Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rather than a sin bin time penalty, play it like ice hockey and send a player off like ice hockey (a change of possession or score). It lets the ref be more strict without changing the nature of a game.
I think also the time has come to recognise the reluctance of refs to use the send off rule. It decides the match and therefore is almost never used. When used, it invariably ruins the game as a contest. For this reason, id allow the sent off player to be substituted, and therefore crack down on fowl play.

I'm not sure that would work. Players could still give away penalties to save a try and if they end up scoring next set he comes straight back on with no damage done, but if they don't score while he's off for 10 then he's saved the team with no harm done.

There's nothing that can be done at the moment as it seems the NRL is trying to manufacture classic games at all costs. If a team is shit and going to get flogged they shouldn't be helped by the ref to get back into the game. It's total bullshit and blatant fixing of the comp.

If someone actually investigated it the NRL would be in huge trouble legally for effectively fixing games

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
New? I rather liked what we did in '15 and build on that. Why re-invent the wheel?
Nothing wrong with 2015... just referring to reports of a new attacking plan implemented by J.D.
The guys apparently a bit of a genius with attacking strategy so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the likes of Milford at his disposal.
2015 was mental, hadn't seen footy like that for years... Then 2016 nearly killed me. So I'm hoping J.D gets us firing again.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nothing wrong with 2015... just referring to reports of a new attacking plan implemented by J.D.
The guys apparently a bit of a genius with attacking strategy so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the likes of Milford at his disposal.
2015 was mental, hadn't seen footy like that for years... Then 2016 nearly killed me. So I'm hoping J.D gets us firing again.

2015 was mental wasn't it, in more ways than one. The players really looked like they were having fun both with the ball, and in defence. Then we got all serious in 2016 and lost it, too much thinking about it, not enough feeling, intuition and fun with the ball.

As I see it, that's a big part of JD's job

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
2015 was mental wasn't it, in more ways than one. The players really looked like they were having fun both with the ball, and in defence. Then we got all serious in 2016 and lost it, too much thinking about it, not enough feeling, intuition and fun with the ball.

As I see it, that's a big part of JD's job

That's why Walters brought to the table. Fun environment and attacking tactics to suit. I get the feeling that really bothers Bennett which is why he isn't going out of his way to get Walters back. Shame really that egos do funny things.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
We just ain't moving the ball around enough and not using our centers.
We haven't really had a chance to free our arm this year, We have played in very tight games this year so far

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Melbourne got away with far too much. Almost every single tackle had a component of subtle head contact and holding the tackled players head as he tried for a quick play the ball. We could have easily won that game, but did not really deserve to.

We could learn a few things from the storm in the way they attacked. Hard running and clever purposeful passing. Cronk is still the best organising half in the comp. Their cheating in the ruck aside , their defence was also the best we have come up against this year.

I still think we will win more then we loose this year. Moga is still a great prospect , but I would like to see him try and run better lines and run harder on to the ball (like Will Chambers)

Fowards are going OK but will need to find some offloads soon. I think Sims will be good for us , just needs to tidy up his game bit.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Thaiday is fighting his charge.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Why the hell could Melbourne not produce this rubbish against us last week? Three sets three knock ons.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • Brotherdu
  • barker
  • porouian
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.