Round 4 - Dragons v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Just an added thought on Barba, I seem to remember Barba getting another twist/ hit on his tender ankle during round 1. I think he will come good.

i think he definitely showed what he was capable of during parts against the dogs, but yeah vaguely remember him limping bit after a knock. i agree i think he will step his game up.

not saying I'm 'realistic' as all of you like to say 'facts aren't welcome around here'

Actually facts are welcome here, particularly when they are provided in a balanced fashion which for the majority of posters here have been so far this season, not an agenda driven one.

Hear me out, you don't have to cammac but it's just a suggestion. Perhaps people would be more receptive to your discussions if you provided a more balanced argument, it doesn't mean you can't criticise or be positive, all I'm saying is if the majority of what you post is slanted towards the negative or positive then you can't complain that people may see you that way.

Last edited:
Actually facts are welcome here, particularly when they are provided in a balanced fashion which for the majority of posters here have been so far this season, not an agenda driven one.

Hear me out, you don't have to cammac but it's just a suggestion. Perhaps people would be more receptive to your discussions if you provided a more balanced argument, it doesn't mean you can't criticise or be positive, all I'm saying is if the majority of what you post is slanted towards the negative or positive then you can't complain that people may see you that way.

don't get me wrong i can't totally understand i give off that vibe. but I'm as loyal a broncos fan as the next, believe it or not. I'm just not going to be all fanboy and fellate everyone.

cammac said:
I'm just not going to be all fanboy and fellate everyone.

What are you basing this on? Specific examples, otherwise it's just blatant bait and I'm sick of threads being derailed.

Everybody else, keep the discussion Broncos/Dragons related.

don't get me wrong i can't totally understand i give off that vibe. but I'm as loyal a broncos fan as the next, believe it or not. I'm just not going to be all fanboy and fellate everyone.

I can't speak for everyone here mate, criticise where you feel is warranted, all I ask is to provide balance with it, be positive in area's you think deserve to be, I'm not asking you to be a blind fan boy who will defend the side to the ends of the earth, that's no better then someone who's just out to complain about everything, I certainly haven't held back from my share of putting the boot in, but I won't hold back in the things I like too, it's called balance.

Anyway enough on this subject, back to the post game discussion.

Last edited:
One area I think we need to improve is completing the sets after a try is scored, 2 times tonight we nearly knocked on from the kick return in goal, can't afford to give teams sniffs back into the game.

I can't speak for everyone here mate, criticise where you feel is warranted, all I ask is to provide balance with it, be positive in area's you think deserve to be, I'm not asking you to be a blind fan boy who will defend the side to the ends of the earth, that's no better then someone who's just out to complain about everything, I certainly haven't held back from my share of putting the boot in, but I won't hold back in the things I like too, it's called balance.

Anyway enough on this subject, back to the post game discussion.

i will take that on board and try to balance out my opinions.

How good did Widdop play! Him and the Dragons wingers are going to have a good year. Really rubs it in that we didn't get him. He looked dangerous all night. And I'm glad Barba can still give something to the team whilst injured. He worried the opposition every time he got the ball.

How good did Widdop play! Him and the Dragons wingers are going to have a good year. Really rubs it in that we didn't get him. He looked dangerous all night. And I'm glad Barba can still give something to the team whilst injured. He worried the opposition every time he got the ball.

although Milford is going to be a far better player than Widdop (if he's not already) and if we had signed him, we most likely (IMO) wouldn't have chased Milford (that is assuming the massive Raiders offer doesn't tempt him to backflip)

Really think we are improving every game, getting more fluent our attack which is awesome, Andrew johns said pre game that broncos will lose because they can't cross for tries as easy as st George...........6 (another bombed) to 4 take that johns!

thaiday and macca are just amazing this year real credit to their off season. If thaiday isn't chasing down wingers he's scoring tries, Love what he said to Brett finch about his try 'yeah got the ball 40 metres out bust a few tackles.' I'm sure that's how he saw it, Parker is next to him just laughing

Only concern, jack reed. Got outplayed by his opposite centre which is a concern I mean Farrell isn't anything special although he did have a great game. Reed is not sliding in defence well at all, half of our missed tackles were his and his attack looks well covered by opposition. Tad worrying

i really do think people are getting carried away. 2012 we were 7-1 from the first 8 rounds, then look how we fizzled out.

hey [MENTION=8345]cammac[/MENTION] how you doing?

when was the last time you actually enjoyed a broncos win?

clearly it was pre 2012...

what exactly is your problem?

we were 'meant' to be 1 and 3 atm and we're 3 and 1...

The Nightingale try was definitely a no try.

I had a closer look at it frame-by-frame. He planted the ball before the line and then made a second effort.

and surprise surprise the commentators barely mentioned it ... and Locky probably didn't want to appear to biased, although he did say "we" at least once tonight.

when i saw the try i immediately thought it was a double movement, but when i saw it in slow-mo, i was sure of it

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.