NEWS Seibold: don't you worry about that

So if this is from a few days ago, why are we rehashing it in another thread or has the coach trotted out the contract line AGAIN?

I think this is important because I'm as much against the coach as the next bloke but if it isn't new, let's just leave it be, if he has trotted it out again, goodness me sack him now. But I also want to be fair to the bloke, regardless of whether we hate him or just don't like him, what's the point in rehashing?
It came from Badel at 2:22pm today and hit this site about five minutes later. They often recycle quotes. Most of them come from press releases even though they write them up like interviews.

Screenshot 2020 07 02 Seibold Ill sack myself if I have to

Last edited:
That really strong contract line pisses me off. He's basically goading the fans by saying you've gotta pay big to get rid of me.

Why say it unless you're a fuckwit?

Last edited:
That really strong contract line pisses me off. He's basically goading the fans by saying you've gotta pay big to get rid of me.

Why sat it unless you're a fuckwit?

That's the thing. At least if he was likeable, you'd be half willing to cut some slack but he isn't. He's smug, he's useless and he doesn't do well under pressure at all.

That's the thing. At least if he was likeable, you'd be half willing to cut some slack but he isn't. He's smug, he's useless and he doesn't do well under pressure at all.
Always reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from a favourite movie, `fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life'.

Does seibold have any rugby league coaching mentors that he still contacts for advice? I think i recall bennett saying he kept in contact with jack gibson for advice. Seibold just seems well out of his depth and still being on the infancy of his coachimg career would benefit from a mentor.

Does seibold have any rugby league coaching mentors that he still contacts for advice? I think i recall bennett saying he kept in contact with jack gibson for advice. Seibold just seems well out of his depth and still being on the infancy of his coachimg career would benefit from a mentor.
Ron Massey was one of Bennett's mentors, that maybe who you are thinking of. Seibold apparently consults Eddie Jones by phone.

I think he still attends online tuts at Harvard via zoom.

Ron Massey was one of Bennett's mentors, that maybe who you are thinking of. Seibold apparently consults Eddie Jones by phone.
Oh ok, i thought he mentioned gibson in his book but may have been mistaken. In saying that massey was no slouch either.

It makes sense seibold's mentor is a union coach as that is similar to how we play, flat one out hit ups (similar to their mauls) with an eventual high looping kick.

Last edited:
Always reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from a favourite movie, `fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life'.
To be fair, that’s how I’m doing it

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Bish
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.