Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Keep Milford at six and we definitely will not make the eight. I know he is capable of making some could plays there but really he is just not capable of maintaining a full eighty minutes of NRL standard halves play. Yet everybody seems to be blaming Knick , who in my opinion is a genuine 7 o 6. He is a more dangerous runner then Milford and a far superior passer of the foot ball. Every team is awake to Milford's jinking runs and he rarelly makes a decent break anymore. He sbould be moved to fullback and Boyd probably should just retire now. Whatever happened to those slick backline plays that saw Boyd sending Oates over in tbe corner?

Last edited:
Keep Milford at six and we definitely will not make the eight. I know he is capable of making some could plays there but really he is just not capable of maintaining a full eighty minutes of NRL standard halves play. Yet everybody seems to be blaming Knick , who in my opinion is a genuine 7 o 6. He is a more dangerous runner then Milford and a far superior passer of the foot ball. Every team is awake to Milford's jinking runs and he rarelly makes a decent break anymore. He sbould be moved to fullback and Boyd probably should just retire now. Whatever happened to those slick backline plays that saw Boyd sending Oates over in tbe corner?

These days he is too busy flapping his arms like a duck in the general direction of the ref

I've gotta say, the biggest disappointment so far this season hasn't been Boyd, or McCullough, or Milford.. It's Isaako.

Wtf happened to him? He was so confident and absolutely lethal last year, incredible footwork, fearless under the high ball, etc. This year he is quite literally playing like a Maranta who can kick goals, as @Cult3 called him last season, potentially correctly..

From what Seibold said in the press conference it sounds like flicking McGuire and Kahu was more of the club's decision than his. The club wants to go in a new direction, which is fine, but we still possess the key contributors to our lack of success. So the club has gone half way with their total rebuild or they think that keeping Macca, Boyd, and Gillett around until the kids 'mature' is a good idea. What they don't understand is that eventually a parasitic club will come sniffing when our kids start to truly hit their straps and snap them up one by one whilst we're stuck paying close to 2 mil to our ever-faltering vets. Case in point: TPJ (although not our jr we put the work into developing him).

EDIT: all we seem to do this century is produce quality players for other clubs. Just look at the amount of ex-Broncos running around in the NRL. For example, we should have been allowed to have matched the Drags' Hunt offer without the full amount going on the cap; there's no incentive to produce talent.

Yeah I think I'm starting to identify the issue that we have, and it is very similar to that of the Panthers. Both the Broncos and Panthers spend a lot of money on developing younger players. In the 90s and 2000s, the Broncos would have good juniors who would stick around on little money because it was 'The Broncos' and learn their trade under the main squad. This is when the whole 'Baby Broncos' phrase came about. The issue now that we are facing is that we are spending a lot of money k eeping these juniors (Haas, Fifita, TPJ etc.) so that other clubs don't poach them. The only issue is, we have them for a few years, they play some first grade, and then another club comes in and takes them from us on an offer we simply can't match. I.E. Wallace, Taylor, Arrow in the past couple of years. If you look at other regular first graders who were broncos juniors/ played for the broncos the list is a mile long. Granville, Kahu, McGuire, Korbin Sims, Ashton Sims (superleage now), Tariq Sims, Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Ese'Ese, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Jai Arrow, Dale Copley, Dane Gagai, Corey Allan, Francis Molo and probably others.

This strategy of building up youth has failed the panthers too where they are about 10 years in to a 5 year plan and still no closer to a premiership. The teams who have paid big on players potential are the teams who are under performing. Knights, Broncos, Titans, Panthers and Parra are all guilty of this.

After listening to seibolds press conference it was concerning to hear him say this is the direction the club is going. Juniors aren't the answer because when they hit their peak in their mid 20s, they are off contract and leave.

I've gotta say, the biggest disappointment so far this season hasn't been Boyd, or McCullough, or Milford.. It's Isaako.

Wtf happened to him? He was so confident and absolutely lethal last year, incredible footwork, fearless under the high ball, etc. This year he is quite literally playing like a Maranta who can kick goals, as @Cult3 called him last season, potentially correctly..
I honestly think having a kid ruined him... Some players step up after having a child, others don't This year Nikorima, Oates, Milford and Isaako all have relative newborns. No coincidence that they are all underperforming. Lack of sleep etc i imagine.

I think his goal kicking and that try against the roosters covered up his incompetence as a winger. He’s always out of position and I never felt confident with him catching a high ball. His post contact metres and speed don’t seem to be much better than that of maranta. He too has also signed a long term contract though.

