PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Child Smile GIF
just hyped up for this round Daughter vs Mother and she knows her team doesn't have a chance up against her daughters powerhouse of horses

All our stars back.... what could possibly go wrong???

I'm concerned that Kevvie has another brain dead moment and keeps Baker in the side at the expense of either Willison or Jensen.

Walsh
Mariner
Cobbo
Staggs
Arthars
Mam
Reynolds
Jensen
Walters
Haas
Piakura
Riki
Carrigan

Smoothy
Hetherington
Willison
Oates

Please just pick this 17.

I'm concerned that Kevvie has another brain dead moment and keeps Baker in the side at the expense of either Willison or Jensen.

Walsh
Mariner
Cobbo
Staggs
Arthars
Mam
Reynolds
Jensen
Walters
Haas
Piakura
Riki
Carrigan

Smoothy
Hetherington
Willison
Oates

Please just pick this 17.
Baker's not getting a gig before Jenson. Jenson has been awesome this year.

Can definitely see Baker in the 17 over Willison. Already been spoken about but you couldn't drop Baker, who was picked to start over Willison last week, on last week's form.

Don't get me wrong. I 110% want Haas, Willison and Te Kura in the 17 but Kev has a clear plan for these young forwards. Pretty sure he's sticking to it.

lol all of the couch coaches out telling coach that took us to a GF last year how to pick his team. I mean, if Baker is picked so fucking what? He has been picked in the 17 from the first round, they bought him from the roosters to do a job, It says more about Kevs ability to ruin a players confidence by dropping him to reserve grade off the back of a good performance last week.

He probably hasn't been on Willisons level in any of the games, that's true but its not Willisons spot yet. If Willison has a shit game (which is inevitable at some point) is he going to drop him for Baker again? I mean seriously, go and ask the knights how much they like AOB chopping and changing. Kevy is just showing confidence in his man, backing him which will probably see him grow another foot taller working off the back of Paynes work in the middle.

Baker's not getting a gig before Jenson. Jenson has been awesome this year.

Can definitely see Baker in the 17 over Willison. Already been spoken about but you couldn't drop Baker, who was picked to start over Willison last week, on last week's form.

Don't get me wrong. I 110% want Haas, Willison and Te Kura in the 17 but Kev has a clear plan for these young forwards. Pretty sure he's sticking to it.
Exactly, finally a fan that understands how these players are to be brought through. Some of our fans are so hysterical they just want to blood the shiny new toy. I guarantee they are the same types that will spit these kids out and brand them as shit off one poor performance.

Exactly, finally a fan that understands how these players are to be brought through. Some of our fans are so hysterical they just want to blood the shiny new toy. I guarantee they are the same types that will spit these kids out and brand them as shit off one poor performance.

It isn’t like Willison is a green rookie. He debuted what 4 years ago? He’s also been absolutely phenomenal off the bench. If he does get dropped, fans have every right to question it, particularly when it is for a guy who has been inconsistent at best.

Dunno if there's one thing Baker does better than Willison, and when it comes to providing impact off the bench which is what they're competing for it tips the scale even more in Willison's favor. The risk would be burnout but as Sproj said he's been around a while now, he just looks primed.

Fletcher Baker:
1. Debut Year: 2021
2. Games: 52
3. Current Age: 24

Xavier Willison:
2. Games: 17 (including 2 representative games)
3. Current Age: 21

Jaiyden Hunt:
2. Games: 18
3. Current Age: 25

Although Willison is the youngest of the three players, they all became NRL players in the same year.

If Hunt can be thrown in to play 80mins in the backrow after having played pretty much the same by number of games as Willison, then it is my opinion that Willison should not be held back from first grade any further now that Haas is back.

Willison has shown he is more than capable of handling the step up to first grade, but if we want to manage his development, it now needs to be done by managing his minutes off the bench in first grade.

He has outgrown reserve grade, and he will benefit more by staying in the NRL side where the likes of Haas, Carrigan, Jensen, Riki, Piakura, and Hetherington will take on most of the responsibility anyway. Willison just needs to play a supporting role. If he is looking tired, play him less minutes. If he is looking comfortable, keep him out there for a further 5 minutes.

Fletcher Baker:
2. Games: 52
3. Current Age: 24

Xavier Willison:
2. Games: 17 (including 2 representative games)
3. Current Age: 21

Jaiyden Hunt:
2. Games: 18
3. Current Age: 25

Although Willison is the youngest of the three players, they all became NRL players in the same year.

If Hunt can be thrown in to play 80mins in the backrow after having played pretty much the same by number of games as Willison, then it is my opinion that Willison should not be held back from first grade any further now that Haas is back.

Willison has shown he is more than capable of handling the step up to first grade, but if we want to manage his development, it now needs to be done by managing his minutes off the bench in first grade.

He has outgrown reserve grade, and he will benefit more by staying in the NRL side where the likes of Haas, Carrigan, Jensen, Riki, Piakura, and Hetherington will take on most of the responsibility anyway. Willison just needs to play a supporting role. If he is looking tired, play him less minutes. If he is looking comfortable, keep him out there for a further 5 minutes.

Has either Hunt or Baker spent as much time injured as Xavier.

Will either Hunt or Baker need to pick up as much responsibility for our go forward as Willison will during Origin period.

While Willison may get sent down, I'm finding it mildly amusing to see BHQ go off half-cocked yet again

Will either Hunt or Baker need to pick up as much responsibility for our go forward as Willison will during Origin period.

While Willison may get sent down, I'm finding it mildly amusing to see BHQ go off half-cocked yet again
...it's what we do Foordy - better than anyone else i might add..!

Not sure why it matters if Willison was injured previously. He is not injured currently. ACL and syndesmosis injuries can happen to anyone at anytime. His age has nothing to do with it. Are you suggesting we don't play Xavier because he has been injured in the past?

Baker, being the more experienced front row option will certainly have more responsibility during the Origin period than Willison. Baker will likely be in the starting team to replace Haas, like he is now. Taupau, who cannot make the starting team currently, will also have more responsibility than Willison. Who said anything about Willison being our forward leader during Origin?

Not sure why it matters if Willison was injured previously. He is not injured currently. ACL and syndesmosis injuries can happen to anyone at anytime. His age has nothing to do with it. Are you suggesting we don't play Xavier because he has been injured in the past?

Baker, being the more experienced front row option will certainly have more responsibility during the Origin period than Willison. Baker will likely be in the starting team to replace Haas, like he is now. Taupau, who cannot make the starting team currently, will also have more responsibility than Willison. Who said anything about Willison being our forward leader during Origin?

I'm suggesting we not try to burn out a young player who has had plenty of injuries.

A young player who we will need to lean on heavily in about a month and as we make a run to the finals.

As usual people around here go off half cocked with literally zero to go on. I've read most major news sites and none of them even speculate about who will miss out when Payne and Piakura return. Willison may be the one to miss out, but as of this post there has been nothing to suggest that ... Of course that hasn't stopped half of BHQ from freaking the **** out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • rnabokov
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.