sick of it

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I don't know about you guys but i am sick of the media blowing us off. I find that no real time is spent on us on the matty johns show, 360 or mmm. They talk up the roosters so much its sickening. We lead the table and these guys act like we don't exist half the time. If we win they look surprised. It was good hearing gould give us a rap on the weekend. We are playing an excellent exciting brand of footy based on great D and just wish the boys could get a better rap for it.

I had to comment on an article in the SMH. Which focussed on the "poor storm" and how they we're "missing there stars". No mention that we had more backing up, and we're missing captain and vice captain

The only person who consistently wraps us on any of the Fox Sports NRL shows is Matty, the rest of them are all biased as **** towards their own teams and don't care about any others.

I get where people are coming from, but who cares if the media don't take us seriously? It was ever thus...

ps we've converted Gould and Sterlo this year (Sterlo on the Rush Hour on MMM before rd 1 said he wasn't sure about us, now he's all but got a Broncos v Cowboys gf locked in)...you could hear it in Gould's voice on Sunday....he's a fan

I heard matty call us a serious football side on monday but thats it. Before manly the otherweek he backed them to give us a touch up haha the bunch of them did. I know its a bit petty but i just see us and the cowboys out performing most sides and its like its brushed over. It just annoys me to see the roosters win a game and their the inform team they loae the next week and its a hiccup. I would love an all qld GF but do not think the bastards down south would allow it.

I love it! Just like old times.

The media will come around eventually, this form has to last more than half a season first though

I understand exactly where the OP is coming from because I felt exactly the same as him a few years ago.

I don't care anymore because I have come to realise the NSWRL will never change.

I actually find it quite funny now when you compare years to when we are going well and when we suck. This year the shows all focus on everyone else and when they get to us it's like "oh yeah and the Broncos had another win". Whereas last year they were more than happy to spend segments telling all and sundry just how shit the Broncos are and how nothing they do will change it. It's a good laugh.

In a lot of ways the media have killed origin for me. The representation on most footy shows is 95% NSW and they are so biased it's obscene. I mean take the Jennings incident. It reeks to high hell of hypocrisy but guys like Kent have no issues with it and the one journo that had the audacity to point out the hypocrisy gets shouted down like a heretic. And all the while Ikin the dopey fence sitter sits there with a shit eating grin agreeing with whatever Kent says.

I heard matty call us a serious football side on monday but thats it. Before manly the otherweek he backed them to give us a touch up haha the bunch of them did. I know its a bit petty but i just see us and the cowboys out performing most sides and its like its brushed over. It just annoys me to see the roosters win a game and their the inform team they loae the next week and its a hiccup. I would love an all qld GF but do not think the bastards down south would allow it.

Like I said I agree with you, it is complete bullshit. The roosters could lose to the Mt Druitt U15s and still be premiership contenders, yet when either us our the Cowboys lose the will crack out the "has the Broncos/cowboys bubble burst"

It's complete bullshit but I just don't care anymore. Outside of fantasy footy comps and the Broncos I have no interest in league and can completely understand why other leagues laugh at us. Nearly everything the NRL outside of their core product is amateurish, embarrassing and short sighted

I understand where you're coming from, but personally i've never given a tinkers cuss what the so called experts think of us.

Wayne has the boys believing in themselves and they're playing good footy, that's all that matters to me.

Not worth losing sleep over it. Talk is cheap. We've got the runs on the board, that's all that matters.

That said, plenty of positive press out there about our progress this season. More than the nay sayers IMO, just comes down to where you're looking.

It'll just make it sweeter when we win the premiership. Good luck ignoring that.

Loving it. Every victory is that much sweeter. And it's pure butthurt, they were all hoping Bennett was a spent force, and unless we win the GF it'll be "overachieved, couldn't compete with the big guns, we all knew all along". And to be fair, our losses have been to last years premiers and two current top 4 teams.

The other plus is that the players aren't getting ahead of themselves. Even in Qld it's all Cowboys so we're going in with the underdog mentality and the desire to prove our position on the ladder is justified.

I love it. Especially living in newcastle. All I heard for the first 5 weeks of the season was things like "we are top of the table how is Wayne doing?" And "broncos won't even make the finals and we are looking like a premiership team, shows how shit Wayne is" lol I'm pretty quick to point out how Wayne's team is doing compared to their team.

could not possibly care less. i dont watch footy shows to hear about the broncos.

for the record i feel like they've been talking us up a fair bit in the last couple of weeks and it makes me feel uneasy. happy to stay 100% under the radar.

Last edited:
Who gives a rats ass. I would rather win and fly under the radar than lose and get attention any day.

Couldn't care less, couldn't give a shit - i'm sure the players and Wayne don't either.

Football is played on the field, not on paper or on tv shows.

FWIW I am still of the opinion I don't think we can win until Hunt starts showing some proper game management against the big sides - but I don't let it bother me in the end.

I love it! Just like old times.

The media will come around eventually, this form has to last more than half a season first though
This nails it and very economically too ! Truth is, we haven't done enough and most still think we could be exposed . Deep down inside I would guess that 99% of Bhq would feel the same if totally honest. We know we have improved but the question still hangs.....are we really genuine contenders ? That question is still not fully answered.

could not possibly care less. i dont watch footy shows to hear about the broncos.

for the record i feel like they've been talking us up a fair bit in the last couple of weeks and it makes me feel uneasy. happy to stay 100% under the radar.

You don't watch footy shows to hear about the footy either.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.