Sam Walker botched contract talks

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I dunno. This seems like an old grudge to me. Those blokes would have been in and around Siebold in the broncos system as players.

I couldn’t think more of Ben Walker, honestly. But there’s something else going on here. I reckon it’s more about the Broncos not entertaining the Walker Bro’s as coaches. I’ve always welcomed the idea, but I can see there’s definitely bad blood in this.
Yea its a hard read. Not sure what to make of it, but with Seibolds tenure at the Broncos, this sort of thing wouldn't surprise me.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I dunno. This seems like an old grudge to me. Those blokes would have been in and around Siebold in the broncos system as players.

I couldn’t think more of Ben Walker, honestly. But there’s something else going on here. I reckon it’s more about the Broncos not entertaining the Walker Bro’s as coaches. I’ve always welcomed the idea, but I can see there’s definitely bad blood in this.

There's what you say, and this, which has been said quite a few times:

Trent Robinson : https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sydney...robinson/c534a531-d4f6-43b5-b877-291d999020d8

"It's been very clear from Ben, Kylie, Sam and their management that this was the place for him a couple of years ago and this is the place for him the next couple of years.

"We know he's been a Roosters supporter as a kid and wants to be here."

Doesn't seem to me he was very interested in staying here ... or is this BS as well?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Some coaches have all the tactical knowledge in the game and simply cannot relate to other people, these guys usually become instant failures at NRL level.

The best coaches for mine aren't tactical geniuses, it's the blokes who care about their players and have a level of care for them. That's why I believe Kevvie will be a success, not once this year have I seen him throw one of the players under the bus.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It’s brought about by the treatment of the brothers.

The Walkers, like a lot of salt-of-the-earth types, have long memories and loyalty that only the west understands.

You mean paper bags and kick backs on cars and real estate conducted over golf courses?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Ironic that chris walker is doing a charity walk for beyond blue after the shit he gave croft last year

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
No. True country loyalty.

I mean, I get it, but making out like it's some country / city thing is a bit... country.

As in, my grand parents do it, and it's dumb. People in the country like to diss the cities as something else compared to where they're from. There's just more people, we're all the same breed. There are plenty of assholes out west too.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Nah, nothing like it. I mean yeah, essentially we are, but country people run on different (old) value sets, by and large. I’m not shitting on city people, but I do know the Walker family, and they are different people. The family always ran differently to others in the same region.

I know. The country values crap is what I mean. It's thrown around by country people like it's a thing, relying on those in the city to not know. It's no different. Plenty of people out there would treat you exactly the same as an asshole in the city.

That's the thing, assholes are assholes no matter where they are. I'm from Pinnacle, I get it, my family say the same shit.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
That's the thing, assholes are assholes no matter where they are. I'm from Pinnacle, I get it, my family say the same shit.
Man their pies are awesome.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • The Don
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.