PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange the way you perceive the world around you.
Like Kennedy. You simply could not get something more wrong!
You say an 'error every carry', that he looks like making an error. What's his error rate for 2021?

.25 That's one error every four games. 16 games 4 errors.
There's 331 players in the NRL who are worse.

You say "looks like collecting a guy high every tackle".
So, you think penalties are an issue?

What does his season disciplinary record look like?
Oh, here it is. .38
That's point three eight.
One penalty every three games. Thereabouts.
RK is fifth in the team for penalties against With Lodge Isaako, Gamble, Flegler all worse offenders. In fact Kennedy isn't even in the top 100 nrl players unlike the previous four.

Hardly a wild and unpredictable animal.
RK seldom makes an error and rarely
gives a penalty away. Stone cold facts. Stats don't lie. Sometimes.
The direct opposite to your statements.
Well, sometimes I would prefer RK gave away penalty or 6-again rather than give the opposition a 20m+ line break, which has happened in the past 3 games, I believe.

Tyson Frizell will be rested from tomorrows game. Jack Johns will start in his place

FINAL TEAM LIST

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Selwyn Cobbo
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Mudfrog
7. Albert Kelly
8. Ethan Bullemor
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington
14. Cory Paix
15. David Mead
16. Rhys Kennedy
17. TC Robati

Reserve: Brodie Croft, Jesse Arthars
Out: Jamayne Isaako, Danny Levi

Isaako and Levi have been omitted from the extended bench

I'd really struggle with this one if i was a coach. Part of me wants the team to go out and play as they have been and really work hard and get into the arm wrestle and lock in the progress weve made this past 2 months.

On the other hand, its a nothing dead rubber game and i kinda wanna see them throw caution to the wind and just play some footy. Give them a licence to through the ball and play unstructured footy and see what happens. Play a different breed of football and you never know you could unearth a style if football that really suits these guys.

I'll be happy to get through this one with no injuries and a competitive game. With no rep games post season, we should have a really good long break and come back fresh for pre season. Realistically we should nearly probably have everyone back training prior to Christmas this year.

It's strange the way you perceive the world around you.
Like Kennedy. You simply could not get something more wrong!
You say an 'error every carry', that he looks like making an error. What's his error rate for 2021?

.25 That's one error every four games. 16 games 4 errors.
There's 331 players in the NRL who are worse.

You say "looks like collecting a guy high every tackle".
So, you think penalties are an issue?

What does his season disciplinary record look like?
Oh, here it is. .38
That's point three eight.
One penalty every three games. Thereabouts.
RK is fifth in the team for penalties against With Lodge Isaako, Gamble, Flegler all worse offenders. In fact Kennedy isn't even in the top 100 nrl players unlike the previous four.

Hardly a wild and unpredictable animal.
RK seldom makes an error and rarely
gives a penalty away. Stone cold facts. Stats don't lie. Sometimes.
The direct opposite to your statements.

You don't need to write paragraph after paragraph, just tell me Rhys Kennedy is your long lost son and we can all move on with it

Well, sometimes I would prefer RK gave away penalty or 6-again rather than give the opposition a 20m+ line break, which has happened in the past 3 games, I believe.
Yes, of course that's what you 'believe' because it supports your view. The fact it didn't happen is actually important.

It's not true that sometimes you'd prefer RK, or any player gave away 6 agains and penalties, no. You'd simply just call them fucking useless, dumb ***** etc. The problem lays with the unnoticed and therefore unappreciated good work that RK does. You simply don't see it or process it, it doesn't stick.
You don't need to write paragraph after paragraph, just tell me Rhys Kennedy is your long lost son and we can all move on with it
I suppose when you're young this would seem like a clever reply.

Yes, of course that's what you 'believe' because it supports your view. The fact it didn't happen is actually important.

