Round 9 - Broncos vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It was nearly 7 years ago that Darius Boyd was informed that his services were no longer required.

At 21 years old, the news hit him like a ton of bricks. Boyd had only just completed a dream debut for Queensland where he scored two tries, but the club he grew up idolising didn't want him. It was bitter news for Darius who turned to Wayne and aligned himself with St George Illawarra.

Since then his career has been defined with tremendous highs.

And some sobering lows.

Despite his amazing accomplishments, Darius Boyd was never truly satisfied with the person he was and everything around him was deteriorating.

A weaker man would have just thrown his hands in the air, accepted it and put his head down.

But Boyd decided it was time to fight.

He faced his demons head on and got the help he needed to find the happiness he had deprived himself of for so long.

He rejoined the club he had cherished for his entire life under the coach who always believed in him.

And through his hard-work was able to turn his life around.

Even when life threw him a curve ball and he ruptured his achillies, Boyd fought on and did everything within his power to return as quickly as he could.

Tonight marks months and months of hard work. Through all the disappointment, Boyd has come out the other side and Brisbane may pay witness to one of the greatest comeback stories this sport has ever seen.

It's been a long time coming...

...but welcome back to Suncorp Stadium, Darius.

Welcome home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd always hoped Darius would come back to us. Very talented and as you say Pete, he has determination.

Here's hoping he has a blinder tonight!

Nice one BP. Feeling bullish about our chances tonight, just have a good feeling.

We're a long way from the finished article, but I really feel like we're finally re-establishing ourselves as a credible threat this year. It's been a long time coming.

Maranta to score a hat trick tonight care of Boyd and Hodges, and his mum's shout for Red Rooster on the way home.

Panthers have CPS.

Corey Parker Syndrome. Only thing keeping Broncos in this game.

Any word on the final team?

A little bit of a random query.. but is anyone else bothered by players who start the game but are forced to wear, for example, jersey #18?

It'd just be so much easier and cleaner to look at if the final 17 announced just before kick-off could wear the correct jerseys, not the ones designated to them on team list Tuesday. (Example would be tonights games, Darius will be wearing 18 at Fullback, Kahu will be wearing 1 on the wing and Oates will be wearing 2 on the bench)

OCD life.. :(

I'm positive I just saw Rod Griffin sitting near me.. Looks just like him.

A little bit of a random query.. but is anyone else bothered by players who start the game but are forced to wear, for example, jersey #18?

It'd just be so much easier and cleaner to look at if the final 17 announced just before kick-off could wear the correct jerseys, not the ones designated to them on team list Tuesday. (Example would be tonights games, Darius will be wearing 18 at Fullback, Kahu will be wearing 1 on the wing and Oates will be wearing 2 on the bench)

OCD life.. :(

It bothers me, as well.

I don't see why they just can't change the Jersey.

As somebody who watches old matches, I like it because it denotes changes and makes for good trivia.

I miss the days of reserve grade numbering.

Reasonably confident about this one. Penrith have a terrible record at Suncorp and their preparation has been average at best

The bye round tends to level the field somewhat as most players are a little rusty.

Terupe is off.

Looks like an ankle injury. He can't walk on it.

Teams not yet updated on nrl.com

" Broncos v Panthers: Darius Boyd returns at fullback for the Broncos in 18, shifting Jordan Kahu to the sting and Corey Oates to the bench. Francis Molo drops out.

For Penrith Jamie Soward returns in 22, pushing five-eighth Will Smith out, and Elijah Taylor is also back, which means Sika Manu also drops out. Matt Moylan will play despite concerns over a fractured hand earlier in the week "

From news.com.au live chat, 10 mins ago.

Hunt may be considering a future in the NFL..

That gridiron pass.. A bit random.

Ray Hadley, kill me now.

Reactions: Kaz
Boyd looks good in a Broncos Jersey

PUKE !
PUKE
Home (at the quarters ) in time to watch the game and those poo jabbers ( on Gem) had to put the Poxy Roosters on first...and I've got to go to bed as soon as the first match is over..or end up only getting 5 hours sleep...damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.