Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Archer gives that if it is Barba scoring.

Anyhow, should have taken the 2.

Today was the turning point in our season IMO. Pretty good effort when we all thought a big hiding was coming. Dogs got plenty of luck but we also blew several chances.

We weren't that bad.... fmd there were at least 5 penalties we should've been given when we were only two behind. How long do they get to hold down in the tackle ffs?

Plenty of positives to come out of that performance and if we produce that performance we would have won our past 3 games. Just frustrated because I know really what lost us the game was our form and f**king useless Gillett.

Norman at fullback wasn't the answer either but hey, that's Hoffman's fault really.

Just waiting for R26 to happen.

Sorry Pete, go watch the Tapau try, he was beyond woeful ... seems unfit, maybe same issue from ages ago ... who knows, but he is about as threatening as a mouse. Don't get me wrong, he isn't the lone ranger ... just think he has been ordinary of late.

Oink !

Thaiday has been average and I've been outspoken myself.

However, credit where it's due, Sam was among our best today and ignoring that because he failed to prevent Taupau (after Bulla missed the tackle) is stupid.

I'd be inclined to keep Norman at the back at least for the rest of the season, gets involved more than Hoffman at least.

No doubt about it, was a massive improvement again today, just up against a decent side. I predicted honorable loss today, and expect the same again next week. I'm then calling tough win against Manly at brooky, and run riot against Penrith enabling us to go into the finals with some confidence. Lets hope we can make a splash.

Alex Glenn is a massive loss. As is Parker. Hurry back lads so Gillett can go back to the bench.

Cheers
Oink !

We turned up to play today, the effort was there, the attitude was there, the brains were switched on and then we get a few decisions go against us and we drop our heads and then its back to stupid passes, knock ons and extended arm tackle attempts. ****.

We turned up to play today, the effort was there, the attitude was there, the brains were switched on and then we get a few decisions go against us and we drop our heads and then its back to stupid passes, knock ons and extended arm tackle attempts. ****.

Fair enough assessment of today's performance, although I think the Dogs were slightly off their game themselves in the opening 20 mins.

Not trying to take anything away from our boys.......they did start well. We probably should've put on at least another two tries in the first half. When the pendulum started to shift we needed a leader....we needed someone to steady the ship. Thaiday doesn't do that sort of thing well if you ask me. That kind of leadership has to come from your halves

......and we don't have any capable of doing that yet.

Peter Wallace never will. I sincerely believe if we are going to move forward past this rough patch, Hunt has to be moved one in. He has to wear the 7

and we have to stick by him. IMO Hunt is the only one who even remotely shows like is might be capable of organising us as a team.

After today I'd be willing to run with;

1. Norman - I think he'll offer us something more at the back than Hoffman. I can excuse the Barba try. He got a rough bounce.

6. Wallace - I guess we've signed him....... so he may as well play 1st grade. :001_rolleyes:

7. Hunt - Needs to get the early ball....more often. Needs to get the same amount of ball Wallace is getting. Only difference being, Hunt will plan / try something to do with it. Has to work on his kicks and his last tackle options. They were appalling today.

9. McCullough - His game still isn't quite there. He's an improver, but still inconsistent.

If at least 2-3 of these players click....then our attack just might find something again. I'm tipping the spark to come in the form of Hunt and Norman.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.