PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suggesting we not try to burn out a young player who has had plenty of injuries.

A young player who we will need to lean on heavily in about a month and as we make a run to the finals.

As usual people around here go off half cocked with literally zero to go on. I've read most major news sites and none of them even speculate about who will miss out when Payne and Piakura return. Willison may be the one to miss out, but as of this post there has been nothing to suggest that ... Of course that hasn't stopped half of BHQ from freaking the **** out
Hence my suggestion to manage his minutes off the bench. I don't think he is going to get burnt out playing 20-25 min stints off the bench. If he is looking tired, play him less minutes for a week or two.

I would say sending him back to reserve grade where he might do longer minutes in an inferior team would burn him out quicker. In the NRL he doesn't have any burden with the likes of Haas and Carrigan playing long minutes.

Fletcher Baker:
1. Debut Year: 2021
2. Games: 52
3. Current Age: 24
Prior to today's team list, the middles pecking order is (pick 5):

1. Carrigan
2. Haas
3. Jensen
4. Hetherington
5. Baker
6. Willison/Te Kura (either, but not both)
7. Tapau

If Willison is named over Baker, I think Te Kura will leapfrog him as well. In an either/or choice.

I can't see us blowing cap on TPJ to play him in the middle.

Has either Hunt or Baker spent as much time injured as Xavier.

Will either Hunt or Baker need to pick up as much responsibility for our go forward as Willison will during Origin period.

While Willison may get sent down, I'm finding it mildly amusing to see BHQ go off half-cocked yet again

Yes, Baker has done his ACL twice; same as Willison.

Prior to today's team list, the middles pecking order is (pick 5):

1. Carrigan
2. Haas
3. Jensen
4. Hetherington
5. Baker
6. Willison/Te Kura (either, but not both)
7. Tapau

If Willison is named over Baker, I think Te Kura will leapfrog him as well. In an either/or choice.

I can't see us blowing cap on TPJ to play him in the middle.
Yeah I think TPJ as a middle forward would end up being redundant pretty quickly, and as an edge backrower, there are probably better/cheaper players out there who could add some depth to the squad.

Hence my suggestion to manage his minutes off the bench. I don't think he is going to get burnt out playing 20-25 min stints off the bench. If he is looking tired, play him less minutes for a week or two.

I would say sending him back to reserve grade where he might do longer minutes in an inferior team would burn him out quicker. In the NRL he doesn't have any burden with the likes of Haas and Carrigan playing long minutes.
Agreed. He needs to start getting in more first grade experience now in small doses so he is prepared come origin time. He will probably be required to do a much larger amount of minutes at that point with all our boys out.

NRL2024BHQTeamListRound8

Anyone know what's wrong with Cobbo and Mam?

Anyone know what's wrong with Cobbo and Mam?
Read on here earlier Cobbo hip and Mam finger.
Cobbo looked like he hurt his shoulder last game towards the end and Mam has had a limp during every game since his debut.

Even with cobbo and mam out this is still probably our strongest side since round 1? glad the sailor at 14 experiment is over. He's good but you can't afford to have pity selections. Was a complete waste.

Just read that Mam and Cobbo have a finger and shoulder injury respectively.

Should be back next week.

Surely Madden up for it against his old team and Arthur's has been solid as centre before.

I am glad we are back to a regular bench.

homer simpson GIF

Adam Reynolds is back!
That’s good! 🤩
But Ezra mam is out.
That’s bad 😔
But Payne haas is also back!
That’s good! 🤩
But Selwyn cobbo is out.
That’s bad 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Nerd
  • broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • kiwi2
  • IceWorks
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.