SATIRE Should We Sack Maguire?

No! his first press conference was one for the ages!! Contract extension anyone?

He flat batted some of those questions perfectly, acting like he wants to talk to the old boys.. as if he gives even half a shit what they've got the say, he's not being paid to coach them.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he has a chat with Reece Walsh though.

What I heard you say is you have plenty of time for men who wear joggers without pants.
😵‍💫
Paris Hilton Thats Hot GIF

In all seriousness, we don't need to sack him. Give him his three years. But by midway year two, if we're anything other than delighted, queue up his successor.
Nah **** that. If he doesn't make the 8 next year then he is gone. That's the expectation now. No fucking excuses.

Nah **** that. If he doesn't make the 8 next year then he is gone. That's the expectation now. No fucking excuses.
Wouldn't he get the same excuse as Kevvie got for his first two years?

Not with the squad we have at our disposal. Kev got a two year grace period due to the rabble he inherited and even at the end of year 2 there were calls for his head after that late season fade. The team that Madge has inherited is significantly in better shape then what Kev got to start with so his expectations should therefor be higher. Top 8 is a minimum for me. And like I said, no excuses. Injuries plagued our season something shocking with our spine playing like 6 games together this year but the club has already determined that's not a good enough excuse to keep you around.
Or are we admitting we need to rebuild the club despite this time last year we were 3 minutes away from lifting the trophy?

Kevs team was coming from a wooden spoon

I'd say that Madge needs to make the top 6 at least for it to be a pass. This team played in a grand final 12 months ago. He doesn't have the excuse of needing to rebuild the roster like Kevy had.

I'd say that Madge needs to make the top 6 at least for it to be a pass. This team played in a grand final 12 months ago. He doesn't have the excuse of needing to rebuild the roster like Kevy had.

All this roster needs is some direction, structure and a couple of decent additions. Its not a rebuild scenario.

Not with the squad we have at our disposal. Kev got a two year grace period due to the rabble he inherited and even at the end of year 2 there were calls for his head after that late season fade. The team that Madge has inherited is significantly in better shape then what Kev got to start with so his expectations should therefor be higher. Top 8 is a minimum for me. And like I said, no excuses. Injuries plagued our season something shocking with our spine playing like 6 games together this year but the club has already determined that's not a good enough excuse to keep you around.
Or are we admitting we need to rebuild the club despite this time last year we were 3 minutes away from lifting the trophy?

This team would get a wooden spoon for the second half of the season. It's also an unbalanced rabble that Madge has had zero input in assembling. We will know pretty quickly if he's improved on Kevvie, but I would be giving him two years to strut his stuff before demanding his head.

All this roster needs is some direction, structure and a couple of decent additions. Its not a rebuild scenario.
It's a rebuild. Our bench is screwed. We have no second row depth, and our two starters have underwhelmed. Our centre in Cobbo looks disinterested. Our captain is broken. We have no mongrel in the forwards.

It's a rebuild. Our bench is screwed. We have no second row depth, and our two starters have underwhelmed. Our centre in Cobbo looks disinterested. Our captain is broken. We have no mongrel in the forwards.
How can a club go from a premiership force last year to a rebuild 12 months later? Or did a heap of players retire that we aren't aware of.

Doesn’t even know the pin code to get into Suncorp. Sack him

I just want to set a new record for the amount of time before putting up a thread like this.
Mate, the secret to my thread’s success is that I just kept requesting title changes to keep it fresh. When I’m ready to start deathriding Madge, I’ll just have a mod update the Kev thread title

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • johnny plath
  • broncsgoat
  • Astro
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Broncosarethebest
  • xilliun
  • Johnny92
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • Battler
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.