Sam Thiaday's Comments on the Footy Show last night

M

mArKuS

BRL Player
Mar 23, 2008
I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with Sam's comment after Benji's interview being our club captain. He focused his talk on looking after his family and no emphesis on being loyal to the Broncs. That's the way I saw it. Any thoughts?

I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with Sam's comment after Benji's interview being our club captain. He focused his talk on looking after his family and no emphesis on being loyal to the Broncs. That's the way I saw it. Any thoughts?

I actually admired his honesty. I particularly liked how he started with "There is no loyalty in the game anymore". That's true. It's a business now.

That said, I think the Benji situation is pretty weird. I don't quite get how you have a 3 hour deadline to decide on a contract you've already signed that entitles you to 2 more seasons...

In a way I agree with Fatty, I hope he changes his mind and doesn't give up on playing in the NRL. I don't want the Broncos to sign him, because as Tallis said, he's been shit for 2-3 years so you wouldn't throw more than $20 at him, but I think he's a guy that can entertain and he just needs to get his head right.

You won't see Corey Parker of Alex Glenn talk the same way. These guys always talk about how much they want to keep playing for the Broncs.

You won't see Corey Parker of Alex Glenn talk the same way. These guys always talk about how much they want to keep playing for the Broncs.

That's fine. As long as they realise the club won't hold the same kind of loyalty when the day comes that they're not of value anymore.

I didn't hear the comments but nothing, absolutely nothing in this life is more important than family. No one lays on his/her deathbed and says ' I wish I did more for my club or had one more house or made one more million '. Family and friends( lovers ) are what counts.

That said a person owes their commitments their best efforts. Absolute loyalty is reserved for family and country. I owe my employer my best effort whilst ever being paid. That's the deal. I agree to sell my labour and they have my support but under no circumstance does my employer come before my family.

Whats best for the family and work comes second.

Well if there's no loyalty then strip Thaiday of his captaincy, if it's purely a business then Parker has far better performance results on the field.

Last edited:
Agree 100%.

But certainly if I feel an employer has done the right thing by me, and I get an attractive offer elsewhere, I will give my current employer the right of reply. I may not change my mind, but to me that's the idea of loyalty to an employer. If the existing employer hasn't done anything special, then I'd probably just make the decision without any input from them.

Agree 100%.

But certainly if I feel an employer has done the right thing by me, and I get an attractive offer elsewhere, I will give my current employer the right of reply. I may not change my mind, but to me that's the idea of loyalty to an employer. If the existing employer hasn't done anything special, then I'd probably just make the decision without any input from them.
Yes! Exactly.

Loyalty doesn't mean I'm going to let my current employer screw me offer but what it does mean is they'll always be my first consideration, I'll work better (because I care more), and if things are mostly equal I'll stick with them.

Just thought he would say at least something that shows he cares about the club. Not saying family is not priority.

I don't mind it, it's the way footy is these days. It would have been great to hear him say "I love the Broncos, I would take a pay cut to stay here" but thats probably a fantasy statement these days. Good to hear him tell the truth.

Frankly I've heard "I love the club, can't imagine playing anywhere else and I'd give my left nut to play here forever" so many times only to see said players go to other clubs or other sports that I just don't believe it anyway.

Webcke and Lockyer are probably the only players who I never had any doubt would be one-club men.

Frankly I've heard "I love the club, can't imagine playing anywhere else and I'd give my left nut to play here forever" so many times only to see said players go to other clubs or other sports that I just don't believe it anyway.

Webcke and Lockyer are probably the only players who I never had any doubt would be one-club men.
Parker?

And supposedly he was pretty close to the joining the Roosters at one stage! (the horror)

Even someone of Lockies stature consider a move on occasion so it was no surprise that WB considered one when the back room boys indicated he was, in their opinion, on the nose. I give my best at work and understand the agreement between work and I is just that, mutual agreement to give of our best for each other. A good workplace should be mutually agreeable and by extension beneficial .

I like the truth rather than as Coxy pointed out, the disingenuous drivel that makes up the usual fare.

CF, we need to stop agreeing so much...it's quite disturbing ;)

That's fine. As long as they realise the club won't hold the same kind of loyalty when the day comes that they're not of value anymore.
i dunno, the broncos showed that sort of loyalty to dane carlaw, david stagg, scott prince, petero civoniceva, brad thorn, and countless others.

theyve also shown it to peter wallace for the last 5 years XD

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • TimWhatley
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.