NEWS Siebold chuffed with pre-season fitness

I’d rather siebs doesn’t make too much of this. Our whole off season should be pretty much under the radar as far as giving pressers goes. Just say we are working hard, know we have a big job to do etc. we don’t need anyone pumping us up saying we are killing it on the training paddock.
The only thing that counts is what happens from rd 1 next season.
Until then I’d rather we kept our cards close to our chest.

Yeah the puff pieces last year drove me fucking insane. I know the club would have media obligations but it'd be nice to figure out a way to keep a lid on this shit.

I’d rather siebs doesn’t make too much of this. Our whole off season should be pretty much under the radar as far as giving pressers goes. Just say we are working hard, know we have a big job to do etc. we don’t need anyone pumping us up saying we are killing it on the training paddock.
The only thing that counts is what happens from rd 1 next season.
Until then I’d rather we kept our cards close to our chest.

For sure. Last season they talked it up heaps and we all know how that went. Just concentrate on what we need to do and don’t give too much away otherwise you run the risk of looking like a pube.

Here you go again @McHunt making thinly veiled claims that are untrue

Seibold claimed his team is fitter than Wayne's, yes, but he did not claim Wayne's team was a rabble

Mate, I understand your concerns but surely most people with any exposure to humour can tell where the actual truth is in McHunts posts and where poetic license is being used.

Seibold claimed his team is fitter than Wayne's, yes, but he did not claim Wayne's team was a rabble

Shhhhh don't ruin this for us.

Who won the game against the Reds?

I saw 1 of the Broncos Wingers running in about 11 tries.

Yeah the puff pieces last year drove me fucking insane. I know the club would have media obligations but it'd be nice to figure out a way to keep a lid on this shit.

we're the Broncos ... not possible ... it's not like we can get lost in the clutter of 8 other teams like Sydney clubs can

That article would go a whole lot better if they gave us some more detail. Beep tests, skin folds something to hang their opinion on. Having said that it has to be remembered half the team were injured the precious off-season so it is probably right.
I might be wrong but this may be birds first pre-season with us since he was signed. Ive given Milford a lot of criticism but he too had his last preseason interrupted.
With a bit of inspiration they can hopefully make it count.

Much prefer to read McHunt's thinly veiled claims than Badel's...... Doing a great job Macca, keep up the good work mate.

Much prefer to read McHunt's thinly veiled claims than Badel's...... Doing a great job Macca, keep up the good work mate.

giphy.gif

I'd be 100% against this. The opposite might be true, far too much risk that some of our shittier qualities rub off on them. Can't afford to put our only team that is pulling their weight consistently at any sort of risk.

That’s why they’ve sent in Corey Parker. He flogged the girls, now he’ll flog the boys.

Well let's face it, WB consistently failed to keep up with the modern game when it came to the fitness side of things. If anything its probably the biggest change we needed.

I’ve always felt Wayne’s strength was getting his teams up emotionally and playing well above themselves which is a great trait to have but doesn’t help when the team turns up flat for a game and has no adequate Plan B to revert to.

If we could strike a better balance or have a Bennett-Seibold hybrid coach the team we would be set.

Already liking what I'm seeing and hearing about the team preparation for season 2020. Positive signs and I am very much optimistic about our progress and likelihood of vast improvement from this year. Keep the good news stories coming McHunt [emoji2]

I’ve learnt my lesson from previous years, all these positive stories mean jack shit to me until I see what translates on the field.

I want the boys and the club to do their talking on the field in 2020 to start gaining the respect back from the fans.

Ahhh offseason puff pieces are in full swing...

Love the Reds and Broncos training together. They can swap notes on underperforming despite having access to a premier talent hotbed for both codes.

And broncsgoat would be approving of the shape the QLD Reds coach is in too [emoji6]

I’ve always felt Wayne’s strength was getting his teams up emotionally and playing well above themselves which is a great trait to have but doesn’t help when the team turns up flat for a game and has no adequate Plan B to revert to.

If we could strike a better balance or have a Bennett-Seibold hybrid coach the team we would be set.

So what you’re after is Craig Bellamy?

So what you’re after is Craig Bellamy?

Well that ship has sailed after what transpired the last time we chased him... [emoji20]

If Seibold can get through to squad and they start to buy into his methods, than I’m hopeful we would have the next best thing but time will answer that question.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Yem
  • Johnny92
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • kman
... and 70 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.