Sam Thaiday’s winding journey from Cowboys reject to Broncos legend

lol

Don’t ask a leading question if you aren’t prepared to believe the response when it doesn’t suit your argument.

Yeah, was worried that my wife had joined the forum for a while there.

So the Cows didn't want him, the Broncos gave him his shot, and he reckons he's gonna be a Cows supporter in retirement.

You are a joker in more ways than one, Sam.

The Cowboys did want him.

They wanted him when he was a junior but they didn't have the budget and they tried poaching him a couple of times throughout his career. But he stayed loyal to the Broncos.. But somehow that's overlooked.

Thaiday says differently.

Thaiday was told as a youngster that the Cowboys did not have the funds to sign him up. That changed as his career unfolded, but he resisted attempts to lure him back to Townsville.

"There had been a couple of offers throughout my career to go back home but I have made Brisbane home and all my connections down here," he said.

They offered him more money than what the Broncos did.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/07...why-he-knocked-back-north-queensland-cowboys/

lol

Don’t ask a leading question if you aren’t prepared to believe the response when it doesn’t suit your argument.

The nerve of me ...

How dare i come out in support of a player who has given his heart and soul to the club for the last 15 years. A player who has been loyal to the core, despite bigger offers to ply his trade elsewhere...

The nerve of me ...

How dare i come out in support of a player who has given his heart and soul to the club for the last 15 years. A player who has been loyal to the core, despite bigger offers to ply his trade elsewhere...

Your response of 'Bullshit' didn't convey your message very well. It came across as "I am right, you are wrong, I just can't argue my point"

You bet your life I would. 300 games, a glittering representative career and a life long media career waiting at the exit? There's plenty to be grateful for.

Mt. Isa is a lot closer to Townsville than it is Brisbane. do you see Locky coming out saying he'd rather support the Cows?

Mt isa ??

Thaiday is a Bronco through and through.

Like many, I think he is passed his best but I have been reflecting on his career the last few days.

A small but crucial moment I remember is when Yow Yeh suffered his horrible injury. Thaiday shielded his face away so Yow Yeh couldn't see just how badly his leg was busted and he and Hodges stayed with him on the ground providing comfort.

Thaiday obviously cares a lot about his team mates and it showed in that moment.

Another one was pushing Thurston's wheelchair around after an Origin game.

Even despite not being the player he was, I'm beginning to see why esteemed coaches like Bennett and Meninga want him in the side and are keen to have him around.

The nerve of me ...

You actually argue like the tv trope Jewish mother-in-law.

Oi tha noirve of me for caring too much! Why don’t I just lay down here and die!

Like many, I think he is passed his best but I have been reflecting on his career the last few days.

A small but crucial moment I remember is when Yow Yeh suffered his horrible injury. Thaiday shielded his face away so Yow Yeh couldn't see just how badly his leg was busted and he and Hodges stayed with him on the ground providing comfort.

Thaiday obviously cares a lot about his team mates and it showed in that moment.

Even despite not being the player he was, I'm beginning to see why esteemed coaches like Bennett and Meninga want him in the side and are keen to have him around.

Only because he was a Cowboy tbh. Flawed argument......

Please note sarcasm

Honestly that Thaiday mum story has been wheeled out once a year for the past decade or so.

I always thought the rep sides kept him around for morale. He's a funny and friendly guy. He hasn't really been great since 2011 though, minus that 2nd half of 2015.

It also showed in Round 16, 2015 when he carried McGuire into the sheds after McGuire ruptured his Achilles.

2fjxt1

You actually argue like the tv trope Jewish mother-in-law.

Oi tha noirve of me for caring too much! Why don’t I just lay down here and die!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant, it just makes me want to set myself on fire!

Active Now

• Professor47
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky24
  • kman
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • BrissyFan97
  • Gaz
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Ondi
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.