Slater wins Golden Boot

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Inglis best 5/8??!! That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard all year - he is a crap 5/8.

Agreed, but that's more a sad statement about the quality of five-eighths in our game. The way the game is played, a quality ball player/strategist/footballer is not required at five-eighth anymore. The only genuine five-eighth in the game is Darren Lockyer. The rest play like a 4th back rower or 3rd centre, Inglis included.

The lawmakers have to do something or our game is going to degenerate further into being like American football where each play is planned, choreographed and participated in by only a couple of players.

Do agree with Prince at Half though - he had a much better year than Thurston this year.

I don't have a problem with Slater as best FB this year - but not Player of the Year.

Agree re: Prince.

Who would you have said was player of the year? Do you agree with me it should've been Karmichael Hunt? He dominated every position he played this year. He could've just about been named in every position in the team of the year.

Agree on the front row as well - Price or Civo FTW

However I don't think these awards will be around long - lost a lot of credibility already in their inaugural year.

Agreed. They're nearly as ridiculous and pointless as the Dally Ms.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agreed about the quality of 5/8ths Coxy, but I think it actually stems from the absence of any decent halfbacks (aside from Johns) a few years ago.

To name but two, IMO Cronk and Thurston were not halfbacks, but were there for a lack of any other option because ball-playing back rowers or creative centres can flourish in the 6.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
True that Mick. Prince wasn't even a halfback really, the Broncos turned him into one (or tried to) and then so did Wests Tigers. He's more of a classical halfback than the others.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Who would you have said was player of the year? Do you agree with me it should've been Karmichael Hunt? He dominated every position he played this year. He could've just about been named in every position in the team of the year.

Actually I probably would have picked Nutley myself.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, fair call. He's probably as deserving as Slater!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah you only had to hear it for 1 game - I have to put with with hearing all about how great Nutley is at EVERY game

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I do not envy you Flutterby, every hitup by anyone other than Nutley......"Nuts would have made more ground" or "That was soft, Nuts should teach that girl how to run hard".

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I know - why do you think I sat Aeetee between me and Coxy - helps shield me a little bit

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  • thenry
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.