Round 23 Discussion

Cowboys dropping the ball left, right and centre, but still beating the Titans. Should win this game pretty comfortably IMO.

Yeah, it's a rubbish game but

He isn't, which is why I like him as a fullback (which is the modern running 5/8th in attack).

and you know this how....?

Hardly been given the chance to find out.......

and he defends much better in the front line than at the back, IMO

He has a keen eye to be able to spot a non organizer from fullback. You have to look past the fact that his current position doesn't allow you to organize anything and just go with it Fourex... Apparently

Could you see him shuffling the ball around at first receiver planning in advance throughout his early career, or do you think his coaches would look at his running game, and tell him "just keeping running the ball like a boss"?

Sucks I'm without fox this weekend and only get to watch 1 game and its delayed and full of ads :ranting:

Panthers could do us a big favour today by beating the Warriors, they're in front at half time and look a chance of causing an upset.

I'm super impressed by Josh Mansour on the Panthers left wing, we could really do with a similar player, he's big ,fast, knows where the line is and plays like an extra forward off the line.

And the Panthers come through in a huge upset

Good results for us, but I was kinda hoping Panthers ended up being an easy beat team for the team to take it easy until the final two games. They might still end up that way, but they beat the Warriors, so who knows.

Another good result for us with Melb beating the Knights. It was expected but turned out to be a bit lucky with Cronk somehow being allowed to stay on the field after taking out Boyd in a clear professional foul.

Despite the horrific penalty count against them, it should have been much worse for the Storm. They live a charmed life with the refs.

Will boost Melbourne's confidence winning today despite being slammed in the penalty count and after trailing away from home. I thought Cronk should've been sib-binned.

WTF was going on with Newcastle wetting the ball before kicking off back to the Storm? If the refs see that sort of crap, they need to penalise them, I reckon - don't know what for but surely it's not in the spirit of the game.

Sort of like James Graham lubing up the back of his legs. Kudos to Nate Myles for dealing with that one, by the way.

Last edited:
I agree with Bennett that the refs. need to exercise the sin bin more regularly. No doubt Cronk should have been binned, not only for the contact on Boyd but also on his infringement on one of the Knights backs. It's ridiculous and like Wayne said, this isn't the first time this has happened - the Roosters game was another prime example where the other team kept using illegal spoiling tactics continuously and nothing was done about it.

Dex - I really like Mansour as a prospect too. Didn't have a lot of luck this season with injury but he just looks like a well rounded player. His second try in the corner was special and he'd be one of those players I'd be grooming for Origin.

Speaking of Penrith wingers, how good is Dave Simmons going? 19 tries in 21 games! To me, it just goes to show that you don't need a superstar winger to do a job out there - just a really solid player who can do a job. Similar story with Everingham.

David Simmons is the new Ashley Graham (but should stop scoring so Jennings can top score instead!). He knows his role and does it well, doesn't overplay his hand and just does the things required of him. Mr. Maranta could learn a lot from him.

By the same token though, Josh Hoffman this year has proven how much more value you can get from a position if the guy playing there is crushing it.

To those who saw the Storm game, how did Cronk go overall? I'm hoping he didn't do enough to poll some Dally M votes.

WTF was going on with Newcastle wetting the ball before kicking off back to the Storm? If the refs see that sort of crap, they need to penalise them, I reckon - don't know what for but surely it's not in the spirit of the game..

Didn't a few of the Storm players tell the ref what was happening.

The Knights wet the ball to make it slippery & were hoping the Storm lost the ball. The Knight also water the sidelines to make it harder for the wingers etc.

The NRL should fine them.

He didn't really show it in the NYC when he had the chance. It was always Cornish who was showing more control. Milford was the instinct player who just played what was ahead of him superbly.

If we want to turn him into an organiser then we're going to have to build it from scratch in my opinion.

Lima's tackle was pretty sickening though. I don't care if Watmough sold it to the refs, that kind of stuff needs to be out of the game immediately. Lima has form with that kind of rubbish too.

David Simmons is the new Ashley Graham (but should stop scoring so Jennings can top score instead!). He knows his role and does it well, doesn't overplay his hand and just does the things required of him. Mr. Maranta could learn a lot from him.

By the same token though, Josh Hoffman this year has proven how much more value you can get from a position if the guy playing there is crushing it.

To those who saw the Storm game, how did Cronk go overall? I'm hoping he didn't do enough to poll some Dally M votes.
I didn't watch it but maybe he'll cop a suspension which should kill his dally m voting, I think it's -3 per suspension week.

Active Now

• Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • something
  • Maroon4life
  • Pablo
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • Splinter
  • DrGee
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Maddy
  • broncos4life
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.