Sporting violence

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This story is absolutely disgusting.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

That last line is fucked!

Seriously, if someone gets THAT badly hurt then there's no way it can be an accident.

I hate the way referees and umpires at all level of sport are hesitant to send someone off. If someone is hit in foul play and they get seriously injured, there should be no hesitation, send them off. The only conjecture is when there's foul play that had the potential to cause major injury but didn't...then it's a discretionary call for the umpires/referees as to how bad and how dangerous it was.

Fucking wrong.

And I hope this grub gets jail time and ordered to pay tens of thousands of dollars in damages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coxy, in AFL there is no send offable offence as far as I'm aware?

Bullshit. The umpires would have every right to send someone off if they thought it was bad enough.

Hmmm the Aussie rules masters have the red yellow green card system....so I don't know if it's the same for Junior ausie rules? but at the AFL level they don't, cos remember the out-rage about Barry Hall and everyone saying they need to bring in the rule.

Of course that guy should have been sent off.....he should go to prison for assault. And be sitting along side Trent Barrett (lol, jk)

Yeah, AFL is paranoid about contests being decided because a team is short a player. The AFL is constantly worried about its image...and it does it by not punishing serial violent offenders on the field, doesn't punish its off field transgressions, it simply covers everything up.

Honestly the AFL is a fucking joke of an organisation.

The worst thing about the AFL is there 3-strike drug rule.

mrslong said:
Coxy, in AFL there is no send offable offence as far as I'm aware?

Nope you can get sent off for 100 different things. I know if that happened when I was playing last year players would have been sent off. Sounds very strange that nobody got sent off.

Coxy said:
Bullshit. The umpires would have every right to send someone off if they thought it was bad enough.

Agreed Coxy, last year in my junior match, my friend got sent off for retaliating at someone who said a rascist remark towards him. [icon_non Also I came to his aid and the umpire told me "hey, careful or i'll send you off to" The offender was awarded a 50m penalty. Shit, what's junior spot coming to these days? [icon_shru

This thread title should be changed to "Coxy's pot shot at AFL" icon_thumbs_u

Oo look, a prawn floating in the water, must be christmas :-)

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.