Round 25 Discussion

interesting to see how the bulldogs shape up after tonight ... A Manly or a Melbourne you wouldn't bat an eyelid but the dogs don't have a lot of guys who've done the business at this end of a season ... They've the Roosters next week who'll probably have one foot in the bar for mad monday .. I'd have thought a really tough grinding win down there in freezing Canberra would've been the icing on the cake for that group .. but then again their last couple of matches suggested a let down was on tonight ...

interesting to see how the bulldogs shape up after tonight ... A Manly or a Melbourne you wouldn't bat an eyelid but the dogs don't have a lot of guys who've done the business at this end of a season ... They've the Roosters next week who'll probably have one foot in the bar for mad monday .. I'd have thought a really tough grinding win down there in freezing Canberra would've been the icing on the cake for that group .. but then again their last couple of matches suggested a let down was on tonight ...

I agree. If tonight was a bit of a rest for them they are fools. The game next week would have been a much better game to do it regardless of it being one week off the finals. Having said that I doubt Des told them to ease up.

Storm rested Slater and Smith last year against the Roosters and got flogged by about 40.

And looked absolutely flat come finals.

Then again, Manly virtually did the same thing (they were suspended...but c'mon) and stepped it up.

2/2 mofos! I'm no hope of winning my comp though.

I nearly went with tipping the worst possible outcome for the Broncos (ie, Broncos lose, Raiders, Tigers, Titans, Knights win) but in the end I went against the Raiders and Knights. I regrets it now.

I did tip Manly though, so 1/2.

Dont know why but I have that feeling Newcastle will upset the Cows tonight. Maybe it's because they got them at Dairy Farmers last year.

Titans are playing Penrith into form, hoping winning 3 in a row is too much for them.

Highlight of the night for me was when Greg Alexander said the fire alarm at wollongong was because the Dragons hit over 20 points.

3/5 Doubt any of my close rivals have 4 or even 5 it hasn't been a simple round to tip by any means!

So Wayne bennetts missed the finals. I must say, I'm very happy lol. Everyone basically had pencilled in the knights for the premiership because of him, and they've gone from finalists last year with a worse lineup to missing the finals even with him throwing the chequebook around.

3/5

The Cowboys inability to put the Knights away put my tip under threat but thankfully the Knights kept turning it over.

Cows will be satisfied with that performance, backing up from a Monday against a side fighting for their season they never really gave them a sniff in the second. Difficult to assess how they'll go in September but they've got my support if the Broncos fail to front.

So Wayne bennetts missed the finals. I must say, I'm very happy lol. Everyone basically had pencilled in the knights for the premiership because of him, and they've gone from finalists last year with a worse lineup to missing the finals even with him throwing the chequebook around.

Told you it wasn't as easy as you made it out to be. :001_tt2:

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.