Round 24 Discussion

Warriors played like wooden spooners tonight, injuries didn't help but they turned the ball over constantly either through loose carries or rubbish plays. I think the Cowboys will go down to the Bulldogs at Belmore next week. They won't get their usual home ground calls and the entire Bulldogs team will be fired up to keep their top 4 spot.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be concerned facing the Cowboys in the finals this year.

Warriors played like wooden spooners tonight, injuries didn't help but they turned the ball over constantly either through loose carries or rubbish plays. I think the Cowboys will go down to the Bulldogs at Belmore next week. They won't get their usual home ground calls and the entire Bulldogs team will be fired up to keep their top 4 spot.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be concerned facing the Cowboys in the finals this year.

I dunno...Cowboys actually have a quality team. Bulldogs are one of the worst top 4 sides in years.I think the Cowboys will win easily. And it's becoming apparent that Hoppoate has such horrific positioning skills that if Ben Hunt could dominate him with his kicking game, then Thurston will easily do it too. In fact the entire Bulldogs spine is the worst in the top 8 by a considerable margin.

Last edited:
Raiders really missing Josh Hodgson. Eels leading 10-0 after 13 minutes.

Yeah, Raiders looking pretty ordinary so far in this match.

Last edited:
Got flashbacks of a Gidley-Tahu try with that try to Lee. Croker is playing a great captains knock.

8 straight wins and now the Raiders have secured their first top 4 spot since 2003

[MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] C'mon mate are you going to give Stuart some credit now?

Raiders have done well but it must be said that when the draw was first released, they looked to have the easiest draw by far of any team this year. Fair play to them for taking advantage of it.

Last edited:
8 straight wins and now the Raiders have secured their first top 4 spot since 2003

@Morkel C'mon mate are you going to give Stuart some credit now?

Yeah [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] admit to Roosterman that Stuart trained the Raiders to make it look like they pass it a metre forward and somehow it actually goes backwards! It's amazing.

The top 8 sure has announced itself this round, with 6 of them so far winning comfortably against teams in the bottom half of the ladder (Broncos-Bulldogs was the only match between two top 8 teams this round).

Titans v Panthers will be interesting next week; a Titans win will confirm the top 8, while a Titans loss will quite likely see them miss out.

I see a massive rabbitohs upset tomorrow night

I am hoping that upset will be in Round 26.

We need 3 upsets.

We need to beat Storm. We need Titans to beat Cowboys and Rabbitohs to beat Bulldogs after Bulldogs lose to the Cowboys.

That's how we make the top 4.

Last edited:
Remember the last team Ricky "built" into a Top 4 side?

Remember how they ended up?

Morkel remembers and we're all just waiting for the other foot to drop.

We need 3 upsets.

We need to beat Storm. We need Titans to beat Cowboys and Rabbitohs to beat Bulldogs after Bulldogs lose to the Cowboys.

I can see the Dogs dropping both. Kasiano being out is a big blow to their chances.

Cowboys have stuttered a little but I think they regained some stability this week. Despite playing at Bellmore, they have the advantage over the Dogs everywhere bar their pack which is pretty much on par.

Rabbitohs seem to be putting it together finally. Only playing for pride now so they won't be afraid to take chances in attack. If Reynolds brings his kicking game, they'll have the Dogs running on fumes.

I'm not sold on our chances against Melbourne. They may have been less than convincing lately but we are still below our best and they just have our number. An upset is possible and would be tremendous in terms of momentum and ladder position but it's a big ask.

@Morkel C'mon mate are you going to give Stuart some credit now?

O94qJ.gif

We need 3 upsets.

I would love for this to happen but I just cant see it

We don't need to make the top four, we'll be fine, have timed our run to perfection.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Alec
  • MrMoore
  • johnyE
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.