Round 24 Discussion

Gagai has some angry in him.

Poor Ray he's been playing well of late. No choice but to send Snowden off

I think some people might have some angry about Gagai playing for Newcastle

The Cowboys season isn't over yet they are finally playing to their potential. Snowden surely will be suspended for that late shoulder charge which helps our chances next Friday. Another good win for the Cowboys and it would give their confidence a boost that they beat a good team.

Was impressed by Ulugia on debut, made some strong runs and came up with a couple of meat pies, front runner to take Graham's spot on the wing I think Bowen can play for another couple of years, he had a great game tonight.

Last edited:
If Ray Thomson has a broken jaw their season just took a massive hit, it's only since they got the 9 sorted out that they started looking like the Cows of old

Just a training run for the Storm really.

That's how many points you're supposed to score against the Eels.

I know Parra are understrength and Melbourne are in form but 50 points and 8 tries after halftime seriously?. That's like Lockyer's debut game, we trailed Parra 14-6 at halftime and pilled up 54 points after halftime, that's pitiful.

Can't believe snowden was sent tbh. It wasn't really even that bad of a shoulder charge, he just got him at the exact worst spot and time. Looked like his jaw was absolutely smashed to pieces.

Hope that's not a precedent though. Although I'd they're going to persist with no shoulder charges then maybe they need to just start sending people for any every shoulder charge. That's the quickest way to stamp it out of the game - instant send off and multi-week suspension.

looks like slater might take that 2nd highest try scorer of all time spot sooner rather than later. Could even make a run for the admittedly distant number 1 if he can get a few more hat tricks.

Last edited:
Imagine the score if Storm had clicked from the start...

Snowden send off was a good decision.

How was it a good decision? He didn't do a sonny bill style one, he didn't jump into it either. He basically just waltzed up and put his shoulder forward. As far as shoulder charges go, it was pretty tame. To me it seems that the ref took the extent of the injury into account, which should play no part in it.

Attacking the head of a player and breaking their jaw would be sent no matter what you made contact with providing it was deemed deliberate and it was, he didn't have to turn into him like that.

Lol no. Just no. That was not a deliberate hit to the head. Again, breaking someone's jaw has no bearing on being sent or not.

Send off everyday of the week.

Wasn't the most brutal thing i've seen but he still hit him late and high with a shoulder charge shattering his jaw. Fair send off

Hypothetical - what if Thompson just got up and played the ball unhurt, do you still think he should be sent off? If not, then it is not a fair send off. The injury sustained, if any, has no bearing on if a player is sent off or not.

seriously, its like some of you guys have lost your mind. I hate Newcastle more than any of you, guaranteed, but even I think they were way too harshly treated. Lets not forget that teo charged out of the line, jumped, and went swinging arm shoulder first into a players head, put him in a world of hurt, and stayed on the field. Inglis did it last year too, in essentially the same way as Snowden but with much more ferocity. Again, stayed on the field. Maybe they're just making an example of him, trying to show its not acceptable anymore. I highly doubt it though. Next shoulder charge that's worse than that, and lets face it many are, will just be a penalty and maybe a weeks suspension. If the judiciary had an unpleasant dinner and are in a bad mood.

2 offences in the one hit. Head high shoulder charge. Only one person apart from Snowden didn't think it was a send off and it's you.

Even if he didn't get injured Snowden deserved to be sent off.

IMO: It was deliberate shoulder charge, did he mean to hurt him who knows.

Snowden is a grubby player.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • armchair
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Volvo Driver
  • westy316
  • broncos4life
  • RodF
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.