May 21, 2013
NRL - Round 3
Saturday, 19th of March, 2016

Penrith Panthers 23
defeat
Brisbane Broncos 22

Unbelievably bad defensive effort.

Second phase play absolutely killed us.

Dreadful second half. Parker looked old and tired, Blair didn't seem to play many minutes, Offa didn't get even get on the field.

Strange old game.

Roberts wayward pass leading to the momentum changing second half try was a big factor. Kid just ran like a girl all second half. Needs a spell out of first grade.

Hunt absolute shocker. Reed and Glenn really poor as well.

Extremely disappointing second half, quite embarrassing to watch. We looked really unfit out there, everyone was absolutely exhausted on our side of the field, whilst the Panthers players all looked fresh.

Probably doesn't help that for whatever reason Bennett decided to use the old Griffin tactic of letting Ofahengaue rot on the bench, we really could've used him for that last 20 minutes..

We just stopped our second phase play after the Panthers scored before half time and they carried on with it. Very disappointed but we always needed to lose one just to ground us again.

Why Buy Roberts and not work out a way to get him quality ball and space.

3. Milford
2. McGuire
1. Eden

Eden just because he caught bombs. Nobody else even came close to earning a point.

Part of me is glad we lost that one and didn't get a last minute escape. Panthers came out to play in the second half, we came out looking for the bus home.

Roberts wayward pass leading to the momentum changing second half try was a big factor.

Agreed, and Hunt then chip kicking at the end of the set was the clincher. Broncos didn't even get past the 40m line after that. Hope he gets a rocket from the coach.

Well that was puss. That is what I was talking about when I said we weren't going that well. Lack of respect for the opposition and very wasteful with the try scoring opportunities we had in the first half. The less said about the second half the better. On that form we are going to get our arse handed to us next weekend.

I knew we were going to be in trouble when we were up 4-0 in the penalty count. Poor defensive effort, but we couldn't buy a decision in the last 30 odd minutes

i honestly dont mind loosing this time of the year but god i hate loosing against wooden spoon quality side just damages our brand that was a poor loss against a poor team

Hunt is really out of form, don't know what is going on with him.

That was the worst half of football we've played under Bennett... Props to Penrith for there fight there... We won't win em all... Hopefully this is the rocket we needed leading into next week...

Really?

I could think of a few that were worse..

Like Manly late last year..

Parker was injured in the tackle leading to our first try. Third man in diving at the legs below the knees then he grabs at the knee. I wouldn't be surprised to see out next week.

Reed lost the momentum for us with that retarded play trying to bat the ball back instead of catching it and Boyd not committing to the ball on the ground twice which led to tries. All signs that we lost focus when things were going our way.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncs30
  • Spoon
  • HarryAllan7
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • phoenix
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.