OFFICIAL Staggs Commits for 4 Years

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be honest necessarily, this season is most likely a write off. So give hun all the time he needs to make a proper recovery.

Its all gone very quiet on Staggs latest 'issue', which is a worry, you just know the NRL pricks are waiting for him to return before throwing a ban at him.....especially now that he as re-signed.

Ohh you’re just coming off a major ACL injury, here’s a 4 year contract. We love our long term contracts here at the Broncos. It just makes sense to give football players prone to injury long term deals. We are waiting for a couple of long term contracts to finish so we can sign even more long term deals.

Ohh you’re just coming off a major ACL injury, here’s a 4 year contract. We love our long term contracts here at the Broncos. It just makes sense to give football players prone to injury long term deals. We are waiting for a couple of long term contracts to finish so we can sign even more long term deals.

i'm not sure 1 serious injury make you prone to injuries ... especially when you're 22

i'm not sure 1 serious injury make you prone to injuries ... especially when you're 22
He’s done his hammy as well.

injury prone is a stretch but the bloke has hardly picked up a football for 12 months and has had more off field incidents than highlights on the field so a 4 year deal isn’t amazing

Footy players in general are prone to injury, it’s the nature of the game. There are teams struggling to fill spots for injured players they are that frequent. Long term contracts for players make little sense. It’s not as if Broncos haven’t experience this first hand countless times.

If players want to leave a club part way through their contracts, they usually find a way to do so. They won’t leave if they are stinking it up or injured but still getting good coin.

That one serious injury you mention, an ACL, can ruin careers. That one injury cost Stagg a year recovering. You don’t just got your speed and strength when you return. It takes several months playing before you can feel confident with the leg again. This is while playing footy which isnt exactly the best environment to be rehabing an injury. The chances of further issues with knees is a definite possibility. You are more prone to associated injuries like pulling a hamstring as the knee doesn’t provide enough strength to support the leg.

Footy players in general are prone to injury, it’s the nature of the game. There are teams struggling to fill spots for injured players they are that frequent. Long term contracts for players make little sense. It’s not as if Broncos haven’t experience this first hand countless times.

If players want to leave a club part way through their contracts, they usually find a way to do so. They won’t leave if they are stinking it up or injured but still getting good coin.

That one serious injury you mention, an ACL, can ruin careers. That one injury cost Stagg a year recovering. You don’t just got your speed and strength when you return. It takes several months playing before you can feel confident with the leg again. This is while playing footy which isnt exactly the best environment to be rehabing an injury. The chances of further issues with knees is a definite possibility. You are more prone to associated injuries like pulling a hamstring as the knee doesn’t provide enough strength to support the leg.
Tedesco blew his knee in his first game, cracked his fibula, fractured his kneecap and copped a broken jaw in his first 4 to 5 years. Didn't stop him being one of the best fullbacks in the game currently and hasn't missed any more games than most players since

Tedesco blew his knee in his first game, cracked his fibula, fractured his kneecap and copped a broken jaw in his first 4 to 5 years. Didn't stop him being one of the best fullbacks in the game currently and hasn't missed any more games than most players since

Not every injury is the same, obviously. While a broken jaw is horrible, you don't use it to run. ACL is much different to any of those injuries. Do I need to bring up Jack Bird? Thats what ACL injuries do to your career. Im not saying Staggs is going to be a Jack Bird, but I'm not giving him half decade long contract when we haven't seen him play first grade for a year on that knee. Maybe the Broncos know something we don't, maybe they are just desperate.

Benji was “one shoulder reco” from retirement too, ten years ago

Shoulder injuries are not knee injuries. Knee injuries change the way you play and not for the better. For every feel good story like Benjis, there are many not so feel good stories of injuries getting the better of players.

Not every injury is the same, obviously. While a broken jaw is horrible, you don't use it to run. ACL is much different to any of those injuries. Do I need to bring up Jack Bird? Thats what ACL injuries do to your career. Im not saying Staggs is going to be a Jack Bird, but I'm not giving him half decade long contract when we haven't seen him play first grade for a year on that knee. Maybe the Broncos know something we don't, maybe they are just desperate.
Did you just ignore the first three injuries I listed? All leg/knee injuries, and when I say blew his knee, it meant an ACL

When is he due back btw
Was due this week, but reports he done a hammy last week... haven't seen anything about it though.

If he has done a hammy then probably round 14 or so... just after origin effectively.

If no hamstring injury then should be in the next fortnight or so.

NRL are still screwing around with his latest off field incident as well... but NSWRL logic would suggest whatever he did was far far worse than DUI 2x over the limit and they will probably give him a massive suspension

Was due this week, but reports he done a hammy last week... haven't seen anything about it though.

If he has done a hammy then probably round 14 or so... just after origin effectively
This was another thing that I found baffling.
Staggs was due back round 10 and everything was hunky dory.

Then the announcement he had re-signed.

Then from nowhere Kevvie announces he's strained a hammy a few days ago and won't be back until round 14. When Kevvie mentioned it, I thought 'Eh? when did that happen and how-come no one seemed to know about it?

This was another thing that I found baffling.
Staggs was due back round 10 and everything was hunky dory.

Then the announcement he had re-signed.

Then from nowhere Kevvie announces he's strained a hammy a few days and won't be back until round 14. When Kevvie mentioned it, I thought 'Eh? when did that happen and how-come no one seemed to know about it?
And no injury updates since that was mentioned (just checked through Broncos website).

You'd think if a star player was due back and had just re-signed the club would be looking to promote it and provide some updates.

And no injury updates since that was mentioned (just checked through Broncos website).

You'd think if a star player was due back and had just re-signed the club would be looking to promote it and provide some updates.
Mmmm...not sure what to make of it, but it does seem bizarre.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.