*spoiler* Broncos vs Raiders trial

Out of interest do u know who scored our tries?

lyn said:
http://www.broncos.com.au/index.php?page_id=3840
Take a look there GCBRONCO it tells you the try scoreres.

When did David Campese come out of retirement? [icon_lol1.

I wonder if Shaun Fensom got a run for Canberra? Good result for the boys anyways!

Hunt got injured though... possibly in doubt for rd 1

Brisbane will sweat on a medical update on star full-back Karmichael Hunt after he suffered suspected torn stomach muscles during the 30-16 NRL trial win over Canberra.

Hunt suffered the injury trying to ground the ball five minutes into the clash.

He did not return and could be in doubt for Brisbane's NRL season opener against North Queensland on March 13.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Quick run down on what I seen

1. Karmichael Hunt - Normal hard running game before he went off hurt
2. Antonio Winterstein - Very solid, showed good speed. Moved to the centres late in the 2nd half and put Yow Yeh away a couple of times
3. Gerard Beale - Was very involved. Moved to fullback when hunt went off. Showed good speed
4. Israel Folau - {retty well contained by the Raiders outside backs. Looked nervous early but settled into his game. His try was brute strength
5. Jharal Yow Yeh - Similar performance to Winterstein, very solid. Made a meal of one bomb, but caught prob a harder one later.
6. Andrew McCullough - Very impressed with his game from 5/8. Very smooth, created plenty of chances for the outside backs. Got a great offload away late in the game
7. Peter Wallace - A bit scratchy for mine, His kicking game was off
8. Nick Kenny - Seemed to have bulked up a bit. Was strong all night, typical Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell. - My MOTM. Very sharp from dummy half, and got the team rolling. Always looked dangerous
10. Sam Thaiday - Lead from the front, strong game with out being outstnading
11. Lagi Setu - Pretty quiet in the first half but really warmed into the game in the 2nd half. Was looking preety dangerous out wide, and was solid in defence
12. Ben Te'o - A carbon copy of Setu - Quiet first 40, but shortened a few Raiders up in defence in the 2nd half, and did look dangerous with ball in hand
13. Corey Parker - Solid.

Interchange: David Taylor - Ran hard but wasnt a stand out
Joel Clinton - Not sure he played, if he did he didnt do much
Alex Glenn - Not sure I had the right player, think he played a bit of dummy half. Looked ok if it was him
Guy Williams -Not sure
Aaron Sweeney - Made a few strong runs
Ashton Sims - I love Ash, but he was a passenger tonight
Josh McGuire - Only got a few mins but like Sweeney made 1 or 2 good runs
Tom Hewitt - Played a bit of wing and fullback in the 2nd half. Showed some good pace, made a good break late in the game

BroncoMatt said:
1. Karmichael Hunt - Normal hard running game before he went off hurt

A whole 5 mins, he must have been knackered. [icon_evillaugh [icon_razz1

Agree with most of what you've said BroncoMatt.

I thought Yow Yeh was the pick of the young backs. Very good acceleration, shut down a few second man plays in defence and nearly scored a second try off a grubber.

Gorrell was good, adequate enough to be our starting hooker in round one, but not that good. He threw too many flat hospital passes IMO. McCullough is a talent and should have the starting hooking spot by next season, if not mid this year.

Kenny's our number one prop this year. Signed a million autographs and photos for the kids afterwards as well, was the last to leave the field. And Clinton looks bigger, more like a prop.

Something still doesn't seem quite 'right' with Taylor though. He lacks conviction.

What I seen, that is to say, what I saw;

- No Bronco was really "outstanding", it was a trial, however Gorrell was rather impressive.
- Setu and Te'O did nothing, later in the 2nd half they had a little impact. Setu gave a great offload which lead to a try. Te'O seemed a little sluggish and slow.
- Beale was great. An outside back to watch this year, especially if we get injuries.
- McCullough was impressive at 5/8th. L5looked as though he wouldn't be out of place in a real game vs enthusiastic opposition.
- Yow Yeh dropped a sitter. TYC is a big step up.....
- Wallace wasn't really putting in 100% tonight and I don't blame him, they shouldn't even be risking our top 7 in a trial anyways.
- Kenny looks like a monster and once again, I tip him (fingers crossed) to make at least 18th man for SoO.
- Parker has lost heaps of bulk, however (and you all know this is tough for me to say) he actually looked agile and attempted to penetrate in his few hit-ups.
- DT didn't do much, nor did Sims.

ethos said:
Very good acceleration,

man how quick was this kid, I think alot of people are gunna be suprised when this kid opens up and goes full tap.

Good to hear about Gorrell. My biggest concern about him was how well he'd come back after playing in the ESL for 2+ years. He'll definitely be our best hooker atm, if he can keep up with the pace of the NRL IMO.

Bad news about Hunt though...hope it's not too serious.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.