NEWS Seibold: I never done nothing

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Peter Badel of The Courier-Mail unpicks the scab covering the Bronco's coach alleged bar room bingle:

Maker of men
Anthony Seibold refuses to admit he came to blows in an alcohol-fueled melee in the notorious drug capital of Australia, Byron Bay, claiming he's victim of a "bizarre defamation."

Maxresdefault

Parramatta fans: say the darndest things.

The completely made up incident did not happen on Australia Day while
Seibold was having drinks with his former Storm buddy, and now Newcastle coach, Adam O’Brien, and his former Souths assistant Willie Peters. Seibold did not clash with a local beer swilling Parramatta fan, who at no time put shit on his team's woeful performance against the Eels in last year's finals:

“It’s pretty laughable to be fair. I have heard some bizarre things over my two years as a head coach but that particular one takes the cake. I was with another head coach from another NRL club and a couple of his assistants. There was no verbal altercation, no physical altercation, I found it quite bizarre. The less said the better. Someone is trying to be defamatory.”

“I wouldn’t have a clue where this has come from. There was no date mentioned, there was no establishment mentioned. I find it laughable. But it doesn’t stress me. There has been no names put to the article from what I understand but I haven’t wasted any breath. There was no incident. I find it bizarre we are talking about it. Other than an unnamed report which I was told about, no person has put any details around it. It’s one of the more bizarre ones.”

It's not like he fell asleep in the car with the aircon on. Now that would be a story.

Screenshot 2020 03 11 49e4aa777d4edab09f6b963e2676b4da WEBP Image 1280  720 pixels

Sleepy Joe: finally awake to the dangers of alcohol.

Never mind some utterly ludicrous fantasy about a non-existent barney over the most embarrassing game in Broncos history - which no one remembers - COTY 2018 is only thinking about the 2015 GF rematch this weekend:

“Certainly, we want to spoil the party. There is going to be a big party on Friday night, it’s a brilliant facility from what I understand and one of their players told our players that the Cowboys slept on the field last week. Obviously they are trying to make it a fortress so to speak and build a connection with the stadium. There will be a lot of pressure on the Cowboys, everyone expects them to win at the stadium don’t they so we go up there with no fear. We want to try and spoil the party, we will have another big session today and have an opportunity to train on the field tomorrow for our kickers and catchers to look at the field. We expect some rain so hopefully it doesn’t keep anyone away from the game. We are looking forward to opening the season in such a game.”

I don't know about you but I'm just glad no one got hurt. Phew!

McHunt

Last edited:

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.