Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Jesus..I didn't think Wadell was an issue. He got pinged for a forward pass but Cam Smith throws five a game...and nothing said. Milf and Hunt on the other hand were a bit ordinary but four things combined in the first half to give us that score line. The refs, crowd, motivated Sharks and good fortune/ luck. We were poor but hardly terrible. I bet Wadell is there next week and Knicko will reprise his role... Blair back will help. Good fight back but I think we shouldn't be scapegoating Parker's kicking and Wadell.

Separate to the glaring lack of quality decision making by Milford especially, and Hunt, the real issue for mine is the stability and structure which Macca brings to the middle which helps Hunt and Milford with their decision making, not to mention his defence and running and kicking. His importance to this team showed up alarmingly today, as did Blair who with Macca leads the middle.

Waddell is simply utterly out of his depth. I have no idea why he is in this team. No idea at all.

Some of Boyd's decisions were questionable as well despite some very good attacking plays.

I thought Roberts and Gillett were particularly good. Maybe now we can start using the right hand side a lot more.

The way the Sharks moved the ball around in the first half was an invaluable lesson for the future. We were caught with our pants down and smacked. They are all class in that respect.

At the same time, the 2nd half was more like it. All in all, given the absence of the core of the spine in Macca and Blair, it was so to speak a good loss, and will serve us well in the future.

I am still worried about Hunt and even Milford when the shape of the team is in their hands and they. Had NFI on what to do.

I don't think the cows would look too flash with Tamou/ Scott and Graville out.

McCullough is vital to our defence but our depth is shit this year. We let go of parcell and the next best option we have is Waddell, who completely sucks. Injuries are crucial because of our lacklustre depth.

Hey team. I've been following the forum for a couple of years now. Finally on board legit. Pretty disappointed by this game. Not so much the loss, but we are now 9 weeks in and our attack (halves) still aren't really close to controlling games. And we have been winning in spite of it. The loss tonight is definitely not all on the halves though. We where just late to the party. Someone suggested Moose earlier in the week to start at hooker. Not as silly now as first thought. First post down, plenty to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a foward with Corey Parker's work rate , it is a big ask for him to be goal kicker as well. I sometimes think Corey just kicks the ball and hopes it goes somewhere near the posts.. He has never inspired confidence, despite having the odd good goal kicking performance,Much prefer Kahu , with Coery as a back up.

Let's be honest here

We lost that game in the first half you can't give the opposition a start like that and expect to win. Our first half was the worst half of football we've played this year without a doubt and I doubt we will play that badly again. Couldn't get our hands on the ball, made unforced errors, gave up to many meters, halves made poor decisions, atrocious defense letting Cronulla make to many offloads that we know Gallen, Graham, Fifita, Tagatese etc are capable of doing.

Very proud of the effort we showed in the second half and to comeback like that against one of the best teams in the comp shows that we are never down and out and what we do when everybody has a go. If only Kahu was the full time goal kicker, Bennett needs to give the role to Kahu as Parker misses far to many. We let ourselves down at the end with poor attacking decisions in our half going for 1 offs instead of throwing the ball wide and Milford kicked it away when there is still a tackle left and he should've gone high instead of along the ground.

Very disappointed by Milford and Hunt I thought they could've done a lot better. Our best player was James Roberts who looked like busting the Sharks open everytime he got the ball. Really missed McCullogh I thought Waddell was pathetic.

Firstly for everyone criticising Milford and Hunt, yes, they had a poor game, but It was largely due to McCullough not being there. He's a very good communicator, and It was pretty clear that we lacked direction, something McCullough provides very well for our halves, but something no one gives him credit for. It was the first game our halves have ever played without McCullough, and it will take some time adjusting.

As for Waddell, a lot of those forward passes were due to our players standing so flat, and almost over running it, forcing Waddell to throw it forward. Its a timing issue, which I'm sure will be addressed. New players in new positions will always throw the timing out a little bit.

I have been witnessing this a fair bit, but I've never brought it up before, and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Boyd doesn't always show enough urgency to get to the ball. There'll be times where he'll just jog towards the bouncing ball or even just look at the ball when the opposition is about to pick it up, instead of cleaning it up himself. It's almost like he doesn't want to put his body in an awkward position and instead just waits for the opposition to pick it up before trying to make a tackle.

Waddell was poor and I don't really want to see him in the team again, but that's not the reason we lost the game.

That first half from us was beyond woeful. The Sharks came roaring out of the blocks from the get-go, whilst we were a disorganised rabble. I honestly think it was the worst half of footy I've seen us play since WB's return.

The Sharks were just too good for the Broncos today. Sometimes you've just got to face up to the facts. The Sharks are a much more bigger and physical team than the Broncos and they used that to their advantage from the get go. They were going to run through the Broncos for a period, the Broncos just had to survive. Unfortunately the kick defence was off today. I have no idea what tape the boys were watching, but they needed to make a change and had to get Boyd to treat it like a priority. For a player like Paul Gallen to score off a grubber is embarrassing and suggests that the boys didn't show the Sharks enough respect.

It's a shame they effectively lost the game because the other fact came out. The Broncos are a fitter side and typically a more resilient side with better discipline than most. They will sacrifice certain periods of the game, even surrender the lead but they'll usually compete in the critical moments and that's what we saw this afternoon. While I thought the Broncos gave up too much of a lead to get the Sharks and was ultimately proven right, I found some of the plays under pressure to be really disappointing. Brisbane have often put themselves in a position to win games, but always have a mistake in them at crucial times too. Until they address that, the premiership belongs elsewhere.

We'll see what this loss does for the Broncos. Best case it serves as a wake-up call and they go into the Double Header with more energy. Worst case and we may learn a thing or two about individuals we didn't want to know.

Unrelated, is it just me or is the worst part about a loss is that threads like this just become a huge 'I told you so' fest? I guess some people do it to make themselves feel bigger, when in reality it just comes off as really petty.

Unrelated, is it just me or is the worst part about a loss is that threads like this just become a huge 'I told you so' fest? I guess some people do it to make themselves feel bigger, when in reality it just comes off as really petty.

not really ... when you get rubbished for suggesting the broncos aren't actually setting the world on fire despite winning, sometimes it's nice to remind them that you do actually know what you're talking about.

The biggest disappointment for me by far was Hunt and to a lessor extent Milford. Hunt had a chance in the last 10 to really lead the team. It's not that we didn't win as much as he didn't look to have a clue, particularly the last 5.

We didn't test the middle much by turning balls back inside and getting caught on the last inside our 20 was just ridiculous. We got lucky on the play with the shoulder charge call then like so many sides over the weekend, bereft of attacking ideas, we produce a nothing kick on the 4th to finish the game.

Milf I felt ran way too much and became predictable, he has come a long way quickly so maybe we expect a bit much so a forgive game for him for sure.

not really ... when you get rubbished for suggesting the broncos aren't actually setting the world on fire despite winning, sometimes it's nice to remind them that you do actually know what you're talking about.

I agree with Pete. You know a broken clock is right twice a day. I think he is referring to ppl potting the side then when it finally happens they want to beat their chest and tell the world.

Wasn't it Spike Milligan who had "see, I told you I was sick" engraved on his tombstone.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.