PRE-GAME [Round 8, 2024] Broncos vs Wests Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still lurking. I like spirited debate but I would like to think the numerous times I've admitted I got something wrong would be remembered. Hope you're well and happy.
Good to see you are still around @Huge. Doing well thankyou, hope you are also.

Yes, I do remember you are not above admitting any potential wrongs.

Any thoughts on the Broncos this year?

Grand finalists don't go pecking at the hands of 19 year olds. He does his time, learns his craft and comes in when he's ready. If not he ***** off to the titans and the broncos unveil the next best thing.

The other thing.. he plays in the middle, he's going to take some time before he's ready to mix it with the big rigs week In week out.
I think Mozer has some good examples of why not to go running off to other teams chasing a quick start.

Olaupu is the prime example, moves to play prefered position quickly, plays there too early, gets moved to the position that we told him is his best position, again before his body is ready, does his neck and underwent radical surgery or face early retirement.

I would argue the other example is Walker. He has been poorly managed by the Roosters in my opinion. They used him early and he his body hasn't recovered from it. Has already had some big injuries and will be on his way to medical retirement from concussions if he isn't careful. He looks like he hasn't put any size on his frame since entering first grade.

Mozer needs time to develop a body that can handle the requirements of NRL week in week out. His best option is to stay here, where he can be unleashed exactly when required.

He’s in a very tough position as a young hooker in a bad team. Sometimes a sniff of first grade just gets the blood pumping a bit.

Although I think that Mozer is both too young and too physically small to be playing first grade yet, and that he should continue learning his craft in reserve grade, I also agree that sometimes players need to take that next step to really elevate their game.

If I recall, Ezra was exactly the same... He had all the skills but wasn't setting the world on fire at QCup level - lots on here thought that because he couldn't dominate the lower grades he would find it hard to step up to the big show... But he rose to the occasion and has never looked back.

Mozer will get his chance. By next year he should be ready to start pushing for a bench role.

Rip Terry Hill before I mention this. Champion player and person by all accounts.... but the broncos better be ready, I think benji will have them up for this at campbelltown for Terry Hill, its their old Boys day as well supposedly.
Horrific news, so sad actually. Though i must admit it would be Manly of all clubs who would want to show respect this weekend with a big performance than the TIgers surely...

Why do I need to remind you when you just proposed it again.

But since you've asked you're proposing dropping someone who.is fit to play for a player who we is not currently in our best 17, because you're afraid he might sign elsewhere.

That's not how the best teams operate.
Not what I said, but if you want to dribble more crap, go for it.

Clearly Paix's time with us is over - move him on and offer that spot & money to Mozer.

Kill two birds with one stone in fact...
It kind of partly played in the off season but sadly Paix doesn’t want to move. He intends to fight his way into the 17.
I don't find fault with the guy’s intention but i hope he realizes it very soon that the chances of him making the 17 regularly with us are very slim.
Don't reckon his cup form this year thus far warrants automatic selection in iur 17.
I would say, it’s a rushed up signing from our coaching & R&R teams. His current extension doesnt make any sense given we’ve Mozer who we see as our future @9.

Tye other fact is that no other team would lke to punt on him(yet).

literally the worst example possible.

we didn't throw Walsh into the side just to keep him. and he had a far easier path to the NRL than Mozer does.

you really have to think if you'd rather us be a team like the Panthers or a team like the Titans or the Tigers of the last decade. if you think we should be a team like the later, then we should bring Mozer in immediately, regardless of if he is the best option at the time. a team like the former never considers bringing a young player into the side because they fear losing them.

Our 2020 team is a direct result of doing exactly as you propose. that didn't turn out too well for us.

James Fisher Harris- 9 Cup games.
Edwards- 21 Cup games.
To'o- 14 Cup games
Leota- 32 Cup games
Cleary- 1 Cup game
Yeo- 2 games
Chrichton- 7 Cup games
Luai- 39 Cup games.

None of them did a long fight to make NRL.

Waiting for this game seems a longer week than normal.
Hope the boys put on a show and make the wait worth it.

How do injured players have anything to do with it. Just sit an think about what is being discussed before speed typing a response.

Let you in a secret ?
I type with one finger .

Just sit and think before speed typing a response ?
I`ll file that along with your team selection suggestions . LOL .

James Fisher Harris- 9 Cup games.
Edwards- 21 Cup games.
To'o- 14 Cup games
Leota- 32 Cup games
Cleary- 1 Cup game
Yeo- 2 games
Chrichton- 7 Cup games
Luai- 39 Cup games.

None of them did a long fight to make NRL.
Maybe not Cup games, but I think players like Cleary and Luai played a season or 2 in the under 20's comp at the time. I am hoping Mozer is as good as everyone here thinks he is, but he can wait another 12-18 months, instead of us forcibly ruining a good thing because we're scared of losing him. A lot of examples of teams changing what works for potential and it all ending horribly (us included).

If we really want him to get some experience, we should loan him to someone for a season (works well for players like Arthars and Grant).

Issue is, nobody wants paix.
Have we filled our top 30? If not, its fine if he wants to stay as a back-up. We've been lucky with injuries to Walters/Smoothy, but you never know.

Have we filled our top 30? If not, its fine if he wants to stay as a back-up. We've been lucky with injuries to Walters/Smoothy, but you never know.
I believe he doesn’t want to leave Brisbane is the situation

Maybe not Cup games, but I think players like Cleary and Luai played a season or 2 in the under 20's comp at the time. I am hoping Mozer is as good as everyone here thinks he is, but he can wait another 12-18 months, instead of us forcibly ruining a good thing because we're scared of losing him. A lot of examples of teams changing what works for potential and it all ending horribly (us included).

If we really want him to get some experience, we should loan him to someone for a season (works well for players like Arthars and Grant).

Cleary was 20 games.
Luai was 33 games.

I don't really put too much into NYC. I don't think it was a great preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Huge
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.