*spoiler* Broncos vs Raiders trial

I dislike insubordination from my sidekick.

*POW!*

(did not post pic for risk of being told to keep it in general talk by the adminazis)

ROFL! Robin strikes again! I agree they pioneered it but to be honest it was a coaching masterstroke simply because the NRL didn't stop it straight away and they became so good and changed the tactic ever so slightly as soon as people and officials caught up with them. Good for the game, no of course not but looking back Bellamy was able to send his team clear of the pack with these tactics which were legal for most of the time.

Huh? We should take our debates about the wrestling tactics that have been a blight on the NRL to General Talk?

Nah, just cut the general shite out of your serious debate. Keep the debate intact, and scrape all off-cuts from the debate into random general talk threads, much like one should trim the fat from a side of beef.

OK, no more humour allowed when discussing football. Gotcha.

I think wrestling is bad.
I think the NRL are weak that they haven't stamped on it properly, merely attempting to fight fires by outlawing particular tactics.
I think the Storm did a great disservice to the game by a) introducing these tactics and b) denying that they introduced these tactics.
I think rugby league has changed enormously in the past few years.

Go Broncos.

I think blaming the Storm is a scapegoat tactic, but I guess everyone needs villian.

Hammo said:
I think blaming the Storm is a scapegoat tactic, but I guess everyone needs a villian.

You heard Mick and Rock, keep it in general talk.

But the Storm were the first to really make a focus on wrestling and slowing the play the ball down right? Even you can't deny that.

The rest followed the leader.

Just like the Storm under Chris Anderson pioneered a very flat attacking style, which other teams then followed after their early success in 1999.
Just like the Roosters changed things in 2002 with a brutally fast defensive line, basically stunting the flat attacking play the Storm made famous.

Yes, the wrestling shit is a trend and it's just a matter of time for the officials or teams to work out an effective counter to it and it will die like the other trends. But it can't be denied where it originated from.

Coxy said:

FFS. Like reasoning with a 3 year old.

Humour and football debates are fine, but come on! Use what development should have occurred in your brain over the past 20-odd years to not go OTT, ok?

mick! said:
Coxy said:

FFS. Like reasoning with a 3 year old.

Humour and football debates are fine, but come on! Use what development should have occurred in your brain over the past 20-odd years to not go OTT, ok?
[eusa_clap.gi

Oh and I forgot when I was saying Gorrell was looking sharp, I had forgotten all the terrible passes he threw. He wasn't that sharp after all.

How many off passes did he throw?! He willneed to be working on that!!!

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.