Round 4 Discussion

That a terrible end to a 7 tackle set.

Pearce really is average in pressure games.

Horrendous round. Just give the Sombreros the trophy now and send the rest of the spuds back to the off season.

giphy.gif

Impressive retreat

Haha right. Here is me thinking I was having a drink with friends and watching the Knights game when I was actually retreating from something.FFS

@Tom all you have to is read through ssf ome posts on anything Storm and you will have your answer.

Ponga's passes for both the Knights tries were so good.

Ben Hunt is so glad Norman is taking the clutch shots

Rubbish. Text book example of milking .
Finucane stops before the line , Jackson kept moving forward with zero intention of making that tackle.
I don't particularly have an issue if that is going to be the standard but these clowns will have a similar one and award the try.

Finucane stops in the line. Ball isn't quite received on the outside shoulder.

That's been no try for the past couple of years now. These types of situations happen quite often, 9 times out of 10 they are knocked back. The other time you get a video ref that actually shows discretion and common sense.

Finucane stops in the line. Ball isn't quite received on the outside shoulder.

That's been no try for the past couple of years now. These types of situations happen quite often, 9 times out of 10 they are knocked back. The other time you get a video ref that actually shows discretion and common sense.

I dont agree mate. Neither did any of the fox commentators.
He milked it IMO

Last edited:
I dont agree mate. Neither did any of the fox commentators.
He milked it IMO

He did milk it, but that doesn't make any difference. Finucane cannot do what he did. Decoy runners have to keep going until they are clear of the defensive line. That's the standard for obstructions now and it's been that way for a few years. Players have even admitted to milking it, but it makes no difference. The onus is on the decoy runners to ensure they are clear of the defensive line.

Until the NRL amends the rules to start punishing defending players that milk contact for a penalty, then it's going to continue to be no try.

Half time interview in the Knights vs Dragons game...

Some choice of words from Megan Barnard..

Haha right. Here is me thinking I was having a drink with friends and watching the Knights game when I was actually retreating from something.FFS

@Tom all you have to is read through ssf ome posts on anything Storm and you will have your answer.

Yes I understand that there's hate, I just happen to think it's warranted. Not over the top at all.

He did milk it, but that doesn't make any difference. Finucane cannot do what he did. Decoy runners have to keep going until they are clear of the defensive line. That's the standard for obstructions now and it's been that way for a few years. Players have even admitted to milking it, but it makes no difference. The onus is on the decoy runners to ensure they are clear of the defensive line.

Until the NRL amends the rules to start punishing defending players that milk contact for a penalty, then it's going to continue to be no try.

Can't wait to see the version of the game when all out milking and diving gets rewarded , it should make great viewing.

I get your point of view but I lean towards the view that when a player very obviously gives up on the play he should not get rewarded for it.

0:42
and
1:53

What a gun. Yeah, he's still young and has some problems to his game, but his vision and passing skills from fullback are the best I've seen since Lockyer, probably higher than Hunt's and Hayne's.

2nd try especially, more than just summing up the numbers, he creates that.

0:42
and
1:53

What a gun. Yeah, he's still young and has some problems to his game, but his vision and passing skills from fullback are the best I've seen since Lockyer, probably higher than Hunt's and Hayne's.

2nd try especially, more than just summing up the numbers, he creates that.

Absolutely stunning what he can do at such a young age. Broncs need to throw the cheque book and Melbourne’s second book at him.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.