Scottys fantastic Friday football focus!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Guess what guys, it's Friday again and that means it's time for my weekly football rantings where I will try and highlight the major news in football over the past week. I figured since we have a whole sub-forum to ourselves now I might as well start a thread specifically for it :mrgreen:

Last weeks round was marred with drama as Sunderland beat Liverpool thanks to a little scouse kids beach ball. Very unlucky for Liverpool to lose in such a fashion but that's just football I suppose.
Liverpool have been slipping further into trouble since last Saturday as they were upset at home by Lyon 2-1. While this has put Benitez under some pressure, rumor has it that Liverpool can't afford to sack him as it would cost them 20 million quid should he go now. Personally I think the reds' problems are simply lack of funds coupled with lack of depth. While most their starting players are top class, many of the second string players they have are either not up to standard for the premier league yet... or are just crap. I'd say Liverpools title hopes are fairly rooted at the moment.

Barca were another team upset at home in Europe this week, beaten 2-1 by some random Russian team. I didn't watch the match so I can't comment on it but surely that was one Barca were hoping to win.

Closer to home now, currently there is some eyebrows being raised as the NRL and AFL will be asked to suspend their competitions should Australia win their bid to host the 2018 or 2022 world cup. While I'm sure it would be a massive boost for the sport in this country if it happened, I'm still of the opinion that it's just too early for Aus. If it does happen it will be a massive nightmare for any organizers though thanks to FIFA's stringent requirements for hosting the World Cup.

That'll do for this week. Hope you found it informative icon_thumbs_u

awesome stuff Scotty!!! Im gonna look forward to this every friday now.

Cant believe we lost to some team called Rubin.

Nice work Scotty.

Massive match tonight, bigger than usual IMO, because of our current predicament.

Gerrard is supposedly out, but apparently Torres will be fit which is a bonus.

Michael Owen is going to cop it. Hopefully someone chops him.

ningnangnong said:
Nice work Scotty.

Massive match tonight, bigger than usual IMO, because of our current predicament.

Gerrard is supposedly out, but apparently Torres will be fit which is a bonus.

Michael Owen is going to cop it. Hopefully someone chops him.

chops him? like a karate chop?

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.