Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs Pre-Match Discussion

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
We are a chance in my mind if we play like last night.

BIG ask. Rabbits looks to be hitting their best form.

If we are to stand any chance, we need to shut down the Burgess boys in the middle. They're the heart of the team.

Despite a much improved showing vs the Dogs, I can't back us with any confidence here.

Souths have the power game of the Dogs, along with a good backline and creativity in the halves.

If our kicking game was as spot on as it was last night, we might be able to nullify their grunt up front, but I wouldn't count on it.

I see us being reasonably competitive, but letting it slip in the dying stages.

This team is capable of anything, including beating the (current) best team in the competition.

It's the same mantra as every week: ball playing forwards like last night, some good shape, a decent kicking game like last night, Barba and Hunt continuing their improvement, and holding the middle.

I hope Hook names the same 17 - the combinations look like they are starting to gel.

As for Kennedy the ex-pillow, it finally looks like the stuffing is all up at one end. We need further improvement from him in the middle against the Burgess boys, and all eyes on Inglis

Last edited:
Two tries from Hunt in one game isn't good enough, it's three this week and 80minutes of handing the Rabbitohs a beating. Turn their forwards around like we did the Bulldogs, wear them down and send the big boys at Inglis hard and fast.

Consistency has been a big problem for this team. It will be interesting how they back it up against the Bunnies. I feel like with a enough confidence we can go on a decent run but a lot needs to go right.

If there is any justice, George Burgess won't be playing next week.

His chicken wing on Matai was disgusting. One of the worst I've seen.

Hey!!! Go easy it isn't his go.

TBH Pete, I can't believe they didn't even look at it. Matai didn't stay down, so I guess it doesn't get any attention. It's probably put Matai out for a while.

I'm hopeful of a win, but not expecting one.

I'm hopeful of a win, but not expecting one.

With this team this year, it seems we all say that about the next game.

Given the Hunt-Barba show last night, and the same decent bench, I'm hopeful of a win, but expecting one too

It will be a much tougher ask than the Dogs, but 41 points goes far beyond just the Dogs being out of form. That was a clinical performance by us and if we can repeat it, we can sure as hell beat Souffs. Give our forwards free reign to offload with Hoffman/Barba lurking around the back, pile the pressure on Reynolds to put him off his game, keep 2 eyes on Inglis and the game is ours.

It is hard what to make of the Rabbits win last night. The SCG is not an easy place to play so the players say. The ground is wide open and the field runs on a slight angle, very hard the first time you play there. While the Rabbits have played there a couple of times there were only 4 Manly players who have played there before. I told my mates in the Paddo that the rabbits would win because of this.
The plus in our favour for next week is Toovey, he is having another big rant at Souths holding down way too long in the ruck. It might help us if the refs decide to have a look at them

I know the Broncs will get out and have a go so I expect a close match

It will be a much tougher ask than the Dogs, but 41 points goes far beyond just the Dogs being out of form. That was a clinical performance by us and if we can repeat it, we can sure as hell beat Souffs. Give our forwards free reign to offload with Hoffman/Barba lurking around the back, pile the pressure on Reynolds to put him off his game, keep 2 eyes on Inglis and the game is ours.

I like your optimism, but that's a lot of if's...

Two tries from Hunt in one game isn't good enough, it's three this week and 80minutes of handing the Rabbitohs a beating. Turn their forwards around like we did the Bulldogs, wear them down and send the big boys at Inglis hard and fast.

I still can't get over the improvement in Hunt's kicking game. He actually looked like he thought about his kicks instead of just hoisting it, and on a number of occasions, he angled his long kicks to place the ball between the winger and FB. That's exactly what is needed v Souths to keep them pinned back.

As well, I don't remember a single 7 tackle freebie. Way to go, and, it also seemed like Barba is warming to his kicking role. His kicks were excellent last night, although I am unsure the number of 4th tackle kicks is such a great idea.

However, making their big boppers work harder than ever by turning them around as much as possible is the way to go.

It would also be good to see some short cross field kicks to Copley mid-field. Seeing Copley with the ball in space is a a real pleasure to watch

I think that kicking early was definitely a part of the game's game plan, to turn those big boppers around and tire them quickly, which is a credit to Griffin, or whomever came up with it. The recipe against souffs should be the same!

I think that kicking early was definitely a part of the game's game plan, to turn those big boppers around and tire them quickly, which is a credit to Griffin, or whomever came up with it. The recipe against souffs should be the same!

I take your point. At least it wasn't on the 3rd tackle.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lozza
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Adammacca
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • davidp
  • Strop
  • kat00
  • broncs30
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.