Sonny Bill Williams signs with the Roosters for 2013

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think his injury prone-ness was an over exaggerated myth. He was injured for a few periods in his first couple of years but after that he missed at most 3-4 games a year IIRC.

Didn't he have two knee injuries when he was playing Rugby in France or something?

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
pwn - Are we totally forgetting about his latest foray into boxing?

He only got hurt lifting up the money he made from fighting a 42 year old.

Or was it his pride that was hurt from the 42 year old nearly beating him.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Not exactly professional to change the terms of a match mid-performance?

Didn't the Botha camp admit they got told prior to the match that it would be reduced in rounds?

It's still dodgy imo, but not as dodgy as it was first made out that it was changed mid match.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Didn't the Botha camp admit they got told prior to the match that it would be reduced in rounds?

It's still dodgy imo, but not as dodgy as it was first made out that it was changed mid match.

It was advertised as a 12 round bout.

They weren't fighting for a WBA title belt, as SBW hadn't gone 12 rounds before, and it wasn't sanctioned by the WBA.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Not exactly professional to change the terms of a match mid-performance or publicly call the referee a cheat now is it?
Don't follow boxing at all so I don't really know what happened in that incident, well not enough to comment.

I think SBW's a good bloke who is hugely talented. Sure he did what he did but that was 6 years ago, taking that out of the equation, for someone who's as insanely popular as he is, he has a very clean sheet. It's just the constant circle jerking by CH 9 and co which makes him seem up himself.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You're blaming the media for him being an arrogant ****? Next you'll be telling us that Mundine is a nice guy.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Don't follow boxing at all so I don't really know what happened in that incident, well not enough to comment.

I think SBW's a good bloke who is hugely talented. Sure he did what he did but that was 6 years ago, taking that out of the equation, for someone who's as insanely popular as he is, he has a very clean sheet. It's just the constant circle jerking by CH 9 and co which makes him seem up himself.

A good bloke doesn't do what SBW did to his Bulldogs teammates.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yes he made a mistake, it was 6 years ago... He didn't glass his partner, it was a contract dispute between an employer and employee. It was a dog thing to do but he served his time. He wasn't allowed to play RL till 2013 because of what he did. Outside of that he's been pretty well behaved. He had a fight for charity in 2011 for the Christchurch earthquakes and he donated $100,000 of his personal earnings. http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Huge-p...d-Sky/tabid/415/articleID/216501/Default.aspx Which also included 250k from the TV event. Which goes down as the single largest contribution to a natural disaster by a professional athlete.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
And I bet he tells people whenever he's given the chance. He's a grade A tosser. He licks the back of Mundine's throat he's that far up the guys clacker.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fair points pwn.

Look I think the game is better off with SBW in it and hopefully he's available for the world cup because his presence alone should stir a lot of interest in it. However, I've never been big on blowing smoke up people's asses and saying he's been professional over the past 6 years is a crock especially in light of all the boxing drama.

He does present an interesting case of morality though. I reckon GI is more popular despite being convicted of domestic violence.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He's not a good bloke.
Based on what? Walking out on an employer?

I'd argue GI is a wanker but he's widely respected by the looks of it.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Based on what? Walking out on an employer?

I'd argue GI is a wanker but he's widely respected by the looks of it.
GI is not a good bloke either. You may be confusing good player with good person!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah but SBW cops shit left right and centre. GI cops nothing, it's completely forgotten.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Sure but if you're going to bag SBW as a bad guy for walking out on a contract 6 years ago then you can't give GI a free pass. GI has done a lot worse and he also avoided a contract by claiming planes don't fly when it's raining, that's like double strike. I never see GI copping shit, ever, but people love to bag out SBW. That's probably because of the constant CH 9 jerking off about SBW but still.

Active Now

• Astro
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Aldo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.