Yeah I think I'm starting to identify the issue that we have, and it is very similar to that of the Panthers. Both the Broncos and Panthers spend a lot of money on developing younger players. In the 90s and 2000s, the Broncos would have good juniors who would stick around on little money because it was 'The Broncos' and learn their trade under the main squad. This is when the whole 'Baby Broncos' phrase came about. The issue now that we are facing is that we are spending a lot of money k eeping these juniors (Haas, Fifita, TPJ etc.) so that other clubs don't poach them. The only issue is, we have them for a few years, they play some first grade, and then another club comes in and takes them from us on an offer we simply can't match. I.E. Wallace, Taylor, Arrow in the past couple of years. If you look at other regular first graders who were broncos juniors/ played for the broncos the list is a mile long. Granville, Kahu, McGuire, Korbin Sims, Ashton Sims (superleage now), Tariq Sims, Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Ese'Ese, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Jai Arrow, Dale Copley, Dane Gagai, Corey Allan, Francis Molo and probably others.

This strategy of building up youth has failed the panthers too where they are about 10 years in to a 5 year plan and still no closer to a premiership. The teams who have paid big on players potential are the teams who are under performing. Knights, Broncos, Titans, Panthers and Parra are all guilty of this.

After listening to seibolds press conference it was concerning to hear him say this is the direction the club is going. Juniors aren't the answer because when they hit their peak in their mid 20s, they are off contract and leave.

Another similarity between the broncos and panthers is over-investing in bog average coaches

Last edited:
With Isaako, I think we were just happy to have someone who looked gun at kicking goals. I'm not sure what his percentage is this year, but surely it must have fallen to middle of the road?

With Isaako, I think we were just happy to have someone who looked gun at kicking goals. I'm not sure what his percentage is this year, but surely it must have fallen to middle of the road?

Mid 70’s I think

Another similarity between the broncos and panthers is over-investing in bog average coaches
I do think the coaching has been poor. Some very questionable use of the bench etc. and also not changing the spine when it really does need it.

But if you have a look at our team, we have some of the best juniors all signed.

I mean imagine this.

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Sua
13. TPJ
BENCH: Carrigan, Flegler, Tannah Boyd, Offa

That team could be bloody exceptional in 5 years when majority will be 24-28 years old. Will we still have those players? **** no. Because they will all be on bigger money somewhere else by then.

Will we ever see that team play together? Maybe something similar-ish in 2-3 years, but at the end of that season, a co uple will be gone.

He has been calling seibold a hack since last year. It’s the only thing he talks about actually. If Milford knocks on, it’s seibold fault. If tpj misses a game because his grandma died, it’s seibolds fault.
Alright you motherfucker, well played, well played indeed [emoji846]

Weren't we going with black Maranta?

Black Maranta, lmao.

I think he said Maranta who can kick, but I like Black Maranta better, let's roll with that from now on.

Shut up Anthony Seibold. The team you're picking is pathetic and their performances have been pathetic. We can be mad if we want. Imagine if you didnt put effort in at work for a month fucking straight. You'd be sacked.
Fair point but I'm not Anthony Seibold, merely a defender of his. And a defender of the team, the Brisbane Broncos, who I'll support until I die. Go ahead and be mad, I hope it brings you some solace. I'm going to just chill and pray for a better result next week. I hope you don't get too overworked in between our next win.

The 'good teams' and their players and coaches have been together for some time.

We've had our spine together for some time too. Its not like the inability of our spine to create plays can be put down to just having a new coach. They were not getting the job done last year either under a coach who they had been with for some time too.

I’ve backed the team every week mate and much to my dismay my read on the coach was 100% spot on.
Broncos 1988-1991. International-laden squad disappointing year after year.

I'm not saying seibold is the answer or not but ffs 6 weeks hasn't proved you right. 1 year wouldn't prove you right, we aren't fucking parramatta. Have some fucking patience, your comments are so boring and repetitive. At least have some constructive criticism rather then the same shit every week where you act like you have somehow won by the broncos losing, living in some fantasy land where we would have won a premiership this year if we kept Bennett and the last 4 years we didn't go backwards. Who are our worst performers this year? The same shit players who Bennett picked week after week for 4 fucking years, that's who. They have been performing like or very close to this for years, but now we don't have the experience around them to hide it, it's that simple. A lot of the calls that need to be made were obvious last year but can't be made 6 weeks into a new coaches tenure

Broncos 1988-1991. International-laden squad disappointing year after year.

I'm not saying seibold is the answer or not but ffs 6 weeks hasn't proved you right. 1 year wouldn't prove you right, we aren't fucking parramatta. Have some fucking patience, your comments are so boring and repetitive. At least have some constructive criticism rather then the same shit every week where you act like you have somehow won by the broncos losing, living in some fantasy land where we would have won a premiership this year if we kept Bennett and the last 4 years we didn't go backwards. Who are our worst performers this year? The same shit players who Bennett picked week after week for 4 fucking years, that's who. They have been performing like or very close to this for years, but now we don't have the experience around them to hide it, it's that simple. A lot of the calls that need to be made were obvious last year but can't be made 6 weeks into a new coaches tenure

Bennett rewarded those players with retirement contracts.... oopsy.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrslong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Skathen
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Spooky1013
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.