NEWS Staggs: I'm back, and even sorrier than last time

Kotoni Staggs will never ever do it again, whatever it was he did:

“I’ve put my hand up for the mistakes I’ve made off the field. Everyone makes mistakes at different times in their lives and no-one is perfect, but I’m living and learning my lessons and from here onwards I want to be the best person I can be and be a role model."

“What has come out with these incidents – it’s not really me. I’m a better person than that and I’m not just letting myself down at the end of the day, I’m letting down my family and my teammates and the fans."

“That’s pretty sad for me but now it’s time to get my head in the right place and move forward, and I promise I’m doing that.”

“I want to be a leader. I want to help my teammates as much as I can, I want to continue to grow and help the younger players out and be a leader and a mentor."

“A few guys have chosen to leave the Broncos but there are even more key players who’ve chosen to stay, and others like Adam Reynolds (South Sydney halfback) who are coming to our club, so we’ve got a lot to look forward to in the future.

“Coming through as a young fella at the Broncos, I always wanted to be in a position where I could sign a big contract with this club because it’s where I want to be, and now there a lot of younger fellas in the team and I want to stay here for another four years and help those younger boys come through.”

Screen11

Incidents

Ayatollah Abdo earlier:

“I’ve spoken with Kotoni and we’ve discussed his situation and his indiscretions. He knows exactly what he needs to do to get back on the field. Together, with the Broncos, we’ve put the education and training programs in place to support Kotoni in rehabilitating. He’s in the process of completing those programs. There’s no doubt he’s a talented athlete with the potential to be a successful player."

“Ultimately though, it’s up to Kotoni to make the positive changes to get his career back on the right path.”

F4e52f9aad8977e9ade0ada4fe8a388e

Leadership

Donuts:

“Our commitment to Kotoni is not just to get him back on the field. It’s a journey to ensure he can grow into a position of leadership and achieve his potential, not just on-field but off-field.”

McHunt

He will play less 6 than I thought, probably half a game in a trial.

I might be reading too much into that new interview, but i dont like the wording when he says he's made the call to play center for the rest of this year ( and he does say " Its my call " even though he does also say Kevvie agree's ). Surely the coach makes the call where the player wants to play, not the player, the player should put the best interests of the team first, not himself. Maybe thats why we are the way we are. As much as i cant stand them, the team first, next man up mentality of the Storm is what we are badly lacking.

For the record i think playing center will ease him back into the team, i just dont like the idea of a player making the call on what position he should be playing in.
So much this @Wolfie who the **** does he think he is? He reckons he's good at centre too. Mate have a look at your defence it's far from average never mind good. Somebody needs to knock that arrogant chip off his shoulder. Once he's done ten years at the top winning things then maybe. At present he owns a wooden spoon and a dodgy ACL.

So many perfect people on this forum, so much easier to judge hiding behind a screen

They don't need to be able to quote poetry.

Being a good person and a top footballer would be more than enough. If people still want to hold them up as role models then so be it.

Just a quick reminder that Shaun Johnson, an actual 5/8 who already knows he 'needs to pass and stuff' agreed to play 5/8 at the Warriors for $450k a year.
I still can’t believe that deal. Question, if we were to register that deal with the nrl would they allow it?

I doubt it.

Just a quick reminder that Shaun Johnson, an actual 5/8 who already knows he 'needs to pass and stuff' agreed to play 5/8 at the Warriors for $450k a year.
Kiwi’s love the go home factor. Hopefully Reece Walsh will do the same for us lol

Kiwi’s love the go home factor. Hopefully Reece Walsh will do the same for us lol
Yeah that's absolutely true and no doubt the Warriors probably got a better deal than any other club could have got, but it shows Johnson was available for a lot less than a gamble like Staggs is going to cost.

Theoretically you could have got a Johnson and Reynolds combination for about the same as we're currently spending on Milford and Dearden.

Yeah that's absolutely true and no doubt the Warriors probably got a better deal than any other club could have got, but it shows Johnson was available for a lot less than a gamble like Staggs is going to cost.

Theoretically you could have got a Johnson and Reynolds combination for about the same as we're currently spending on Milford and Dearden.
I saw a thing recently that sports stars who come back from an Achilles rupture typically have one really good season once they return but then they start to diminish after that one season. Could be bs but think darius boyd, Hodges and Kobe Bryant. And possibly seeing it now with Kevin durant.

I saw a thing recently that sports stars who come back from an Achilles rupture typically have one really good season once they return but then they start to diminish after that one season. Could be bs but think darius boyd, Hodges and Kobe Bryant. And possibly seeing it now with Kevin durant.

It will be interesting to see, Durant was pretty epic this season thus gone when he wasn't injured.

I absolutely acknowledge he comes with risks given his age, but those risks are equally significant or perhaps even more so in Staggs case given he's also coming off an ACL, that's before you factor in that he's been signed to play a position he's never really played before, for significantly more money too.

I absolutely acknowledge he comes with risks given his age, but those risks are equally significant or perhaps even more so in Staggs case given he's also coming off an ACL, that's before you factor in that he's been signed to play a position he's never really played before, for significantly more money too.
I’m with you on Staggs. I am not sold on him being a 5/8th at all and can see him being more of an asset running lines on the edges. I’d rather persist with Kelly if no one else is available

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.