Second Test- Australia v Pakistan MCG

You guys ready for the most ridiculous stat you've ever seen?

Amount of times a team has made 400 in their first innings and ended up losing by an innings..

1877 - Nov 2016 ... 2 times
Dec 2016 ... 3 times

Unbelievable, no matter what the situation is we always find a way to beat Pakistan. Hobart 1999, Sydney 2010 and now this.

Interesting who the coach was who started our infamous collapsing period and who is coaching Pakistan now.

Maddinson has been axed for the 3rd test.

O'Keefe, Agar & Cartwright added to the 13 man squad.

My guess is that we rest Starc for the 3rd game, he looked like he was grimacing towards the end of his spell today, he could use a break before we get into the One Dayers, T20's & then head off to India.

This would be my XI for Sydney -

1. Warner
2. Renshaw
3. Khawaja
4. Smith (c)
5. Handscomb
6. Cartwright
7. Wade
8. Agar
9. Bird
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

12. O'Keefe

I am not a fan of resting anyone but given how important Starc will be in India, this actually makes sense unfortunately.

To me, SOK is a proven performer but Agar would be a nice option if firing in India and at still such a young age, has such an upside. SOK is a bit of a walking injury too at present.

I think Agar ticks a few boxes. Don't care too much about stats . Seems to have the temperament for the highest level. + he'll be bald in 2 years so looks good fir a long term spin option.

Unbelievable, no matter what the situation is we always find a way to beat Pakistan. Hobart 1999, Sydney 2010 and now this.

Pakistan beat us 2-0 last time we played.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.