Socceroos in Brazil 2014

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Soccer fans

Just wondering out of the current squad, which players are we likely to see continue to play on and make it to Brazil? Who is too old, who is too shit?

Squad is:

Goalkeepers: Adam Federici, Brad Jones, Mark Schwarzer

Defenders: Michael Beauchamp, David Carney, Scott Chipperfield, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Luke Wilkshire

Midfielders: Mark Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Richard Garcia, Vincenzo Grella, Brett Holman, Mile Jedinak, Carl Valeri, Dario Vidosic

Strikers: Joshua Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Nikita Rukavytsya

Tell me :mrgreen:

Schwarzer won't go on.. he's 37..But I suppose, if Oliver Kahn did, why can't he..Bresciano.. I can't see him going on either..

MORE TOMMY OARR!

Jeba said:
Soccer fans

Just wondering out of the current squad, which players are we likely to see continue to play on and make it to Brazil? Who is too old, who is too shit?

Squad is:

Goalkeepers: Adam Federici, Brad Jones, Mark Schwarzer

Defenders: Michael Beauchamp, David Carney, Scott Chipperfield, Mark Milligan, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Luke Wilkshire

Midfielders: Mark Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Richard Garcia, Vincenzo Grella, Brett Holman, Mile Jedinak, Carl Valeri, Dario Vidosic

Strikers: Joshua Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Nikita Rukavytsya

Tell me :mrgreen:

Federici has all sorts of potential between the posts and so does Jones.

Spiranovic, Beauchamp, Carney and Wilkshire all look great long term options at the back and Kisnorbo has room for improvement in his game, hopefully Neill retires soon coz he is sh!t most of the time.

Valeri looks a stalwart as the worker in midfield and had a very solid cup especially his last two efforts, Vidosic, Oar, Zullo, Kilkenny, Garcia and Holman all have varying degrees of potential and will all still be around in 4 years.

Kennedy will be about in 4 years as will McDonald who will thrive if played with a decent target man like Josh to run off. Rukavytsa has potential as do Nathan Burns, Joel Griffiths and Bruce Djite and it will be interesting to see how those fellas develop now that they are playing in overseas leagues.

------------------------Federici---------------------
Wilkshire--Beauchamp----Spiranovic---Carney
--------------Kilkenny---------Valeri--------------
---------Oar-----------------------Vidosic---------
---------------McDonald-----Kennedy-------------

looking over the squad, I would be very very surprised to see Schwarz, Chipper, Moore, Culina & Grella in 2014 and then theres Neill, Kewell, Cahill, Emerton & Bresciano who are all in their 30s.

Cahill and Kewell have confirmed they'll be playing on till Brazil 2014.

I'd also be keeping an eye on young James Holland. Could be a big player for us in the future, depends on his development.

I hope Cahill goes around once more. I love watching him play. I reckon Kewell will be determined to have another crack given the disappointing tournament he has had (not all his fault though obviously).

Tommy Oar will be our star come 2014

Can we all go to Brazil and make a sign "MORE OAR!!"

Just throwin it out there.

We need to start gradually phasing out the older players and bringing in the new ones. The sqaud for the next asian cup needs to be very close to the squad we want for 2014. That means there needs to be spots for people like Oar, Holland, Leckie etc. Maybe something like this:

Federici/Brad Jones/Langerak
Williams - Spiranovic - Milligan - Carney
Holland - Valeri
Leckie - Vidosic - Oar
Djite

I think Vidosic will be the key to our success in 2014.

He'll be a gun.

look who's eligible for Australia.

Christiano Ronaldo - Portugal. Born in Portugal, to Portuguese parents. Eligible to play for Australia due to his grandparents holding Australian passports. Has represented Portugal at senior level and is considered one of the best players in the World, winning the 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or 2008 and finishing runner-up in both 2009 FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or 2009.

Not anymore he isn't lol Not that it was any chance of happening in the first place :P

haha. Just odd to see such a name creep on a list like that. Personally I think he's severly overrated. But hey.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.