POST GAME Round 4 - Roosters vs Broncos

Mate.........move on from your every post being about bashing Seibold and kissing King Bennett's butt.....its starting to get rather old.

Someone commented on the squad. It's a fair comment. And obvious really.

To be a bit positive on last nights game, we easily could have had 4 additional tries scored. Bird and shiba bombed 2 certain ones. Staggs easily would score his try on another night and I’m sure Oates could have scored as well from that pass that was out of his reach. So if these plays stuck we could have had 30 points.

This is very true. A bit of perspective again, we were playing the reigning premiers who managed to blow the Storm away in the GF. The true scoreline last night should have been something like 30-20. That was with us dishing up utter poo and the Roosters playing quit well.

We are a young side with a weak spine who have shown inconsistency.

It is too early to be going into panic mode. Judge how we are going after 10-12 rounds. We were always going to struggle with the draw we had in the first 4 weeks.

Stay the course, give them some time.

Agree, he can yell all he likes, but this bunch of prima donnas think they're safe, they won't start fecking playing until there's genuine knowledge that they'll do time in the QCup (Isaako) or be moved out of their coveted positions (Boyd).

I'd put Dearden on the bench and bring him on at the 20 min mark in each half when I'd move Nikko back to hooker and bench Macca, Boyd goes to the wing where he can do less damage, with Bird at fullback so Staggs can play centre. Isaako gets the hell out of the team. Carrigan also needs to come in, don't really care who we drop for him as long as it isn't Lodge or Fifita.
Yuck, so many mid game key position changes.

Just read somewhere that

- we only made 7 interchanges
- Fafita didn’t get a go until the 2nd half

If these are true, than Seibs needs to explain.

Seibold doesn't need to explain anything. The team just needs to do better and start winning.

I love the positive posts but you have to examine all sides if we are going down what could have been.
IF we didn't miss those tackles, IF the Roosters had held the ball in certain situations etc etc.
Bottom line, we were not in the contest last night.

The biggest problem for me is the lack of effort or pride. Our captain is leading the way in this area.
**** me, he reminds me of Bryce Cartwright the way he almost jumps out the way.

He is out of excuses and chances IMO. We get nothing from him but poor example. Barring a miracle it's safe to assume he won't improve.

Last edited:
Seibold doesn't need to explain anything. The team just needs to do better and start winning.

To the contrary, I’m a massive fan of Seibs, but when your forwards are struggling and you don’t

1/ interchange players to adapt to the game that you clearly are losing

2/ leave a forward on the bench until the 2nd half, again when you clearly need an injection of energy

3/ not use up all your interchanges.

deserves an explanation

Holy hell that's bad.

Another one that got me fired up was the mid- field grubber that Keary regathered. Boyd made no attempt to get to the ball, and then no attempt to put any pressure on Keary. Instead he pulled up 10m short of the play and watched while Keary had all the time in the world to put in a second kick for his outside men.
That’s the problem, fullback is such an effort position, you need to actually try and make a tackle, try and get to a kick etc and if there’s one thing Boyd fucking doesn’t have it’s the ability to try. Laziest **** out.

To the contrary, I’m a massive fan of Seibs, but when your forwards are struggling and you don’t

1/ interchange players to adapt to the game that you clearly are losing

2/ leave a forward on the bench until the 2nd half, again when you clearly need an injection of energy

3/ not use up all your interchanges.

deserves an explanation

That’s hard to do with last nights game when every forward was gassed from all the defence.

Darius when beaten for class and speed.................

Upload 2019 4 5 10 15 53

giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.

That’s pretty pathetic he didn’t even try to help his boys out there. Yes the initial missed tackle is what’s at fault but it’s as though he punishes missed tackles by conceding tries.

I agree with most of you on here, that changes need to be made etc. But, there's a fine line with how we handle that because dropping players is well and good but at the same time we don't want to create disharmony within the squad.

A player gets dropped and he might be filthy rather than work harder, his attitude may drop even further and become bitter and the next thing you know, his mates in the team are bitter and frustrated that he's been dropped and it snowballs from there. This has to be handled properly and we have to think long term. The confidence and attitude of this team stinks already, we don't want to make it worse.

Bennett was the greatest at this stuff, man managing and dealing with team attitude etc but he's gone now so it's a massive challenge in Seibolds 2nd year as nrl coach.

On last night's performance, I really can't say anything new. You guys have nailed it. As fans, we need to stick together and ride this out. We were deplorable last night. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. At times, I couldn't believe what I was watching, it was a nightmare pure and simple.

As for next weeks game, do we win? At the moment, honestly, I could care less. They'll win and the week after lose? This team is dreadful and aren't for real so until I see a real hunger and desire and change in attitude, I won't invest my feelings into these blokes. Why should we? They don't care so why should we? I obviously want them to win but we are a VERY LONG way from even being a top 8 team atm and just can't stand to witness the Broncos legacy get tarnished by these blokes.

There really isn’t a worse fullback in the comp than Boyd at the moment, that says a lot...and he’s captain.

One standout positive from last night - Staggs handled Mitchell very well.

He was giving away significant height and weight, but has a tonne more heart.

Get that kid in the 13 every week. Somewhere, anywhere.

He and Bird play every game like they have a point to prove - I just wish it would rub off on our captain.

Last edited:

Active Now

• theshed
  • Gaz
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.