S Michaels or S Kelly?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Just for fun! [icon_drun [icon_evillaugh

Which one is more bearable?!

OK, I have to say Michaels. S Kelly was my scapegoat back then so ... good times, good times.

Sorry Kelly but you were a shocker mate!!! [icon_evillaugh

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Stuart Kelly was a champ!
Michaels is worse than worse of the worst-worst anoying sorta players if you know what I mean!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I actually rate Michaels when he is on the wing. He HAS shown that he could play well there, and I think he's proven that he's not a centre. He is actually fairly good in attack, it's just that he doesn't pass the ball....which you don't need to do if you play on the wing anyway. And he's definitely better in defence there as well.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
This thread is harsh. Kelly sucked.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Pretty sure everyone on this forum rated him in the centres at the end of last year... i do remember many Michaels v Folau debates on who gets the centre spot

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
He's still our best option there. Comparing him to Kelly is farcical at best.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
kelly played origin not once, not twice, but thrice! kelly is all win.

(note underlying sarcasms)

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Stu Kelly actually was a pretty good player - just not for us

B

bronco_babe77

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think Michaels is a better player.... but Stu Kelly had better hair.....

Dead even for me then.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ive gone over this in my head alot! Kelly, for all his downfalls, at least looked like he was trying. Many of his fuckups were from him trying to pass, something we never see Michaels do. Kelly also played wing, where u dont get many chances to show wat u can do, whereas Michaels gets the balls numerous times in a game and fails to do a thing.

For now, I will go with Kelly being the biggest nuffy of the 2, only because he maintained the level of retardness for such a great period of time. Michaels will overtake him tho

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Frankly I can't split them. I suggest a play off.

Tie an anchor to each of their legs, dump them in the river and see which one can stay afloat longer...they're the better bloke :P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd love to see any player return from the injury Michaels suffered in 2008 and play to any reasonable level. Truth is, he shouldn't be at starting centre as he doesn't have the capability to catch and pass which he needs considering how vital his role is during our left hand side second man play (which has been well telegraphed for what? 5 seasons now?). Personally I wouldn't write him off as a prospect just yet, he just needs a proper off-season to recover and regain the confidence he showed in 2007/2008.

Kelly was a good player for Parramatta, in fact he captained the side in 1999 but he never meshed with our side and stood out like a sore thumb.

A better thread would be Kelly vs. Minto, although I believe Minto wins hands down.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Stuart Kelly is easily more preferable - he has shown a willingness to retire, which frankly puts him miles ahead of Steve Michaels.

M

minto-man

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Love your work hitman and big pete. Scott minto has taken over another thread hehe

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
What was so infuriating about Kelly was, WB kept choosing him.
I still wonder to this day why WB decided to do this... does anyone have a clue?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Why did Wayne keep selecting Stagg at 5/8th? His selections are baffling sometimes.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
I'd have Stagg at centre over Michaels TBH.
I can't imagine the Bunnies scoring all those tries if Stagg was defending there.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Behold
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.