Rugby League Internationals

Yeah Munster is going backwards at 5/8. Might have to be a fullback or centre @Morepudding

Unbelievable, massive congrats to Tonga.
Well and truely deserved that win.
DCE and Munster, retire yourselves from rep footy.

Is Mal's coaching a talking point yet? No wonder Bennett was so offended when Mal got the gig over him.

Wow, massive day for Tongan Rugby League. DCE blew that one hard.

Is Mal's coaching a talking point yet? No wonder Bennett was so offended when Mal got the gig over him.

He's lost two games hasn't he?

I honestly don't think anyone will be too upset about that one. Everyone happy for Tonga - they played great.

The signs were all there last week. Tonga dominated the Lions and everything I read mid-week (not much) implies Australia was expected to walk it in. Serves th right for likely under preparing.

Tongans had way more desire to win and that is understandable, their desperation in defence was incredible.

This is one of the best things to happen for Rugby league, Tonga's Tier 1 Status is inevitable at this stage, it will also likely fix their issues with their board as they will have no allies and will be forced to concede.

Too many stinking Blues in the team.

Boyd Cordner, first man to captain the Blues to the victory, his team to the Premiership and to lose to Tonga. LOL

To quote the Matt Gillett subreddit description:

‘Boyd Cordner is a little bitch’

I missed the game, but can't believe we lost to Tonga

I missed the game, but can't believe we lost to Tonga

DCE and Munster deadset looked like Turpin and Boyd. Every Aus forward was dominated by the Tongans apart from Haas and maybe Vaughan.

I don't get the fuss around Cordner, he has less impact on games than Jackson. I guess he's lucky he plays for the rorters and not the dogs.

Last edited:
Australia were pretty bad. If there was a re-match next week Australia would put a score on them.

Australia were pretty bad. If there was a re-match next week Australia would put a score on them.

Can't help but feel Australia went into this game thinking it was going to be an easy win, and I don't blame them really. Tonga are good but they aren't anywhere near Australia's level. Every dog has it's day but you're not going to see another win like this in a very very long time.

Tongans had way more desire to win and that is understandable, their desperation in defence was incredible.

This is one of the best things to happen for Rugby league, Tonga's Tier 1 Status is inevitable at this stage, it will also likely fix their issues with their board as they will have no allies and will be forced to concede.
What's the point of making Tonga a tier 1 nation other than status??

Do they get more money? I would've thought it's up to the nation's league federation to fund the national team.

I would say it also hamstrings the players they can pick. Offa wants to play for QLD so he'll pull out. Staggs also wants to play origin so he'd pull out. Any other guy with origin or Aus ambitions (David Fifita included) won't be able to represent Tonga before moving on.

Last edited:
Well the first thing the game should do is not make origin players choose Australia.

You can be a QLDer and still play for Tonga ya'know. It's a stupid rule that only serves to make Australia stronger when it's already stock piling the talent from most other nations.

IRL is a joke and not tying international eligibility with Origin would go a long way. If a guy wants to play for NZ but was raised in QLD, he should be able to do that. It was a huge first step unshackling tier 2 nations from origin, that should be done for tier 1 too.

As for the Tier 1 thing, no idea what it means in practice other than that eligibility rule.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Skathen
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.