It's not true that sometimes you'd prefer RK, or any player gave away 6 agains and penalties, no. You'd simply just call them fucking useless, dumb ***** etc. The problem lays with the unnoticed and therefore unappreciated good work that RK does. You simply don't see it or process it, it doesn't stick.
I suppose when you're young this would seem like a clever reply.
uh, no. I have literally seen him let Tedesco make a line-break through him 40-something meters out that ultimately led to a try (tackled 8m from the try line, Mead "strip" penalty that nearly could have been a sin bin) . I have literally seen Aidan Tolman do it 2 min into the second half last week. I watched Walsh beat him at marker (which isn't the same as him being called out in the last two examples) at the 28:40 min mark against Warriors. I wrote "believe" because I remember him being involved in 3 line breaks in three weeks, but was unsure of the circumstances.

I am not taking away from the good things he does. I expect them of a pro-footballer, but those two first examples saw RK literally stand with his hands above his head and allowed a player to run through the line. I do appreciate his work, and there is a saying in Germany "nicht geschimpft ist Lob genug" - no criticism is praise enough - and I think for the most part, that is typical in sports.

Honestly, I get that you like him, and I think he could be a good player, but I will criticise him because I want to see him improve. I want him to be smarter as a footballer, and I also take this opportunity to point out that in some cases (e.g., not attempting a tackle in the first place), the missed tackle stat does "lie", similarly, sometimes giving away a penalty and having that as a stat can actually be a good thing. The numbers don't lie, per se, but they can be misleading without context.

No offense, but sometimes being overly defensive of a player can be just as detrimental to their success and development. Furthermore, I am biased by my opinions on some matters (i.e. my views on the NRL and its agenda as a business and not a truly fair competition), but in this case I was not saying it simply because it supports my view. I said it because it actually happened and I was unsure as to the exact details of his involvement in the three linebreaks he was involved in letting go.

uh, no. I have literally seen him let Tedesco make a line-break through him 40-something meters out that ultimately led to a try (tackled 8m from the try line, Mead "strip" penalty that nearly could have been a sin bin) . I have literally seen Aidan Tolman do it 2 min into the second half last week. I watched Walsh beat him at marker (which isn't the same as him being called out in the last two examples) at the 28:40 min mark against Warriors. I wrote "believe" because I remember him being involved in 3 line breaks in three weeks, but was unsure of the circumstances.

I am not taking away from the good things he does. I expect them of a pro-footballer, but those two first examples saw RK literally stand with his hands above his head and allowed a player to run through the line. I do appreciate his work, and there is a saying in Germany "nicht geschimpft ist Lob genug" - no criticism is praise enough - and I think for the most part, that is typical in sports.

Honestly, I get that you like him, and I think he could be a good player, but I will criticise him because I want to see him improve. I want him to be smarter as a footballer, and I also take this opportunity to point out that in some cases (e.g., not attempting a tackle in the first place), the missed tackle stat does "lie", similarly, sometimes giving away a penalty and having that as a stat can actually be a good thing. The numbers don't lie, per se, but they can be misleading without context.

No offense, but sometimes being overly defensive of a player can be just as detrimental to their success and development. Furthermore, I am biased by my opinions on some matters (i.e. my views on the NRL and its agenda as a business and not a truly fair competition), but in this case I was not saying it simply because it supports my view. I said it because it actually happened and I was unsure as to the exact details of his involvement in the three linebreaks he was involved in letting go.
Sometimes writing ANYTHING AT ALL , no matter how brief, correct or succinct still draws the criticism that I'm being over the top with my support.

What pisses me is talentless bums with no ability slagging off players who are actually so highly dedicated that they've made playing nrl a reality...and done so without being highly talented.

Posters on here that scream when a player is caught offside at the ptb, quite often as a result of the tackled player stepping forward off the mark the defender has somehow done something wrong. Players get called offside in every set of six yet when one of the worlds best players, famous for jumping in to dummy half when one or no markers are present beats a 6:7" bench prop it's seen as 'evidence' to support some cockamamie theory. It' pure bullshit.

