Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Our spine has been shit for years, we've just been ignoring cause we made the finals year in year out. But we never seemed like winning or even a force after 2015.

1. Boyd needs a bullet. Seriously I wouldnt shed a tear if he does an ACL. Hasnt been the same since 2016, and Bennett in his infinite wisdom thougt it be a great idea to sign on for a long term deal.

6. Milf. He shows signs, he just needs a 7 to take the pressure of his game so he can play a natural 6.

7. Nik. I actually like Nik, he always looks dangerous with ball but hes too much like Milf. Couldnt organise a meal at maccaz. 14 on the bench

9. Mac. well Mac, Ive always said we'll never win a prem with him at 9

Our season is done.

Hello 2020?

What's going to change next season? Boyd, Milf, and Macca are here for the long term. We're absolutely fucked unless Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, Flegler, TPJ (if we keep him), Lodge, Su'a all hit their theoretical ceilings at once and we sign a HB of some description to steer the side around for our million dollar half.

In the time being, put Milford back to FB and pray that he can regain his form of years past.

EDIT: I'm in favour of making whole sale changes in the off season but we all know that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
I actually thought Macca wasn’t too bad today.

I thought his running game was his best in a long time and I've always liked long kicking, I wish he used it more. I just feel his service out of dummy half is a massive issue, and imo he's too far into his career for it to improve overnight. His passes are just too slow, it's like he's throwing floaters.

Milford needs a halves partner that will allow him to play second receiver. He is so much better when he is allowed to play wider of the ruck, but he just isn't able to with Nikorima as his halves partner.
100%

What's going to change next season? Boyd, Milf, and Macca are here for the long term. We're absolutely fucked unless Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, Flegler, TPJ (if we keep him), Lodge, Su'a all hit their theoretical ceilings at once and we sign a HB of some description to steer the side around for our million dollar half.

In the time being, put Milford back to FB and pray that he can regain his form of years past.

EDIT: I'm in favour of making whole sale changes in the off season but we all know that's not going to happen.

Well this is Seebs test. Tell Boyd to **** off.

Boys did well to stay in it as they looked gone at halftime. But despite having the lead briefly, they never looked like winning it and Canb were always going to do enough to win it. This really has a 2013-2014 feel to it, they are competing in most games but don't have the skill nor the desire to come out on top.

As for Canberra, despite their 5-1 start, they are certainly not one of the title contenders and I envision them fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot come Aug/Sept. Sadly, the Broncos won't be in that position.

I think unfortunately we played well enough in parts for Seibold to justify not dropping/moving anyone next week.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. This is why we still have Macca. He always plays within his limited ability so his sheer underwhelmingness never smacks you in the face.

Milford is NOT a fullback.

There is really no troops to fix our spine issues.

Seibold isnt to blame until now, he is at a point where Knik needs to go to 9 and they need to pull a rabbit our of QLD cup to steer the team around and just do basic shit. Next week we have both Lodge and TPJ back, this is enough to bolster up the middle to allow Knik to play hooker.

We have to remember Boyd, Macca, Knik and Milf are all signed for at least 2 more years.

Boys did well to stay in it as they looked gone at halftime. But despite having the lead briefly, they never looked like winning it and Canb were always going to do enough to win it. This really has a 2013-2014 feel to it, they are competing in most games but don't have the skill nor the desire to come out on top.

As for Canberra, despite their 5-1 start, they are certainly not one of the title contenders and I envision them fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot come Aug/Sept. Sadly, the Broncos won't be in that position.

Sadly, I agree.

Soft tries through shithouse tackling and bad refereeing cost us this game.

My initial take on this game is that Isaako needs to be dropped. For mine, he lets in a try a game by coming in off his wing. His poor defensive reads are costing us. Staggs to wing. Maybe I'm wrong but that dodgy 40-20 ought to have been right on Isaako's radar. Wasn't he metres in-field instead of following the flight of the ball - it led to a try.

Bird needs detention - tackling practice, with Haas running at him constantly.

Offa for mine offers very little - prefer Carrigan who should be starting. He really looks the goods as does Haas. First class performance. Also, as someone else posted, Seibold plays too many back rowers.

I thought Macca played a lot better, and also, as someone else posted, Milford needs to chase his own kicks and try a bit of variety instead of those constant bombs.

Anyway, for mine, the side is on the improve, and the refereeing in this game was atrocious as others have pointed out.

Milford needs a halves partner that will allow him to play second receiver. He is so much better when he is allowed to play wider of the ruck, but he just isn't able to with Nikorima as his halves partner.

Unfortunately we could have Luke Keary or DCE and they would still be receiving passes off the ground and not at their chest

I actually thought Macca wasn’t too bad today.

Except his passes were once again extremely slow and mostly just one out passes. He needs to throw long passes off the ground with some velocity. Currently he picks it up, goes for a little stroll and then throws a looping pass in slow motion. By the time it gets to the intended target, the defenders are already standing on top of the receiver. All the better hookers in the game, they can get the ball from point A to point B quickly, which gets the ball a good 40 meters away from the ruck in as little as two passes. This allows for quick shifts from one side of the field to the other. With McCullough, and our halves for that matter, that can't happen.

I couldn't agree more but the fat wankers arrogance won't allow him. We should all stand out the front of red hill & burn our jerseys. As supporters we deserve more.

@bb_gun

This is pretty bad isn’t it?

What? Some dude wants to burn his broncos jersey on sacred ground. That's truly awful man. We should probably fold as a club, right?

He’s written off the season. Get him.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.