Round 6 Discussion

LOL it was absolutely bonkers with the Burgess try but it would've been a highlight reel for the ages if the Brooks try was awarded instead.

And that is why reversing points after the fact is a stupid idea. the Tigers are gonna be livid after that
Whether he blows a try or goes to the video ref the way they did before would make no difference to how I would feel if I were a Tigers fan.

If anything I enjoyed the theatre of it more as a neutral because of the change.

Souths really should have been playing with 12 men for the rest of the game. What Mitchell did right before he made contact with David, that should have been a send off.

As for the new system where refs award tries and the bunker reviews. I actually don't mind it.

For this game I want a really scrappy raiders win.

A raiders blow out or an easy win to raiders will make the flat track bully eels pissed heading into next week.

A dominating win by the eels will give them over confidence heading into next week (which is what a flat track bully likes).

A scrappy win to the eels gives them a bit of confidence heading into next week.

A scrappy loss has them questioning things though

that's why awarding the try and only then check is complete BS ...
Is the rule actually to award if you have a try and refer if you dont... or is it at the discretion of the ref as to whether they go to the vid ref, but they have a safety net if they **** up a call

On the whole rorting the system with the new rules and getting in on the act like Melbourne do, anyone got any thoughts on if my below idea would work?

Everytime the opposition puts a high ball up and our players jump to take the ball, when returning to the ground knock the ball on/ throw it over the sideline or anything to stop play allowing us to challenge the call.

You then challenge the call saying you're tackled in the air. Reason been i would argue when slowed down to frame by frame, the large majority of tackles on a player jumping to take the ball are technically tackled in the air. If you look at most of them i think contact is made before the guy taking the ball touches the ground. Most times it may only be a frame so a portion of a second before they touch the ground. But its still counts as tackled in the air. They only need to lay a finger on them before they hit the ground. You take the penalty and boot yourself 30 meters down field.

Its an absolute dog act and makes a mockery of the system. But i reckon is 100 % something Melbourne would do.

Souths really should have been playing with 12 men for the rest of the game. What Mitchell did right before he made contact with David, that should have been a send off.

As for the new system where refs award tries and the bunker reviews. I actually don't mind it.
Neither do I and even if the old system was in place Sutton would have ruled it the same way. Yes, there's going to be an adjustment period but every try ought to be reviewed just to get rid of those clangers and make sure we're not wasting time going upstairs just to be safe.

The Fox commentators were blowing up but I liked that they knocked the Keppie try back. That's one of those tries that would have been given any other year because 'it doesn't matter'.

On the whole rorting the system with the new rules and getting in on the act like Melbourne do, anyone got any thoughts on if my below idea would work?

Everytime the opposition puts a high ball up and our players jump to take the ball, when returning to the ground knock the ball on/ throw it over the sideline or anything to stop play allowing us to challenge the call.

You then challenge the call saying you're tackled in the air. Reason been i would argue when slowed down to frame by frame, the large majority of tackles on a player jumping to take the ball are technically tackled in the air. If you look at most of them i think contact is made before the guy taking the ball touches the ground. Most times it may only be a frame so a portion of a second before they touch the ground. But its still counts as tackled in the air. They only need to lay a finger on them before they hit the ground. You take the penalty and boot yourself 30 meters down field.

Its an absolute dog act and makes a mockery of the system. But i reckon is 100 % something Melbourne would do.
It's too much of a lottery. Even the Oates example against Penrith I could see the video referee taking one look saying that Staines had eyes for the football and Oates initiated contact with him. Challenge unsuccessful and may V'landys have mercy on your souls.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.