need to beat them in round 25.

Second set from the Dragons and their second error...

A poor start from them.

Phoooaaaarrrrrr!............Graham Hughes commentating the Dragons/Rabbits game on Fox...............ohhhh this brings back memories!

And another error..

Fucking hell. Scrappy start to the game from both sides.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • marw
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • azza.79
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.