NEWS Scandal: player agent spanking

I think you're confusing "complying" with blurting out a stream of consciousness like you're in a confessional. They might benefit in some schooling before facing an inquisition.

I am not the one confusing this. The player agents have every right to counsel their players. But they still have to comply. Which, it seems they haven't done.

I am not the one confusing this. The player agents have every right to counsel their players. But they still have to comply. Which, it seems they haven't done.
Well that's the accusation, yes. But it's open to interpretation. We can't assume the player completely dodged the interview or refused to answer questions.

Let's say it was Fifita, and the Broncos had to pull the kind of strings you only have to pull in extremely corrupt countries like Indonesia, maybe he didn't want to lie but didn't want to get the club into trouble. I'm only making this up, but there are many possibilities here.

Speaking of which:

Last edited:
So how does this impact players currently negotiating that had these guys as agents??

I'm guessing if the agent is part of a wider management company they could just be handed over to the next senior man on the payroll and Mr Orr misses out on his payday... or is there a clause that he can't even be associated with a company that manages NRL players??

Are the other footballing codes and international codes going to adopt the same ruling ie. Can they just take some of their players over to union or super league or will they enforce the ban as well??

Also how is this story getting zero traction in the media... two of the biggest player agents in the comp have been de-registered, but apparently the biggest news is where Latrell will end up or Tigers not being able to sign anyone??

I'm guessing they clearly don't want to bite the hand that feeds them their $1m salary headlines.... conduit to the people and all that!!

Guessing there will be 15 articles about Fifita tomorrow and yet we still have no idea what these guys have even been rumored to have done

Last edited:
I saw "spanking" and came here for the latex and leather....but was disappointed after reading.

Even more disheartened knowing that none of these "managers" will cop any real long term punishment and that on a calculated basis one of them is probably earning 250K per year from our players alone.
[automerge]1576759086[/automerge]
Also how is this story getting zero traction in the media... two of the biggest player agents in the comp have been de-registered, but apparently the biggest news is where Latrell will end up or Tigers not being able to sign anyone??

The managers i know for a fact feed and "leak" to the media. They use the journos as missiles when they need them. The journos are too desperate for goss or the scoop that they wont publish back against them. As soon as they do - the journo is branded for life, his job suffers and the cycles spirals down.

Greenturd wont push hard because he allowed this to happen and knows the system. He well and truly knows if they clean this side of the game up, half the entertainment/goss/bombshell's off the field dries up, and so does his brand value and that gives him less to levergae for when it comes to TV and media rights. All about money.

Last edited:
Well that's the accusation, yes. But it's open to interpretation. We can't assume the player completely dodged the interview or refused to answer questions.

Let's say it was Fifita, and the Broncos had to pull the kind of strings you only have to pull in extremely corrupt countries like Indonesia, maybe he didn't want to lie but didn't want to get the club into trouble. I'm only making this up, but there are many possibilities here.

Speaking of which:

Spot on @McHunt - The NRL may well view not complying very differently to how the general public might view such a term. The laws aren't written into a constitution somewhere. A breach in the NRL's eyes is an entirely arbitrary and self determined thing all done behind closed doors.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Spoon
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wild Horse
  • Xzei
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.