Round 24 - Panthers vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
28-12 Panthers

Disappointing finish to a disappointing season.

Boy Hunt played shit tonight, maybe we were too quick to jump the gun on him being the answer to our problems.. 6) Prince 7) Milford anyone?

What's there to say?

Already complained about Griffin and the defence enough.

McCullough is ordinary 95% of the time. The other 5% is when he has good games and you think he might have finally turned it around.

Hunt is promising, but still has a long way to go. I think we'll find ourselves lost in attack quite a bit next year without Prince, when things aren't going well.

Tasi has been a terrible buy.

Thaiday is a bench player these days.

McCullough was an epic FAIL tonight. Who cares how many tackles he's done. His high tackle count is a result of his poor options from dummy half and stupid penalties he conceded. Hopefully we will see the end of him. He was taught dummy half lesson by a second string hooker.

Thaiday showed zero leadership.

The halves had no creativity.

The good news though is that hopefully Griffin gets sacked as he has proven once again he has no strategy against any decent teams. Yes we have won 4 in a row but they were all against worse teams than us.

Its about time we as fans expressed our disgust with the Broncos management team. Their email addresses are anthonyg@broncos.com.au, andrewg@broncos.com.au and paulw@broncos.com.au

They need to hear it from the fans. Our management team suck big balls.

Boy Hunt played **** tonight, maybe we were too quick to jump the gun on him being the answer to our problems.. 6) Prince 7) Milford anyone?
Worst post of the year. As I said in the live thread without Hunt we score 0. It was our defence & the refs that lost us that game.

Boy Hunt played **** tonight, maybe we were too quick to jump the gun on him being the answer to our problems.. 6) Prince 7) Milford anyone?
No.... Prince needs to go he's a speed bump and teams automatically get momentum when they run it at him

A handful of games in the 7 during a tough season and you write him off?

I've been one of his biggest supporters ever since he came into the side on the bench, but I mean, how many chances does one person get? It's similar to Khawaja in the Australian cricket team, everyone knows he has a good technique and potential to be a good player, but he doesn't perform often enough to warrant selection every game.. I haven't writen him off, but I certainly aint expecting miracles from him next season.

I've been one of his biggest supporters ever since he came into the side on the bench, but I mean, how many chances does one person get? It's similar to Khawaja in the Australian cricket team, everyone knows he has a good technique and potential to be a good player, but he doesn't perform often enough to warrant selection every game.. I haven't writen him off, but I certainly aint expecting miracles from him next season.
No one performed tonight, he was never going to save us off his own back tonight.

Worst post of the year. As I said in the live thread without Hunt we score 0. It was our defence & the refs that lost us that game.

Tell me how the refs cost us the game. it wasn't the refs holding the panthers down all day. It wasn't the refs that couldn't mark the dummy half.

We were ordinary and the coach, captain and Hunt are too blame. The only positive was Maguire, Stagg, Oates and Hoffman.

I still don't understand these constant calls for Milford to play in the halves. Has he even started an NRL game playing the position?

As much as you and I disagree with Griffin's coaching methods, there is no way he will be sacked. The mail is that the players support him and the board support him.

Kevvie, please come back!

No one performed tonight, he was never going to save us off his own back tonight.
So true. He created the space for our only points. Forwards were terrible tonight. Credit must go to Cleary for a great game plan. Pretty much took McCullough, Parker & McGuire out of the game.

McCullough was an epic FAIL tonight. Who cares how many tackles he's done. His high tackle count is a result of his poor options from dummy half and stupid penalties he conceded. Hopefully we will see the end of him. He was taught dummy half lesson by a second string hooker.

It blows my mind how often he passes to the exact opposite direction we need the ball to go. I mean even if he wasn't thinking, it still should be a 50/50 chance. Does he think he's being clever by going the other way?

Active Now

• Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • MrMoore
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • RodF
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.