POST GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

If he doesn’t improve next year I’d be looking at Cobbo/Herbie for the remainder of the year.

Niu is bad at all the same things Isaako was bad at.
Isaako was bad at kick returns, line penetration, ball playing, catching, short kicking, defensive organisation, tackling and general effort. Nui is only bad at a few of those things.

CM

ScreenScreenshot 2021 09 06 at 16 02 16 NRL Tackle The Broncos 100kg monster Latrell clone

"The Storm will get Coates an AFL marking coach next season and he will not drop a ball in 2022. Fact."

What an amazingly stupid thing to say. Does the moron watch any AFL??
They drop the ball all the time, and what's more, they don't care. They just blow the whistle and call it a mark anyway.
If you want to learn how to catch a ball, AFL is the last place you'd go to learn.
If you want to learn how to jump high on the back of another player, sure AFL is your go to sport, but Coates already knows how to do that.
You’re taking the piss, surely?

Re all the assessments of Niu, are we forgetting or not giving enough weight to how old he is. He only turned 20 in late August. I think he has time on his side to develop those skills and his abilities as a fullback. Comparing him to much older and fully developed fullbacks is not a fair comparison in my view. It is a matter of whether we have the patience to let him develop and whether we do that whilst he is in first grade (and live with the inevitable mistakes) or send him back to lower grades to do that.

I've been pretty critical of Niu for obvious reasons. He has some good in his game but the bad is really bad and I'd think it would take a massive turn around in those areas for him to be our long term fullback. I just don't think he has what it takes to take his game to the next level. Happy to give him a run next year behind Reynolds to see how he goes but if he doesn't show decent improvement in the areas that he struggles with, I'd be looking elsewhere.
Sadly some of the things Nui lacks you can't just go out and practice in the park its the stuff you have pretty much as soon as you pick a footy up in the junior's. The urgency, the will to win every single battle.. Tyson Gamble didn't go out and practice that in the park he's been that way since I met him when he was in primary school.
You either have it or you dont and we are yet to see that from Tesi.
Not saying he won't be great player he just needs to get the things he's good at ALOT better to hide those things he may not have.

Sadly some of the things Nui lacks you can't just go out and practice in the park its the stuff you have pretty much as soon as you pick a footy up in the junior's. The urgency, the will to win every single battle.. Tyson Gamble didn't go out and practice that in the park he's been that way since I met him when he was in primary school.
You either have it or you dont and we are yet to see that from Tesi.
Not saying he won't be great player he just needs to get the things he's good at ALOT better to hide those things he may not have.
You know for sure Gamble had that at twenty do you? Not saying that Tesi will get those things but “not being able to learn the will to win” is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. Things you can’t ‘learn’ are height, speed to an extent etc. not things that are purely mentality.

You know for sure Gamble had that at twenty do you? Not saying that Tesi will get those things but “not being able to learn the will to win” is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. Things you can’t ‘learn’ are height, speed to an extent etc. not things that are purely mentality.
Didn't say he doesn't have it he just hasn't shown that he's got it.
And how do you learn it? What do you do on the training paddock to practice it?
Its a mentality thing yes some have it some don't, some find it in them some don't. You can't just coach it into someone or learn it.

Went back wards off Coates . Then ... bounced forward .
I agree with you but it turns out that the try should have been disallowed anyway due to the "downtown" rule ... just watched Annesley's review and he's totally correct ... everyone missed it.

Re all the assessments of Niu, are we forgetting or not giving enough weight to how old he is. He only turned 20 in late August. I think he has time on his side to develop those skills and his abilities as a fullback. Comparing him to much older and fully developed fullbacks is not a fair comparison in my view. It is a matter of whether we have the patience to let him develop and whether we do that whilst he is in first grade (and live with the inevitable mistakes) or send him back to lower grades to do that.
We cannot allow for age if we cannot consider other factors like how much we pay for a player and what value we expect to extract.

No, on this site we must only judge onfield performances and we must disregard all other considerations. Nui was mostly shit. Get rid of him.

I agree with you but it turns out that the try should have been disallowed anyway due to the "downtown" rule ... just watched Annesley's review and he's totally correct ... everyone missed it.

even if that's the case, this just squares us from the try awarded in the first match when Isaako was bear hugged by the Knights player and stopped from preventing a try.

hell, i actually think their first try was from a forward pass. it appears as Ponga passes the ball on the 10m line and it was caught about 8m out

We cannot allow for age if we cannot consider other factors like how much we pay for a player and what value we expect to extract.

No, on this site we must only judge onfield performances and we must disregard all other considerations. Nui was mostly shit. Get rid of him.
My well developed spidey sense tells me we aren't talking about Niu but perhaps another player in a different position????

My well developed spidey sense tells me we aren't talking about Niu but perhaps another player in a different position????
Clever. Of course you're on the money! That said I agree about Nui, he's a kid and given time he may develop into a top flight nrl player. I just get a bit pissed at people not understanding that things aren't always black and white.

In Nui's case it's likely he'll improve with experience. In the other case people don't realise the player in question was playing under duress, he has had to deal with a painful and debilitating lower back injury but played on after the loss of TPJ and Lodge. Like Nui he had a good but not great season.

Clever. Of course you're on the money! That said I agree about Nui, he's a kid and given time he may develop into a top flight nrl player. I just get a bit pissed at people not understanding that things aren't always black and white.

In Nui's case it's likely he'll improve with experience. In the other case people don't realise the player in question was playing under duress, he has had to deal with a painful and debilitating lower back injury but played on after the loss of TPJ and Lodge. Like Nui he had a good but not great season.
Nui and Kedenny

Thank **** the seasons over or we would’ve been rorted the next game.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.