NEWS Seibold says some more stuff

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Courier Mail's finest scores another fistful of chook feed live from Red Hill.

The Broncos coach had read what his injured captain said earlier in the week and it helped him think of an angle to tell the journalist:

“With young men and young people, having a real tough conversation with their peers is something to work on. We don’t have a lot of experience in our group, so I’ve been working on it with the leadership group. If they see something, they need to say something regardless of how many games they have played and what their age is. It’s something for us to work on as a group, to have a tough conversation with each other.

“I felt as though we were getting better in that area, but I can’t disagree with Alex (Glenn), it’s a challenge I have given the leadership group. It’s all well coming from the performance and coaching staff, but the tough conversations in games and training have to come from the group. They have to be stronger on each other.”

160923439 56a885903df78cf7729e887c

It looked pretty good

Croft nodded agreeably - anything to get this over with:

“We are a young group. Alex said it the other night about holding each other accountable and not being shy to have the tough conversations. We can build on leadership and hold each other accountable and picking up people on areas of the game they need to fix.”

But that wasn't enough to satisfy our persisent scribe, so Seibold came up with this:

“I always think about my attention to detail and there’s been some self-reflection. It is more about, ‘Is there anything I can help the players with on game night’ or ‘is there anything we need to tick off during the week?’ Everyone saw we had about $4 million worth of salary cap missing last Thursday night (against the Roosters), so it was going to be a challenge for our guys who haven’t played much at this level."

“Across the group we can always do better. Without going into details, I have been coaching for 15 years and had some really good weeks as a coach and some really tough weeks and tough days. One thing as you get a bit older and do things more you get a feel for where things are at. Sometimes it is not about looking at one thousand things, it is about looking at two or three key things that individuals across our club can focus on.”

And then everyone laughed.

McHunt

Last edited:
No I think he's right.

Two or three key things:
1. HOLD THE FUCKING BALL.
2. Complete your sets and get a kick away.
3. Tackle the opposition like you mean it and wrap up the fucking ball.

Simple stuff. I expect us to be a lot better against Manly or I'm going to spit chips.

No I think he's right.

Two or three key things:

Simple stuff. I expect us to be a lot better against Manly or I'm going to spit chips.
Can we dumb this down a bit? Not sure our boys can handle such an elaborate game plan.

No I think he's right.

Two or three key things:

I love how everything Seibold says has nothing whatsoever to do with rugby league.

Hey Anthony, how about getting a defensive structure into this team? What about some attack? You can have tight structured football, or you can have a free for all where the players have a licence to throw the ball around.

Somehow you have managed to coach neither into the team...

Finally, whether you have structure, free play or neither, what you won’t have is ANYTHING, if you cannot get these guys to respect the goddamn pill and actually HOLD it.

PS Anthony, the ‘pill’ is the ball...

Good lord, this club at the moment is like watching a really lame sitcom with terrible writing and even worse acting, it's so cringy you feel bad for the actors and embarrassed to even admit you watched.

Last edited:
Can we dumb this down a bit? Not sure our boys can handle such an elaborate game plan.
If doing nothing but one out hitups and kick on the last for 80 minutes can get us more than 40% possession this week i'll never complain about the one out stuff ever again.

No I think he's right.

Two or three key things:

Might I add ...
Don`t try and hold blokes down when the ref is saying get the fck off him . Don`t keep your hands on the ball once the ref calls held . Don`t try and set some new line speed standard in the 1st 10 minutes .

This could possibly lead to no 6 agains and penalties and the fatigue that inevitably comes after tackling for 20 minutes .
Then we might have some sting in attack . Be less fatigued and be able to make better judgments ?
Possibly , maybe even be competitive ?????

If doing nothing but one out hitups and kick on the last for 80 minutes can get us more than 40% possession this week i'll never complain about the one out stuff ever again.

Gee I will.

I know where you are coming from, however one out running has been the bane of this team since those heady days of 2015/16 and, it gets us absolutely nowhere, as well entrenching the bad habit of not having support runners looking for off loads, with an attacking shape standing deep and wide ready to continue the momentum.

But yeah, hold onto the ball or nothing will happen at all, except another excuse from the Harvard Acme Book of Excuses for when we get flogged.

Last edited:
Gee I will.

I know where you are coming from, however one out running has been the bane of this team since those heady days of 2015/16 and, it gets us absolutely nowhere, as well entrenching the bad habit of not having support runners looking for off loads, with an attacking shape standing deep and wide ready to continue the momentum.

But yeah, hold onto the ball or nothing will happen at all, except another excuse from the Harvard Acme Book of Excuses for when we get flogged.
It's been around longer than 15/16... Griffinball anyone?

It's been around longer than 15/16... Griffinball anyone?

Ah yes, but something happened in 2015 .. I wonder what that was?

Answer ... Milford, and a stunning commitment to defence the like of which we haven't seen since. Why not still baffles me.

Ah yes, but something happened in 2015 .. I wonder what that was?

Answer ... Milford, and a stunning commitment to defence the like of which we haven't seen since. Why not still baffles me.
I think Bennett taught them how to attack in 2016, because apparently he hadn't in 2015
🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
I think Bennett taught them how to attack in 2016, because apparently he hadn't in 2015
🤔🤔🤔

Well in 2015, Bennett said (can't remember where) that he decided to let Milford play his natural game for his 1st year at the club, and then, for reasons beyond comprehension, he began the long tradition of coaching Milford to be someone he wasn't.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Well in 2015, Bennett said (can't remember where) that he decided to let Milford play his natural game for his 1st year at the club, and then, for reasons beyond comprehension, he began the long tradition of coaching Milford to be someone he wasn't.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
It’s one of the great wtf are you doing coaching moments. Milford in 2015 was worth every bit of 1 million why on earth change it!

It’s one of the great wtf are you doing coaching moments. Milford in 2015 was worth every bit of 1 million why on earth change it!
Maybe because Hunt signed for St. George and he needed someone to run the team as Nikorima wasn't going to do it.

Because he could, and therein lies a big problem with labelling someone as "the next Lockyer" which incidentally, I noticed has been done to Tesi Niu. I read somewhere he too has been called the next Lockyer 🙄
[automerge]1591838897[/automerge]
Maybe because Hunt signed for St. George and he needed someone to run the team as Nikorima wasn't going to do it.

I have no doubt about that. Problem of course was Milford was signed for who he was at the time and that wasn't a game manager, which was bleeding obvious, or should have been after a season or two with him struggling to be who he wasn't

Last edited:

Active Now

• Strop
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dexter
  • thenry
  • Howie
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Ondi
  • NSW stables
  • Tristan1990
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrtij
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.