Round 25 - Broncos vs Dragons - Live Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillett just said that the ref said "SORRY" to him when he came back on from the sin bin

Gillett got an apology when he came back on from one of the refs rofl

I hope griffin goes spastic at the press conference. he won't get a better chance

Hook looked fired up in the box. I've never seen any emotion from him before.

Poor Maranta, we've just replaced one ball hog with another. I hope Bennett can sort Copley's defense and vision as he's been good for us and is/was our lead try scorer.

Last edited:
I'm glad Broncos won, but I'm a little disappointed as well.

They just can't play 80 against sides that are in form. It's frustrating. That second half never should have happened..

They just can't play 80 against sides that are in form. It's frustrating. That second half never should have happened..

Yes and no, the game was still very much reachable for the Dragons, the flow of the game meant that a slight shift in momentum could be enough to get a side back into the contest, in the modern game putting on 3-4 tries isn't that hard, even more so when the ref hands you it on a platter with a call that allows you to play against 12 men in defence for 10 minutes. I do agree we do struggle to play 80 minutes consistently but on this occasion I don't think it's quite the same.

It took Brisbane a little bit to regain their composure even after Gillette came back on. Thankfully they did.

Did you notice the outrageous sin bin, followed by a knock on try, followed by a forward pass try, all handed over to the dragqueens on a silver platter by the **** in pink?

I know it's all ifs and buts, but I have no doubt we'd probably have put 40 on the fucking red V, if it wasn't for those 10 minutes of pink cummings madness!

How the hell wasn't Maranta penalised for tackling Beale in the air ?

My memory of the game is a little foggy because I was there, but I remember the ball bouncing first?

If so, that's why.

Mid-air tackles are legal in 2 ways.

1. The attacking player is tackled mid-air.
2. If the ball bounces first. The mid-air tackle rule only applies when the player from the non-kicking team catches the ball on the full.

Last edited:
Yeah I believe the ref said it was because the ball had bounced.
You can't just jump into the air to avoid getting tackled.

Correct that is what the referee indicated and it's the right call, you can tackle a player in that situation because it is not deemed dangerous and really it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • ostin86
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • Broncos Maestro
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.