What others don't see is RKs efforts, his average workman efforts. Last game he came up with a bell ringer cover tackle, silence. He also made three, possibly four tackles in a row at one stage, not a word said. Just some bullshit theory about him being a defensive and offensive liability. We have others with vastly inferior records. Two weeks in a row Flegler's high shots and six agains have cost us matches.

Sometimes writing ANYTHING AT ALL , no matter how brief, correct or succinct still draws the criticism that I'm being over the top with my support.

What pisses me is talentless bums with no ability slagging off players who are actually so highly dedicated that they've made playing nrl a reality...and done so without being highly talented.

Posters on here that scream when a player is caught offside at the ptb, quite often as a result of the tackled player stepping forward off the mark the defender has somehow done something wrong. Players get called offside in every set of six yet when one of the worlds best players, famous for jumping in to dummy half when one or no markers are present beats a 6:7" bench prop it's seen as 'evidence' to support some cockamamie theory. It' pure bullshit.

What others don't see is RKs efforts, his average workman efforts. Last game he came up with a bell ringer cover tackle, silence. He also made three, possibly four tackles in a row at one stage, not a word said. Just some bullshit theory about him being a defensive and offensive liability. We have others with vastly inferior records. Two weeks in a row Flegler's high shots and six agains have cost us matches.
Yeah, I think you suffer from people knowing which of your buttons to push, brother.

I did notice RKs nice cover tackle, but unfortunately, most athletes are only as good as their last mistake , because mistakes are glaring. I actually like RK, but have noticed him more for errors lately, and some weak runs with the ball. Tbf, as I said, it's kinda more that we expect decent work out of him, so we're not going to celebrate it, unless it is spectacular, because he is a prop, but by gosh we will get shitty when he's the one making a mistake.

Flegler gets called up a lot here. But he is more dynamic than RK. RK is a toiler. Like Staggs, he goes in and does his job and it's generally good and honestly should be praised, but this is a game of entertainment, and the firebrands will be noticed far more. Flegler just has had bigger plays and that is where we benchmark him. RK is like good bread, you take it for granted and don't really seek it out, until one day you're like, **** good bread is tasty and way better than that white wonderbread.

Honestly, I was only pointing out that the moments I mentioned earlier were glaring for Kennedy and that they happened three weeks in a row is worrying. I just wanted to say that he should be aware that sometimes it's better to give away 6-again 40+m out than allow a 20+m line break, which actually increases the chances of giving away a 6-again later in the set in a more dangerous field position. I would have criticised any player who did what RK did. It was unfortunately RK each time in these cases.

I'm the same way with Turps @Huge

But I just ignore-ban the people who constantly bag him 😂

And I also don't argue endlessly with anyone page after page every week when they do bag him, or still if no one acknowledges the things he does well. Not trying to quell discussion, and while I agree with some of the RK criticisms (the conceded linebreaks), knowing you'll react will cause people to go looking for things to bait you into another argument.

Re my boy Turpin: He's aware he hasn't been playing what he believes is his best football from an attacking standpoint, and I agree, and I've always thought he's best playing 55-60 minutes with a Paix/Levi sub, at least in the current game and team.

What I'm waiting to see is how he goes with two halves that know what they're doing on every play in Gamble and Reynolds. A hand from the refs actually having team back 10m would be nice too. Some people still forget he's only played 34 games at hooker. He played most of 2019 in the halves and only 4 games last year under the new rules and will have only played his first 'full' season at hooker this year

A home game in which they are fare welling three significant members of their squad against a side sitting out five regular members of their lineup can only lead to one result.

Let's not forget that even with those five players present, Newcastle are still pretty ordinary. There is only one possible outcome today. Anything less would be a tragedy. Broncos by 10.

A home game in which they are fare welling three significant members of their squad against a side sitting out five regular members of their lineup can only lead to one result.

Let's not forget that even with those five players present, Newcastle are still pretty ordinary. There is only one possible outcome today. Anything less would be a tragedy. Broncos by 10.
The only result fitting for those players is a last minute loss caused by a referee making a shit call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.