POST GAME State of Origin Game 3 Discussion

can't help but feel we got the rub of the green with the refs last night. also thought gagai looked like he was a fish out of water, maybe his time has come, he has been pretty average all series.

glad the sideshow is over for the year. can't wait to talk about it again in march 2022.
I thought Gagai seemed injured, upper leg heavily strapped. when Ponga made that break gagai couldn’t keep up but ironically it’s lucky he didn’t because he was able to keep the ball in play by being so far behind

The refereeing was like any other game over the last few years.

Fucked.

Calls went both ways though IMO and I don;t reckon QLD were given any special favours.

Once again.......the 6 again calls fucked the game. The sooner this rule gets removed, the better the game will go back to being.
The issue with Sutton is that he's a jeckyll and hyde type. In the first half he blew 10 set restarts yet in the second he only blew 4. Nothing had changed in the ruck if anything both teams were holding down longer.

Hahaha, oh man Brandy is a bit of a sook isn't he? Kent asks some reasonably pointed questions and he cracked it.

The issue with Sutton is that he's a jeckyll and hyde type. In the first half he blew 10 set restarts yet in the second he only blew 4. Nothing had changed in the ruck if anything both teams were holding down longer.

Tedesco spoke with the ref at half time...coincidence?

The side I'd take in to the next year, at this stage -

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Valentine Holmes
3. TBA
4. TBA
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Christian Welch
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Ben Hunt
15. David Fifita
16. Moeaki Fotuaika
17. Lindsay Collins

We obviously are desperate to find some competent centres, especially defensively. Perhaps Tabuai-Fidow can add some size over the off-season and continue to improve - Kurt Mann will also likely be playing exclusively in the centres from here on out at Newcastle, so he may be a serious option next year.
I'm not sold on Welch. I think he's potentially a huge liability. He's soft as **** with the ball in his hands, when he catches it.
Yes....he can defend.

p.s Like the side in general. I suppose DCE deserves another series......he obviously could have been better, but .....
Interesting if Sam Walker kicks on...

Yeah....huge centre issues. What are the realistic options?

Fucken Chambers is starting to look alright....

sick cringe GIF

Aussie side probably:

1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. TTurbo
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Papalii
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Capewell
12. Crichton
13. Tino

14. Grant
15. Haas
16. Finucane
17. Fifita

I thought Moses was completely useless out there for them last night. I dont recall him creating any opportunities and was just shuffling the ball around until he was required to put a kick in

I'll begrudgingly accept that if Cleary & Lui play last night...we lose.

Fittler complaining about Hunt's second try, claiming it was a knock on.

I don't know. It's hard to tell whether it is or not. We don't have access to a side view, though the bunker do and they gave it.

This is where Ponga first makes contact with the ball.

Vlcsnap 2021 07 15 23h45m59s531

This is where it lands.

Vlcsnap 2021 07 15 23h46m18s513

This is where Gagai picks up the ball.

Vlcsnap 2021 07 15 23h46m27s566

Camera angles can be deceiving and there's no clear marking on the ground you can use to determine whether it's knocked on or not.

I do think it's one of those 50/50 calls that went QLD's way.

But IMO, Ponga passed way too early. This wouldn't even be a debate if he had held it for a millisecond longer.

Watching it on the hard camera it looked like a knock back.

The last touch from Ponga was the only questionable call but in real time they got that correct as well with Ponga knocking it back only for Koroisau to knock it in the other direction and put Coates onside.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.