PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you settled enough again in life to find time to post mate.

Thanks mate. I'm sitting in the carpark while my youngest does cheer training. Normally this is my "have an hour nap in the car" time, but I'm not feeling the same exhaustion and burnout.

No reduction in the hyperbole or cynicism though.

We are back at the fortress, are full-strength and have all the motivation and revenge that we could ask for.
Roosters are undermanned missing their 3 best forwards in Radley, JWH and Leniu.
There really is no excuse for a loss here.

As a premiership contender I want to see a clinical performance and let's make a statement. Time to bury these birds.

We are back at the fortress, are full-strength and have all the motivation and revenge that we could ask for.
Roosters are undermanned missing their 3 best forwards in Radley, JWH and Leniu.
There really is no excuse for a loss here.

As a premiership contender I want to see a clinical performance and let's make a statement. Time to bury these birds.
I like the cut of your jib (whatever that means) Lets put the rest of the comp on blast that we are here to win a premiership this year, and if they bring anything other than the very best they have to offer, we will demolish them.

Maybe eventually. I haven't seen him win a game for the Roosters yet. Compare him to Cobbo and Staggs, who looked the goods right off the bat.
NSWRL in a Nutshell....

Latrell - good to great for 5 minutes a game, rest of the time he's lazy AF and makes his wingers do all the work. According to NSWRL - god's gift to league, greatest player ever.

Cleary - can't elevate club level performance to the origin arena when it matters, he always looks ordinary in these super intensity games. NSWRL - ICEMAN! great player ever....

Suaalii - They blow so much smoke up his arse too. Yet to see him be anything close to best on ground yet. NSWRL - The next big thing!

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Thats in comparison to a once in a generation outside back who is 12 months older than him and a 26 year old who has played for the blues and kangaroos? He is 20, development is natural. The game especially the last few years has gone very far away from his body shape and play style being desirable fullbacks. There is very little future in that regard in league, I actually think he made a good choice for his career to go to union. I think he can be the best union player in the world I don’t think he can be the best player in rugby league.

That's kind of the point. The tug if war between the Rabbitohs & Roosters, then Union, and talks of $1 million a year deals, I would only expect that of a once-in-a-generation player who would be dominating from his debut.

And I was talking about Staggs & Cobbo, in their first two years. Not current-spec versions.

Thanks mate. I'm sitting in the carpark while my youngest does cheer training. Normally this is my "have an hour nap in the car" time, but I'm not feeling the same exhaustion and burnout.

Little Women Dancing GIF by TV One

Dud wingers we've had:
Tame Tupou
Leon Bott
Kaine Manihera
Gerard Beale (there I said it)
Shea Moylan
Lachlan Maranta
Aaron Whitchurch
Jordan Drew
Greg Eden
Jonus Pearson (this makes me sad, he looked talented)
Gehamat Shibasaki
Richard Kennar

Suaalii is a really good player. Probably not quite as good as the wraps he gets and definitely not worth 1.6 million per year but he is really good.
Is he though?

Joey Manu is twice the threat he is with ball in hand.

Burnout can be soo all encompassing.

I'm thinking of taking some time out from work too.

But for now .. go Broncs

Dud wingers we've had:
Tame Tupou
Leon Bott
Kaine Manihera
Gerard Beale (there I said it)
Shea Moylan
Lachlan Maranta
Aaron Whitchurch
Jordan Drew
Greg Eden
Jonus Pearson (this makes me sad, he looked talented)
Gehamat Shibasaki
Richard Kennar
What about Steve Michaels and dale Copley? They were wingers at some stage I think

Got a multi on.

Broncos head-to-head.
Walsh, Ezra, Cobbo, Mariner, Manu ATS.

Now watch us get ambushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.