Rumour - Broncos 'circling' for Quade Cooper

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Rugby great Tim Horan fears the "Broncos are circling'' Quade Cooper as his continued Test exile fuelled conspiracy theories that Brisbane will attempt to poach the superstar playmaker.

Ex-Wallaby and Queensland star Horan reignited the simmering rumour, writing on Twitter on Sunday after Robbie Deans named his initial Lions series squad: "No Quade Cooper in Wallabies 25-man squad, Broncos are circling."

Brisbane's general manager of football operations Andrew Gee said Cooper had not been discussed by the Broncos while rugby officials are equally upset at the ongoing speculation.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...led-by-tim-horan/story-fn2mcuj6-1226646457174

So how involved are senior players in recruitment?

Corey Parker has said we're not after Quade. Some people think the players are consulted and others don't.

I think most recruitment decisions wouldn't even reach the players ears until the contract had been signed. Except in extraordinary circumstances like Josh Dugan signing mid-season. Even so, I can't see management consulting the senior players until the deal has just about been done.

In Coopers case, they'd want a heads up so they know to put their laptops somewhere safe.

So how involved are senior players in recruitment?

Corey Parker has said we're not after Quade. Some people think the players are consulted and others don't.

I think most recruitment decisions wouldn't even reach the players ears until the contract had been signed. Except in extraordinary circumstances like Josh Dugan signing mid-season. Even so, I can't see management consulting the senior players until the deal has just about been done.

In Coopers case, they'd want a heads up so they know to put their laptops somewhere safe.
Yeah I pretty much agree with that. I just can't see why players should be consulted on recruitment decisions, at best their opinion offers little value (it's up to coaches/recruiters to spot talent, not players) and at worst there is a conflict of interest.

Josh Dugan was played out publicly so players would have known and due to his old teammates basically being the cause of his sack it'd be reasonable for the club to get the opinion of the senior playing group (definitely not the entire playing group).

I'm happy with that, unless he was going to come cheap which would of been highly unlikely.

I really don't want Quade at the club.

Heard too many off-field horror stories and I don't think he's worth the risk.

Mind you, I don't think there are many Union playmakers I'd want at the Broncos. They'd cost way too much and there's no guarantee they'd be able to handle the sport. Now backs, that's a whole different story.

Mind you, I don't think there are many Union playmakers I'd want at the Broncos. They'd cost way too much and there's no guarantee they'd be able to handle the sport. Now backs, that's a whole different story.

Agreed about the backs, gee I would have loved Digby at the club

Digby would be unreal, as would Cooper and to a lesser extent Beale.

I'm not worried about horror stories, I've taken my kids to see players from both codes and the Union players interacted a hell of alot more with the fans and if some of that came across with them I'd be happy.

absolutely .. apart from the question marks about making the switch to league, the major doubt I have with Quade Cooper is whether he'd be a anything more than a short term hire for the Broncos .. The guy seems to want to be a boxer and a newsreader and batman and a UN security council representative so I just don't see him being willing to be "shackled" to the fairly regimented rules of an NRL club for any length of time.

The last thing the Broncos need to spend big money on is a one season wonder .. we need proven marquee RL performers who are here for the long haul.

Isn't the bottom line here that no one knows (I mean KNOWS) anything about anyone signing with us until Round 13?

But of course, by all means, let us all speculate. So we have 3 players vying for the FB spot: Barba, Norman and Cooper. No, no ... 4 ... Hoffman

I'll go for Barba. The others can play in reserves

absolutely .. apart from the question marks about making the switch to league, the major doubt I have with Quade Cooper is whether he'd be a anything more than a short term hire for the Broncos .. The guy seems to want to be a boxer and a newsreader and batman and a UN security council representative so I just don't see him being willing to be "shackled" to the fairly regimented rules of an NRL club for any length of time.

The last thing the Broncos need to spend big money on is a one season wonder .. we need proven marquee RL performers who are here for the long haul.

They played the part of the Deans interview where he was criticising Cooper for not putting his body on the line. Avoiding the collision, playing out of the front line in defence. He won't have that luxury in league. He comes across as the sort of person who will only do anything on his terms, and if he's precious, he won't be a team player in regards to rolling up the sleeves.

They played the part of the Deans interview where he was criticising Cooper for not putting his body on the line. Avoiding the collision, playing out of the front line in defence. He won't have that luxury in league. He comes across as the sort of person who will only do anything on his terms, and if he's precious, he won't be a team player in regards to rolling up the sleeves.

Just curious as to when you last watched Cooper in the Super15? I know judging by Deans interview he hasn't watched a single game this season and It appears you mustn't have either.

Just curious as to when you last watched Cooper in the Super15? I know judging by Deans interview he hasn't watched a single game this season and It appears you mustn't have either.

No I haven't. But I'm not claiming that the knowledge is my own. I know Deans and Cooper don't see eye to eye, but that's what he said so that's what I posted. The 'precious' comes from the Nasser connection and the entourage that comes with it.

"We have never entertained signing talent, We must simply wait until it is presented to us".

I hate when media outlets get quotes wrong, Fixed it up anyway to what he actually means.

Quade Cooper is an over rated hack .......we certainly don't need him at Brisbane

....at least not while we have Peter Wallace fulfilling that role.

he wants to box professionally as well. why should we be interested in him. he'll probably walk away after a year. not to mention the hissy fits he'll probably have through-out.

if we are going to sign someone lets make it someone who's going to commit to the club long term.

As long as his Boxing doesn't impact the club, I don't see what the problem is. His first fight had no impact on the Reds.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.