Round 7 Discussion

More Kent bullshit on how good Souths are. wild to think that we should be on the same points on sat night. Carn boys..

What the **** is going on with Cleary's head. Dude is a mongoloid between that forehead and that chin.

More Kent bullshit on how good Souths are. wild to think that we should be on the same points on sat night. Carn boys..
Souths will easily make the playoffs but wouldn't be a title threat at the present time. But they do have the master coach and a couple X factor players so that might change down the track. Penrith really look the goods atm, they are quite strong all over the park.

So the Latrell send off is the only bit of Ref consistency so far.

Classic Wayne at the press conference, in and out in 80 seconds.

You have to give the man credit, he is really good at both sending a message to his team about being crap and deflecting the criticism on the team from the media.

Classic Wayne at the press conference, in and out in 80 seconds.

You have to give the man credit, he is really good at both sending a message to his team about being crap and deflecting the criticism on the team from the media.

Not to mention a genius at signing deadwood to massive contracts and crippling his former clubs for years, the bloke can do it all.

Not to mention a genius at signing deadwood to massive contracts and crippling his former clubs for years, the bloke can do it all.

Well somehow it works for him, he doesn't have to pay the bills............and people keep wanting to give him cheques.

It's always easy to spend other peoples money, if you want results put the recruitment team on bonus for player performance and watch the deadwood burn. Then you can cut their wages so the bonus means more and since coach, CEO, CFO and all associated are in that space, bam wage saving at the club for trainers and other useful staff. Or more free Maccas.

BTW did Mitchell cry in his early shower last night?

Last edited:
It's always easy to spend other peoples money, if you want results put the recruitment team on bonus for player performance and watch the deadwood burn. Then you can cut their wages so the bonus means more and since coach, CEO, CFO and all associated are in that space, bam wage saving at the club for trainers and other useful staff. Or more free Maccas.

BTW did Mitchell cry in his early shower last night?
It's not the worst idea to have the recruitment staff receive bonuses for performance based results... but I would suggest the entire football department be on some form of performance based results.

You don't really want recruitment and retention to be solely thinking bonuses based on origins, Australia reps, etc. because they may go hell for leather to try and retain guys that are guaranteed rep jerseys at inflated prices (the cap isn't moving).

It's difficult to identify who's to blame for the current mess that is our salary cap, but to me the r&r team should be looking to implement the coach's philosophy in regards to players moving in and out.

If the coach can't work with a player, but the r&r team sign him up anyway there's no way that helps the team.

I think Seibold has either been given a mandate to work with the young guys coming through and build a sustainable team for mid to long term success OR he has looked at the young guys and thought they are already better than the experienced players... I don't think it's the latter as the culling began pretty early into the 2019 season.

The real question of the coach (other than onfield performance) is whether he can identify the real talents in the juniors and have a vision on what the team makeup will be in a few years time... with that comes the decisions on which ones to let go just as much as which ones to retain.

Who are the Gerard Beale's, Dunamis Lui's and Dale Copley's compared to the JYY's and Josh McGuire's.

Last edited:
It's not the worst idea to have the recruitment staff receive bonuses for performance based results... but I would suggest the entire football department be on some form of performance based results.

You don't really want recruitment and retention to be solely thinking bonuses based on origins, Australia reps, etc. because they may go hell for leather to try and retain guys that are guaranteed rep jerseys at inflated prices (the cap isn't moving).

It's difficult to identify who's to blame for the current mess that is our salary cap, but to me the r&r team should be looking to implement the coach's philosophy in regards to players moving in and out.

If the coach can't work with a player, but the r&r team sign him up anyway there's no way that helps the team.

I think Seibold has either been given a mandate to work with the young guys coming through and build a sustainable team for mid to long term success OR he has looked at the young guys and thought they are already better than the experienced players... I don't think it's the latter as the culling began pretty early into the 2019 season.

The real question of the coach (other than onfield performance) is whether he can identify the real talents in the juniors and have a vision on what the team makeup will be in a few years time... with that comes the decisions on which ones to let go just as much as which ones to retain.

Who are the Gerard Beale's, Dunamis Lui's and Dale Copley's compared to the JYY's and Josh McGuire's.
Getting results based on Origin/Rep/Resale value, is not the performance standards I was thinking about. I was more interested in Broncos performance on field than off, and the bonus thinking was based around getting hungry young players on to the field and performing rather than getting overpaid talent like L. Mitchell to take a paycheck. I take your point and I didn't phrase it that well.

Credit to Ivan for what he has done at the Panthers.

I thought they would go backwards after Maloney left but they're looking like a genuine premiership threat with Nathan guiding the side and Luai just playing eyes up footy. Koroisau is one of the signings of the season without question and even the fullback is starting to come into his own.

For me the biggest improvement however is Yeo. I've never thought much of him but the move to lock has been a masterstroke. The bloke has a seriously impressive engine and consistently rolls up the sleeves and gets his work done. No thrills player but he's the kind of bloke teammates must love.

Last edited:
Interesting that Ivan basically said post-game that Mansour could've played, was just rested to give Naden a run because there's no other footy being played. Almost like it's going to be a rotation policy a la the Australian cricket team of old.

Wouldn't be surprised if other teams start doing the same, resting a veteran every other week to give someone else a go who's itching for a game of footy. No real downside for teams sitting comfortably in the top 8. Keep your old boys well rested, get some minutes into the legs of your young guys who you made need to call upon if there's an injury / suspension.

Interesting that Ivan basically said post-game that Mansour could've played, was just rested to give Naden a run because there's no other footy being played. Almost like it's going to be a rotation policy a la the Australian cricket team of old.

Wouldn't be surprised if other teams start doing the same, resting a veteran every other week to give someone else a go who's itching for a game of footy. No real downside for teams sitting comfortably in the top 8. Keep your old boys well rested, get some minutes into the legs of your young guys who you made need to call upon if there's an injury / suspension.
My God do you mean the dreaded rotation policy that NSWRL were blowing up about a couple weeks back when the Broncos mentioned it??

You must be wrong because if they did rotate him out the media (aka "conduit to the people") would've informed me to be rightly worried about what this means to the integrity of the sport... the very fabric of the game that this jeopardizes!

Surely it was a different policy... maybe a resting policy... but I will wait for the media to tell me how I should feel about this new phenomenon in the game

The truly interesting thing is that this is exactly what Seibold said he was planning to do for those reasons and was royally panned by the media for it. In fact you could argue it is what he is doing with Nui and Dearden yet the media reaction to that is very different. I'm not a Seibs fan but stuff like this shows the inherent bias of the media.

The Roosters seem to have been rotating their players all year - each game they have had someone out; Cordner, JWH, Taukeiaho, Tedesco. Hasn't hurt them at all.

The Roosters seem to have been rotating their players all year - each game they have had someone out; Cordner, JWH, Taukeiaho, Tedesco. Hasn't hurt them at all.

Well it cost them early on, they've made up for lost time, we'll see if they can maintain that come finals.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.